Does Purdue gag again?

Thread: Does Purdue gag again?

Default Does Purdue gag again?

One and done in 2015, one and done in 2016, one and done in the BTT, one and done vs Vermont?

If Painter can't beat Vermont with Haas and Swanigan towering over the little kids from Vermont, he should probably call it a career.

EOG Dedicated

Default Re: Does Purdue gag again?

Shhh, I've got the dog, don't jinx me
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

If the big10 can get 3 teams into the sweet 16, that would be a very good season for the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    If the big10 can get 3 teams into the sweet 16, that would be a very good season for the conference.
    Sure, but Northwestern, Michigan State, and Wisconsin were all thrown in the 8/9 game. Michigan in the 7 still has a 2 waiting.

The 8/9 spot is the worst place you can be to try and run to the Sweet 16 obviously. You biggest hurdle is seen in your 2nd game. I would guess the big 10 will get 1 sweet 16 team in, these seedings are not conducive for tournament success.

Purdue is a matchup nightmare for Iowa State, literally not a team they'd rather not face besides UNC, imo.

Love the Cyclones and their seniors but Young and Burton can't hold down that size all game. If ISU gets past Nevada look for Purdue to kill them on the offensive glass and free throw line and setup a matchup with KU.

Purdue is the little 10's only hope at a decent run this year though. Michigan is a big fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by BumgarnerWins View Post
    Sure, but Northwestern, Michigan State, and Wisconsin were all thrown in the 8/9 game. Michigan in the 7 still has a 2 waiting.

The 8/9 spot is the worst place you can be to try and run to the Sweet 16 obviously. You biggest hurdle is seen in your 2nd game. I would guess the big 10 will get 1 sweet 16 team in, these seedings are not conducive for tournament success.
    True, forgot about msu being a 8/9 seed. If there is a #1 seed most likely to go first, it's Gonzaga. I don't think NW has enough, but they make teams play ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by WeinketoWarrick View Post
    Purdue is a matchup nightmare for Iowa State, literally not a team they'd rather not face besides UNC, imo.

Love the Cyclones and their seniors but Young and Burton can't hold down that size all game. If ISU gets past Nevada look for Purdue to kill them on the offensive glass and free throw line and setup a matchup with KU.

Purdue is the little 10's only hope at a decent run this year though. Michigan is a big fraud.
    Not sold on Mich either but I hate betting against strong tourney coaches, Beiline is one of the best.

Big 10 has been very good for a while, they're allowed a down year.

When was the last time the ACC was good in the sport that matters for college athletics, football? Have they ever been good?

When was the last time the ACC was good in the sport that matters for college athletics, football? Have they ever been good?
    This could backfire.

Lol

Also, if the ACC is so good, you might want to tell FSU who is struggling with one of the worst teams in the dance as we speak.

Just stop, Javy

Just stop, Javy
    When was the ACC last good in football? Not in my lifetime.

When was the ACC last good in football? Not in my lifetime.
    Then you're as juvenile as you seem

Purdue should not lose to Iowa State.

That would be a big disappointment imo
    "Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie, but we gotta fight"
    -Slim Charles (also the new motto of pregame.com)

Baylor is better than Purdue with bigs. ISU lost by two won by 3 over Bears. Why can't they beat PUR?

www.gabewins.com Baseball Zealot's Avatar

Hmmm WeinketoWarrick likes purdue
    Heim likes isu...

#32257882 01/11/2017 08:12PM
    WINS 2017 NCAA MEN'S BK CHAMPIONSHIP - ALL IN TNT 03/16/2017 09:15AM [15009] IOWA STATE +20000

Quote Originally Posted by Heim View Post
    Baylor is better than Purdue with bigs. ISU lost by two won by 3 over Bears. Why can't they beat PUR?
    Disagree about bigs a little. Swanigan and Haas combined 51 PER while Motley and Acuil combined 48 PER.
    Not a huge difference obviously and Haas played less minutes.

Should be a good game, but I think Purdue should win.
    "Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie, but we gotta fight"
    -Slim Charles (also the new motto of pregame.com)

Teams that rely on interior play to dominate tend to struggle in the tournament, especially in the early rounds.

It's a guard league.

Brutal way to go for ISU, but not being able to get a defensive rebound on a missed free throw or Swanigan out of the lane in the last three minutes cost them the game.

Eventus stultorum magister NowshesmyRuca's Avatar

If you guys just pick up on the tidbits Javy leaves for us. You could all be crushing the tourney like I am!
    Clowns make me laugh! :+textinb3

If you guys would just look for these tidbits left by our boy Javy. You could killing the tourney like I am!

Big Ten doing very well for me for having a down year.

You're not very bright, are you?

IT LOOKS LIKE BOOKS ARE DOING OK WITH ALL THIS TALK ABOUT HOW BAD THE BIG10 IS.

Quote Originally Posted by waco View Post
    IT LOOKS LIKE BOOKS ARE DOING OK WITH ALL THIS TALK ABOUT HOW BAD THE BIG10 IS.
    Yeah some poeple just listen to ESPN. When you have guys like the poster above saying its a down year for the Big Ten and that they will only get 1 into the sweet 16 you could pretty much guarantee they would get at least 3 in.

Gotta be on the look out for shit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NowshesmyRuca View Post
    Yeah some poeple just listen to ESPN. When you have guys like the poster above saying its a down year for the Big Ten and that they will only get 1 into the sweet 16 you could pretty much guarantee they would get at least 3 in.

Gotta be on the look out for shit like this.
    You really are autistic aren't you? I actually am one of the few who said the big 10 is undervalued, except I said it before the tournament began.