Dear Sandy: Trade for Frazier

Thread: Dear Sandy: Trade for Frazier

Default Dear Sandy: Trade for Frazier

Todd Frazier needs to be acquired. Third base is a problem for the Metropolitans.

Default Re: Dear Sandy: Trade for Frazier

Jose reyes is on the team already

problem solved

Sure Reyes will likely be the starter in April. But for the season I'm not a supporter of Reyes at third. His bat is below average for third base production. Mets are in win-now mode. So trading for Frazier makes a lot of sense.

I like it..use Reyes as utility until he eventually breaks down. They need more pop thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangover View Post
    I like it..use Reyes as utility until he eventually breaks down. They need more pop thats for sure.
    Plus Reyes' defense leaves a lot to be desired at third.

EOG Dedicated

Reyes played really well last year. With a normal offseason he should be even better this year. His glove was fine as was his arm. They got good power out of short and second. I would be more concerned over catcher and first than with Reyes at third.

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Rick Hahn would love to take you up on that offer. Reinsdorf/Kenny Williams, no.

Quote Originally Posted by JHU Dad View Post
    Reyes played really well last year. With a normal offseason he should be even better this year. His glove was fine as was his arm. They got good power out of short and second. I would be more concerned over catcher and first than with Reyes at third.

agree.

Reyes gives them some speed and will bat leadoff which they need. (I know he's not as fast as he once was)

He still has a cannon for an arm.

They got plenty of power from SS and second base.

46 homers from Walker and Cabrera combined even with injuries.

He made six errors. Got lucky when the official scorer showed him mercy half-a-dozen other times. Can't teach an old dog new tricks. He would not hold up for the entire season anyway. Get the convo started Sandy.

watching the games I would hold my breath when wright would throw sidearm over to first. Never worried about Reyes's arm strength or accuracy.

David Wright had a heck of a career but it looks to be over. He had/has a broken back, neck, spinal stenosis now his throwing shoulder. His body is shot. Time to retire with the seriousness of his injuries.

Reyes is done. He is hurting the team. Either trade for Frazier or Longoria. But something has to change at third base for the Mets! As they can no longer keep trotting out an ugly, washed up Reyes!

Mets suck

always will

I remember debating the scholars on this forum whether 4 games meant the Cubs' dynasty was blocked for the next decade

Wonder who won those arguments.

todd frazier is far more washed up than reyes. longoria or sandoval makes more sense than that overpaid stiff from the white sox who are doing everything possible to unload him.

EOG Dedicated

mets had some horrible GM's in the last 15 years..........sandy is very good.....but won't be there long....owners not baseball people....