Jason Heyward v. Yoenis Cespedes ROUND 2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Heyward v. Yoenis Cespedes ROUND 2

Default Re: Jason Heyward v. Yoenis Cespedes ROUND 2

Cubs were trying to develop a lot of young players around a decade ago, with leaders like Alfonso Soriano and Aramis Ramirez... clubhouse cancers that divided the clubhouse into racial groups and refused to allow the team to give rookie hazing to guys like Starlin Castro.

The result was bad for the Cubs. No prospects worked out, Starlin Castro wasted massive amounts of talent and never developed into anything.

Enjoy Cespedes as a leader. Don't be surprised when your young players all play like shit emulating him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
    Strange to mention Schwarber. Who could forget his all time bad defense in the 2015 playoffs?

Pretty much everyone, Ronaldo. You are referring to the 2015 playoffs....where Schwarber hit 5 home runs in 27 at bats? Had a slash line of .333/.419/.889/1.308. Definitely hadn't forgotten his offense.

Gotta be concerned about someone as retarded as Javy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    Pretty much everyone, Ronaldo. You are referring to the 2015 playoffs....where Schwarber hit 5 home runs in 27 at bats? Had a slash line of .333/.419/.889/1.308. Definitely hadn't forgotten his offense.
    I remember he had a few tough line drives he misplayed in the playoffs. But he was relatively new to the position at that point, and we were specifically talking about effort. Schwarber gives 100% every play. All you can ask. Cespedes can't even give 100% in the top of the first of the World Series.

Quote Originally Posted by BumgarnerWins View Post
    I remember he had a few tough line drives he misplayed in the playoffs. But he was relatively new to the position at that point, and we were specifically talking about effort. Schwarber gives 100% every play. All you can ask. Cespedes can't even give 100% in the top of the first of the World Series.
    Schwarber is never going to win a Gold Glove and we all know that. But when you hit 5 home runs in 27 at bats, you can put up with him being a butcher in the field.

Harvey was on the mound for all 3 of these embarrassing performances. I think we now know what actually killed Harvey... the fear of allowing any of your pitches to be hit anywhere near this piece of dog shit out in the field that won't give a single ounce of effort, even for $30,000,000 a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangover View Post
    Obviously they did not want him back enough being content with the Fulmer heist
    They did want him, but it's a business. He was about to become a free agent. They traded him and got a really good piece back.

My point being he was an asset to them. They CLEARLY wanted him back. That is why they tried to resign him the following offseason.

Base running? Defense? Effort? Who gives a fuck, the guy can jump so high!

You contrdict yourself all the time.

Scwarber is new to the position so he gets a pass for multiple errors but cespedes doesn't with his error in a new position.

Ok javey we get it.

Quote Originally Posted by bookbraker View Post
    You contrdict yourself all the time.

Scwarber is new to the position so he gets a pass for multiple errors but cespedes doesn't with his error in a new position.

Ok javey we get it.
    You know, I've posted about 5 or 6 different examples of Cespedes' bad attitude, effort, and general shitty baseball play, and you seem to have ignored all of them.

Whatever, ignorance is bliss. Enjoy your $30,000,000 per year piece of shit that won't give any effort on the bases or in the field and might be healthy for half of the year, if his golf schedule allows it.

Would any gm in baseball prefer Heyward and his contract over Yo's and his?

Let's keep in mind Heywards motivational speaking ability you rave about as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bookbraker View Post
    Would any gm in baseball prefer Heyward and his contract over Yo's and his?

Let's keep in mind Heywards motivational speaking ability you rave about as well.
    Yep. Theo. Hall of Fame GM.

Let's play a game... who has a better GM? Cubs or Mets?

Javy is a delusional guy. No sense arguing with an idiot

James loney is the slowest player in mlb LOL.

Try and focus on work javey. Gas the car up, put google maps on and get some work done. Aim for 5 star reviews.

Javy,BringSomeFoodOver.KungPaoChicken2nite.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-the...190734109.html

Jason Heyward may have been the only major negative for the Chicago Cubs in 2016. Though they coasted to a major-league best 103 wins and won the World Series in dramatic fashion, the Cubs’ $184 million man failed to put up strong numbers.
    Heyward hit just .230/.306/.325, with seven home runs, during the regular season. He was even worse in the postseason, hitting .100 in 16 games. Due to his struggles, Heyward was dropped to the bottom of the batting order. He hit eighth during Game 7 against the Cleveland Indians.
    With the offseason underway, Heyward is looking to get his swing back on track. The 27-year-old showed off some of the changes he’s been working on thus far, and it looks like Heyward could feature a much different stance next year.

Good Luck with the new swing Heyward. Javeywoodscubbaezscrub2015 is happy with you being the highest paid right fielder in all of baseball even if you have the worst numbers in the game. Great rain delay speech too!

LMFAO!

EOG Addicted

remember when javy compared heyward to clemente....

this javy knows all....

Cespedes and Heyward will be on same team at some point...

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    remember when javy compared heyward to clemente....

this javy knows all....
    Remember when this Javy guy said Javy Baez was an underrated MLB player?

Remember when this Javy guy said Jake Arrieta was one of the game's elite, back in a time period when no one thought he was even top 25?

Remember when this Javy guy said Kyle Hendricks was vastly underrated and better than most of the Mets' staff?

Remember when Javy said Jon Lester's problems to first were overblown and he was a great signing?

I get lucky a lot. I could go on and on with this. I say it here, and then a year later, people see my statements get proven accurate, yet oddly, they're all ridiculed at the time.

Cant wait to get rich fading the Cubs this season

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyG View Post
    Javy,BringSomeFoodOver.KungPaoChicken2nite.

really good read on Cespedes here.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/13/inside-...es-calls-home/

“He’s a very friendly human being,” said reliever Jerry Blevins, who has been Cespedes’ teammate first with the A’s and now with the Mets. “Easily approachable. Loyal as it comes. And that’s rare for a guy with his talent, to have a personality as friendly as that.
    “It would be easy for him to be an unapproachable guy. And I wouldn’t hold it against him if he were because there’s a lot of expectations on his shoulders. I’m glad I don’t have to harness and wear that kind of burden, but he carries it with pride. He’s a fun guy.”

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Cubs were trying to develop a lot of young players around a decade ago, with leaders like Alfonso Soriano and Aramis Ramirez... clubhouse cancers that divided the clubhouse into racial groups and refused to allow the team to give rookie hazing to guys like Starlin Castro.

The result was bad for the Cubs. No prospects worked out, Starlin Castro wasted massive amounts of talent and never developed into anything.

Enjoy Cespedes as a leader. Don't be surprised when your young players all play like shit emulating him.
    I've never heard Soriano or ARam called a cancer on the Cubs. You do have to treat Latin players different also because of the language and cultural barriers.

How many wins do the Cubs get this year Javy?
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Jason Heyward has completely revamped his swing:

http://deadspin.com/jason-heyward-re...tch-1792937777

Jason Heyward has completely revamped his swing:

http://deadspin.com/jason-heyward-re...tch-1792937777

gotta try something when you're that bad.

He hit 7 homers last year in 592 PA.

Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    I've never heard Soriano or ARam called a cancer on the Cubs. You do have to treat Latin players different also because of the language and cultural barriers.
    Must not have been reading what I was reading.

Aramis Ramirez would not let the team include Starlin Castro in rookie hazing in his rookie season.

Does that sound like a good environment? Latino players refusing to let other latino players be hazed as rookies like every other rookie?

Sounds like a cancerous environment to me.

Must not have been reading what I was reading.

Aramis Ramirez would not let the team include Starlin Castro in rookie hazing in his rookie season.

Does that sound like a good environment? Latino players refusing to let other latino players be hazed as rookies like every other rookie?

Sounds like a cancerous environment to me.
    About Soriano; who is well regarded with all his former teams, and was considered one of the better teammates and guys in all of baseball.

"Some people don't see that from the other side," Barney said. "They don't see the kind of teammate he is. He's one of the top two or three best teammates I've had at any level, just his attitude and the way he picks you up. He always gives you advice and is positive."

"Sori takes a lot of heat for a lot of things," said Saturday's starter Jeff Samardzija. "It is what it is, but there is not one guy in that locker room that has a bad thing to say about Sori. He is a great player and we love him when he is in the lineup, and we love him when he is in the locker room, and we look forward to playing with him every day."

“It’s impressive. But that is him. I am telling you he is a great teammate. He does the work, always has a smile, never says a bad word and you look at him and you can never tell if we won or we lost a game. The same guy every day,” said Gardner.

“Everybody knows how I feel about Sori,” Jeter said of Soriano, who was dealt to Texas in February of 2004 in the trade that brought Alex Rodriguez to the Yankees. “I’ve said it when we traded for Al, he’s someone that you develop a relationship with, and you miss them when they leave. We had a great relationship.”

"I was totally blown away by his personality," said Clayton, a 16-year veteran. "He's become one of my favorites, and I've played with quite a few good players, not only talent-wise but good people. It's not made public what type of guy he is, but he's a great teammate and has a good influence around the clubhouse."

While no one questioned his character, as he will always be a good teammate and an even better guy, his on the field play significantly dropped.

Well, I guess not no one because we found one right here at EOG.

tripp blows

Yeah, Soriano and his .500 OPS in the playoffs (over an extended amount of at bats) was sorely missed when the Cubs traded him for scraps.

And thank god he was so bad defensively, which he made even worse by jumping when he caught the ball. B/c he thought it looked cool.

Real team guy. But I would imagine the fans that liked butchers in the field like Jose Abreu or hot dogs like Cespedes would not have a problem with Alfonso Soriano's style of play.

Yeah, Soriano and his .500 OPS in the playoffs (over an extended amount of at bats) was sorely missed when the Cubs traded him for scraps.

And thank god he was so bad defensively, which he made even worse by jumping when he caught the ball. B/c he thought it looked cool.

Real team guy. But I would imagine the fans that liked butchers in the field like Jose Abreu or hot dogs like Cespedes would not have a problem with Alfonso Soriano's style of play.
    You called him a bad teammate and clubhouse cancer when he is widely regarded as one of the better guys and teammates in all of baseball and was raved about by many as such. You were wrong. It's ok.
    tripp blows

Quote Originally Posted by Timelytowin View Post
    You called him a bad teammate and clubhouse cancer when he is widely regarded as one of the better guys and teammates in all of baseball and was raved about by many as such. You were wrong. It's ok.
    Something can be bad for a team without some teammates knowing it's bad for a team.

For instance, what do you think Starlin Castro would say about Aramis Ramirez?

Would probably say he's a great guy, great teammate, etc.

However, not allowing Castro to be exposed to rookie hazing like everyone else creates a shitty environment, I'm sure you're smart enough to understand that.

Hopefully this very easily understood explanation of why you're 100% wrong gets through to you. Otherwise, I guess you'll continue being wrong. No big deal, but it seems avoidable.