Jason Heyward v. Yoenis Cespedes ROUND 2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Heyward v. Yoenis Cespedes ROUND 2

Default Re: Jason Heyward v. Yoenis Cespedes ROUND 2

Quote Originally Posted by bookbraker View Post
    Hey, that's pretty cool. Do you think that gif makes up for the .293 OPS and humiliating lack of effort on the defensive end in the World Series that clearly led to the Mets losing the series? It's totally cool if you think it does, just asking out of curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Javy, why don't you post a video of Heyward's speech, you know it's the reason the Cubs scored in that inning, without that speech the Cubs probably lose, Heyward should have been named MVP for the speech imo
    His speech could have been mimed for all I care, at least he doesn't wave at important defensive plays in the world series like an autistic child, like Cespedes.

EOG Dedicated

I've seen Mike Trout do that also, don't know how high it was, but it was pretty impressive watching him do it, just like this is
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

Quote Originally Posted by BumgarnerWins View Post
    0-0 game in the World Series and you're more worried about running into a fence than preventing a HR... if you want that pussy on your team, you don't know baseball. Period. Me first. Team last.
    Javey do you have audio of Heywards rain delay world series speech?

EOG Dedicated

His speech could have been mimed for all I care, at least he doesn't wave at important defensive plays in the world series like an autistic child, like Cespedes.
    Tough to do that from the bench

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Tough to do that from the bench
    Hey, I thought it'd be tough to give a poor effort in the World Series in a 0-0 game, but Cespedes proved me wrong. I bet he goes all out on his golf swing though, just not fielding world series fly balls.

EOG Dedicated

Hey, I thought it'd be tough to give a poor effort in the World Series in a 0-0 game, but Cespedes proved me wrong. I bet he goes all out on his golf swing though, just not fielding world series fly balls.
    Maybe Cespedes should have given his team a pep talk during the game, I'm sure the Mets would have won

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/jason...cular-defense/

Fun little article for real baseball fans to check out.

https://gfycat.com/FlatUniformDeermouse

That looks like it hurts. Nice to see someone paid a lot and sacrifices their body for a play. In a 7-1 game. Cespedes won't risk injury in a 0-0 game.

Cespedes isn't a center fielder. He's a team guy who played out of position to try and help the team.

He won the gold glove that year too BTW in LEFT FIELD

Cespedes isn't a center fielder. He's a team guy who played out of position to try and help the team.

He won the gold glove that year too BTW
    Most CF's catch that ball off the bat easy. You're really okay with a guy looking at the wall and his teammate and losing the ball because he's afraid he'll get hurt?

Want to see the effort of a player who wants to win enough to sacrifice his body? I'll show you two.

Not surprisingly, the team with both of those courageous players won the World Series.

Strange to mention Schwarber. Who could forget his all time bad defense in the 2015 playoffs?

Most CF's catch that ball off the bat easy. You're really okay with a guy looking at the wall and his teammate and losing the ball because he's afraid he'll get hurt?

Want to see the effort of a player who wants to win enough to sacrifice his body? I'll show you two.

Not surprisingly, the team with both of those courageous players won the World Series.
    Most cfers? He's not one. He shouldn't have been there.

You say he's not a team guy though for some reason....why did he play out of position then?

Javy still won't admit Cespedes is better than Heyward. He's a sad homer.

guy has a cannon

guy has a cannon

Easy to one up that one. That's not Cespedes' best throw, but that throw comes no where close to the brilliance of this one.

Javey that throw was way high...plus it was bad baserunning. You don't try and stretch a single into a double down six in the 9th inning.

come on Javey. You claim to know baseball. Little leaguers know better.

Wheres the Puig gifs ?
    Now that kid does have a real GUN

Puig another talented guy, but also a clubhouse cancer like Cespedes. Cubs have been very motivated to trade Soler for years. Not sure you want a Cuban on your roster if you can avoid it.

Not sure you want a Cuban on your roster if you can avoid it.

Puig another talented guy, but also a clubhouse cancer like Cespedes. Cubs have been very motivated to trade Soler for years. Not sure you want a Cuban on your roster if you can avoid it.

Guessing you never wanted Chapman on your roster....hired gun helped you to your only World Series in your lifetime...
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

I would hope such foul bigotry has no place at the NEW Eye On Gaming forum.

John?

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
    Guessing you never wanted Chapman on your roster....hired gun helped you to your only World Series in your lifetime...
    I know reading is hard, "if you can avoid it"

Notice that the Cubs did not even tender a contract offer to Chapman for an extension. So yes, they wanted him for 2 months. They did not want him for 6 years.

What are you trying to say Javeybumcub2015kerrywoodwins9?

What are you trying to say Javeybumcub2015kerrywoodwins9?
    Bad culture in Cuba, usually been through a ton of shit in their lives, not exactly the best teammates. Most of them are me first guys due to their situation. Pretty simple for anyone with an IQ above 80.

Bad culture in Cuba, usually been through a ton of shit in their lives, not exactly the best teammates. Most of them are me first guys due to their situation. Pretty simple for anyone with an IQ above 80.

Pretty broad brush.

If Cespedes was a me first guy why wasn't he in his natural position left field in 2015 for the Mets.

Pretty broad brush.

If Cespedes was a me first guy why wasn't he in his natural position left field in 2015 for the Mets.
    If Cespedes isn't a me first guy, why did the Red Sox say he wouldn't practice outfield drills to learn the weird features of Fenway?

Why did the tigers try to resign him after they traded him to the Mets at the deadline?

Why did the tigers try to resign him after they traded him to the Mets at the deadline?
    Why are there leaks from the Mets' dugout that Cespedes is a terrible teammate, which media cites directly from within the Mets' dugout, leaks that David Wright had to address and defend?

Are you really this dumb? Do you think David Wright is going to say to the media, 'Oh, yeah, Cespedes sucks. We hate him.'

Use what limited intelligence you have and piece this together, little guy. The Cespedes is a bad teammate thing is not just coming from Boston, although, it should be pointed out that this came out of Boston while they were trying to trade him, so it's not like they'd tank the value of their own player intentionally for shits and giggles.

I wouldnt call Cespedes a cancer but his " I am so physically gifted that I dont need to give 100% effort" attitude is contagious to weaker minded young players

There is a reason Red Sox and Tigers got rid of him despite their love for power hitters

The Tigers acquired Michael Fulmer from the Mets at the deadline for Cespedes when they were out of playoff contention. Pretty smart BASEBALL DECISION. Then they tried to sign him back in the off season but he chose the Mets.

The Tigers wanted him back!

JFC

The Tigers acquired Michael Fulmer from the Mets at the deadline for Cespedes when they were out of playoff contention. Pretty smart BASEBALL DECISION. Then they tried to sign him back in the off season but he chose the Mets.

JFC
    How dumb are you? This is a sincere question.

Of course the Mets WANTED Cespedes back. Without Cespedes, you have the worst offense in major league baseball. So the options are:

1) Have the worst offense in major league baseball

or

2) Sign a cancerous player and have a subpar offense, but at least not one of the worst offenses in baseball

Of course the only smart choice is option 2, that doesn't mean that Cespedes isn't a fucking cancer.

And we are specifically talking about the Cubs when we talk about whether the Cubs or I, as a Cubs fan, would want Cespedes on my team. And the answer is a HELL FUCKING NO. The Cubs are extremely young and I don't want any of them learning bad habits from that cancerous punk. Also, we don't need him, and he will get hurt a lot over the next 4 years, I guarantee that.

How dumb are you? This is a sincere question.

Of course the Mets WANTED Cespedes back. Without Cespedes, you have the worst offense in major league baseball. So the options are:

1) Have the worst offense in major league baseball

or

2) Sign a cancerous player and have a subpar offense, but at least not one of the worst offenses in baseball

Of course the only smart choice is option 2, that doesn't mean that Cespedes isn't a fucking cancer.

Can you read? Try reading my post a couple times so it can sink in that little brain of yours.

I was talking about the Detroit Tigers.

a good baseball move by them.

Can you read? Try reading my post a couple times so it can sink in that little brain of yours.

I was talking about the Detroit Tigers.

a good baseball move by them.
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT, you are literally autistic.

I know you said the Detroit Tigers. I was giving you an example of circumstances of why a team would WANT to sign a player, even if they were a cancer, because their TEAM NEEDS dictate that their need is more relevant than the clubhouse cancer cost.

And I even used the Mets as an example so you might hope to relate.

And you still fell flat on your face.

I thank god every day that you are not the father of your children.

JFC
    Obviously they did not want him back enough being content with the Fulmer heist