Federal Agent: No Sex Scandal At Penn State, Just A "Political Hit Job - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Federal Agent: No Sex Scandal At Penn State, Just A "Political Hit Job

Default Re: Federal Agent: No Sex Scandal At Penn State, Just A "Political Hit Job

Kane, Sandusky was just living his true self. Aren't you a liberal?

Default Re: Federal Agent: No Sex Scandal At Penn State, Just A "Political Hit Job

Speaker Defends Sandusky, Discussing Malleability of Memory

By NICOLE POLLACK
    February 28, 2018

“There’s one thing I should make clear. There is absolutely no way, in the brief period of time I’m going to speak, that I’m going to convince you of anything in this very complex case.”
    Science writer Mark Pendergrast used these words to begin his Tuesday, Feb. 20 lecture “The Malleability of Memory and the Conviction of Jerry Sandusky.” Pendergrast, who has authored 14 books on topics ranging from caffeinated beverages to Japanese renewable energy policies, spoke in the Axinn Center about his latest book, “The Most Hated Man in America: Jerry Sandusky and the Rush to Judgment.”
    Pendergrast began his talk by summarizing the well-known case of Jerry Sandusky, the former Pennsylvania State University assistant football coach who is a convicted serial rapist and child molester. In 1977, Sandusky founded a charity called The Second Mile in State College, Pennsylvania, to provide help and support to atrisk youth. The program also gave Sandusky decades of unsupervised access to vulnerable boys. He was arrested on pedophilia-related charges in 2011 and found guilty in 2012. Yet despite the numerous witnesses who have recounted stories of his abuse, Sandusky insists that he was wrongly convicted.
    “I don’t think he’s guilty,” said Pendergrast. “I think he’s entirely innocent.”
    Pendergrast explained that much of the case against Sandusky depended on repressed memory therapy, a technique meant to retrieve traumatic experiences that children block from consciousness. Therapists helped Sandusky’s witnesses rebuild memories of abuse that they could not recall. “I’m assuming that everyone knows that repressed memories are pseudoscience,” said Pendergrast. “The idea that you would forget terrible things is not true.”
    Pendergrast said that when he first learned about the case, “I was appalled by it, and like everyone, I thought Jerry Sandusky must have done this.” Interviews with Sandusky and his children changed Pendergrast’s mind. Of Sandusky’s six children, five defend their father, describing him as “touchy-feely” but in a paternal way. Adopted son Matt Sandusky started out backing his siblings, but he changed his story after attending repressed memory therapy. He eventually released a statement saying that his father had sexually abused him.
    Pendergrast saw Sandusky’s lack of maltreatment toward his own children as an early indication that other witnesses’ stories might not add up. He said, “I would think that if [he were] a pedophile and [he] had four of these interviewed boys, that he would try to do something with them. They weren’t even related by blood. But he didn’t.”
    Accusations against Sandusky collected over the years, but former Penn State quarterback Mike McQueary ignited the controversy when he overheard slapping sounds in the locker room shower. It was Sandusky with a boy. Pendergrast emphasized that while McQueary initially spoke only of hearing sounds he interpreted as sexual, his story shifted after he, too, attended repressed memory therapy. There, he remembered seeing Sandusky’s hips moving behind a child’s. The boy in the shower, Allan Myers, later testified that he and Sandusky had been snapping towels and that he could recall nothing sexual about the incident.
    Pendergrast recognized that the circumstances of McQueary’s accusation were inherently suspicious. People would question a man in his mid-fifties showering, nude, with a child. Pendergrast responded by describing Sandusky as a “supportive goofball” who was oblivious to what others considered socially acceptable.
    Most of the witnesses who ended up testifying against Sandusky said that they had pushed away memories of his abuse until therapy allowed them to recognize what really happened. Pendergrast believes that the therapists implanted the witnesses with false memories. He quoted “Victim 7,” Dustin Struble, as saying, “I had everything blocked out.” Struble also said, “I was good at pushing memories of abuse away. [My therapist] explained a lot to me since this happened.”
    “I don’t believe he was abused,” said Pendergrast.
    Sandusky’s attorney was, as Pendergrast put it, “completely clueless about repressed memory.” He had no idea how to fight a string of victims who defended Sandusky until they went to therapy and remembered the abuse he had put them through. According to Pendergrast, trial mismanagement and blind trust in repressed memory doomed Sandusky, but because Pennsylvania’s judges are elected rather than appointed, he has little hope of being granted a retrial.
    Pendergrast did not expect his brief talk to change anyone’s mind. His stance on Sandusky is so unpopular that he could not find a publisher for his book, which can instead be purchased online in paperback and Kindle form. Pendergrast, who hopes that people will consider his perspective before forming their own conclusions, said, “I beg you to actually read the book.”
    When asked whether he believed repressed memory played a role in the #MeToo Movement, Pendergrast said that while repressed memory likely influences some cases, he does not think it is a significant factor. While he sees the #MeToo Movement as “shedding light on the way women have been treated,” he is concerned by events such as the firing of Garrison Keillor. “Where are the details?” Pendergrast said. “The man’s life has been ruined.”
    https://middleburycampus.com/37886/f...ity-of-memory/
    Capitalize on the boom in Fantasy Sports , and Play where the pros play
    http://www.fantasydraft.com/play/Rollofthedice

a must listen to broadcast if your following the case

https://soundcloud.com/freespeechbro...n-state-update

From JZ

I did a special podcast today to provide the full/amazing/soul-crushing story of how Newsweek planned to run an EPIC 16,000 word investigation on Monday (co-written by me) rewriting the history of the "Penn State Scandal," until they wimped out 2 days ago.

I wonder how Sandusky is liking all those adult dick sandwiches?

Bruce is persistent. I still think he is John Ziegler.

Quote Originally Posted by brucefan View Post
    a must listen to broadcast if your following the case

https://soundcloud.com/freespeechbro...n-state-update

From JZ

I did a special podcast today to provide the full/amazing/soul-crushing story of how Newsweek planned to run an EPIC 16,000 word investigation on Monday (co-written by me) rewriting the history of the "Penn State Scandal," until they wimped out 2 days ago.

Spoiler alert. 1000 of the words were continuous repeats of the phrase, "It's not even close!"

How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dell Dude View Post
    Yep, totally agree.

EOG Dedicated

John if you read this, could you please move this thread to the Asylum? Thanks.
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

Quote Originally Posted by Dell Dude View Post
    Lol. I have been posting in this forum since 2006

The funny part about this thread is I know many people are actually reading and listening to things I have posted , but as typical in this case , are afraid to show support
    Trust me, I get it

http://www.framingpaterno.com/exclus...ed-last-moment

EXCLUSIVE: The Bombshell Newsweek Cover Story, Blowing Up the HBO "Paterno" Movie, That Was Spiked At The Last Moment

Here are just some of the new pieces of evidence which are in this version:

• A new email showing that Joe Paterno’s widow, Sue Paterno, is now, against previous family policy, on record directly contradicting critical parts of the testimony of the only direct witness in the entire case, former Penn State assistant Mike McQueary, who allegedly saw Sandusky abusing a boy in a Penn State shower. Sue who was there that day, has emailed a person directly involved in the case that the ENTIRE fateful "meeting" between Mike and Joe only lasted "three minutes."

• The real story of the “boy in the shower,” whom the prosecution cynically pretended never existed because his words and actions blow apart McQueary’s credibility.
    • Strong evidence that the entire timeline provided by McQueary and the prosecution, radically altered once because they got it very wrong, is likely still drastically off, thus dramatically changing the entire narrative of what really happened.
    • Documents indicating that Louis Freeh’s own team did not believe that the highly influential conclusions of the “Freeh Report” were supported by legitimate evidence. As seen here, even one of his own employees wrote "NO EVIDENCE AT ALL!" over the very first paragraph of the Freeh Group's internal work product about the supposed "Penn State Football Culture" causing the "cover up."

• A new email demonstrating that the reporter who broke the story, Sara Ganim, who eventually won a Pulitzer Prize, was receiving, largely inaccurate, leaks from the attorney general’s office in order to directly impact the investigation.
    • Leaked settlement documents, which for the first time reveal which Sandusky accusers Penn State paid and how much, proving at least two of the key accusers at Sandusky’s trial told dramatically different stories for millions of dollars than they did under oath at trial.
    • The identities of the accusers from the 1970s, who reportedly claimed they informed Joe Paterno of their abuse, reveal their stories are not to be remotely believed and were not given real credibility even by Penn State officials willing to believe almost anything.
    • A new, secret, and extraordinary interview with, Ira Lubert (which can be heard at around the 43-minute mark of this podcast), the Penn State trustee in charge of the settlements which raises legitimate questions as to whether even he thinks that anyone in this mess is actually guilty and makes it clear even he thinks at least some of the accusers he paid are lying.
    • Interviews with numerous people very close to key accusers which create extreme doubt about the already suspect stories for which they were paid many millions of dollars.
    • The existence of five key accusers from the tiny town of Lock Haven, who accounted for $35 million in settlements, even though only one of them was a trial accuser.
    • The existence of a three-year “sting” operation, complete with extensive documentation, on the key lawyer and therapist in the case, resulting in a purposely fake accuser, with a laughably absurd story, being totally embraced during over 100 meetings, all paid for by Penn State.
    • Never-seen medical records showing that it likely would have been impossible for Sandusky to commit the acts which were claimed against him during the critical time period, as well as inconceivable that not even one of the thirty-six victims whom Penn State paid to have not mentioned a “distinguishing characteristic” of his genitalia.

http://www.framingpaterno.com/exclus...ed-last-moment

No one cares

at all.

There is a dead cat roadkill lying in the middle of my street that is more important than your story.
    How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

Amazing that piece of shit isn't dead yet.

EOG Dedicated

All you've posted about for years is Ped State.
    Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    Satan time is short

The funny part about this thread is I know many people are actually reading and listening to things I have posted , but as typical in this case , are afraid to show support
    Trust me, I get it
    might be time to move on

The HBO movie "Paterno" will premier this weekend. Al Pacino to play the role of JoePa.

How could so many lie ?

The story of the fake accuser

The vetting process at Penn State had so few safeguards that in 2014, XXXXX, a 31-year-old former Second Miler who was loyal to Sandusky and didn’t believe any of the alleged victims were telling the truth, purposely made up a ridiculous story--he’d allegedly been raped by Sandusky behind Joe Paterno’s house--and decided to see how far he could get with it.
    Here’s what happened next: XXXXX was taken in as a client by Andrew Shubin, the leading plaintiff’s lawyer in the Penn State sex abuse scandal who represented nine other alleged victims. Shubin radically altered XXXXX's original story to make it more compatible with a possible Penn State settlement. Then, Shubin referred XXXXXX to a therapist who sent him to a psychotherapist, who certified XXXXXX as having Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
    Finally, after more than three years of legal counsel and about 100 paid therapy sessions, XXXXX, in preparation of telling his story to Newsweek, tried to bring his "sting" to a close. At their final meeting, Shubin informed XXXX that he couldn’t pursue his claim because it was past the statute of limitations, which the state legislature repeatedly decided not to change. So the lawyer put XXXXX in touch, in writing, with the state attorney general’s office, where XXXXX could file a possible criminal complaint against Sandusky. Which, if successful, might have cleared the way for XXXXX to get paid in a civil claim. XXXXX was indeed contacted by a member of the Attorney General's office wanting to hear his story.
    But rather than go any further with the charade, XXXXX decided to out himself in Newsweek. He never intended to get paid, he said, he just wanted to prove a point. As XXXXX put it, “Hopefully, people will start to realize that this whole case stinks.”

It’s not even close.

HBO’s Paterno Movie Is a Fairytale Based on a Media-Created Myth

https://www.mediaite.com/columnists/...-created-myth/

The whole trial was a joke

Of course , . Virtually anyone paying attention knew about these accusations in November 2011

Penn State lawyer, prosecutor accused of ethical lapses in Sandusky investigation

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2018/03...hical_lap.html Disciplinary hearing opens for PSU's ex-top lawyer during Sandusky investigation

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/cri...s/201805220097

Prosecutor who pursued Penn State officials faces questions over his tactics

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br...-20180610.html

Fascinating "debate" between John and
    Josh Webb-Thomson

John of course, schooled him, and eventually flipped him

as he always does

https://soundcloud.com/freespeechbro...-webb-thompson

Staff Writer for @TheMarvelReport | Contributor @AthlonSports | Work feat. on ESPN, NBC, CBS, & more | email: TwistFightsOn@gmail.com

One day, that statue will be back up on campus where it belongs, Joe's reputation restored , and the HBO 'documentary " laughed at

And there is a special place in hell for pos like Freeh

According to the executive summary, "Louis Freeh and his team disregarded the preponderance of the evidence" in concluding there was a cover up at Penn State of Jerry Sandusky's crimes

"Louis Freeh and his team knowingly provided a false conclusion in stating that the alleged cover up was motivated by a desire to protect the football program and a false culture that overvalued football and athletics," the executive summary states.
    coordination between Freeh and the NCAA during the Penn State investigation was at best inappropriate and at worst "two parties working together to get a predetermined outcome."

SATURDAY, JUNE 30, 2018

Confidential Internal Review Shreds Louis Freeh Report

image: https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HmMS8EYzxC4/WzZVRcnrYnI/AAAAAAAAFgk/kiOhd43KwtsFR3tIYCD9YJnSx-UrVbYwgCK4BGAYYCw/s400/Screen%2BShot%2B2018-06-29%2Bat%2B11.49.45%2BAM.png
    By Ralph Cipriano
    for BigTrial.net

A confidential internal review of the Louis Freeh Report on the Penn State sex abuse scandal, conducted behind closed doors for two years by the university's own trustees, found factual mistakes, "deeply flawed" methodology, as well as an alleged conflict of interest on Freeh's part, along with faulty stated opinions that Freeh's own staffers disagreed with, in writing.

It was the Freeh Report that the NCAA relied upon in 2012 to impose draconian sanctions on Penn State, including a $60 million fine, a bowl game ban that lasted two years, the loss of 170 athletic scholarships and the elimination of 111 of Joe Paterno's wins, although the wins were subsequently restored.

On Friday, a group of 11 trustees called on the full 38-member board to release the full 200-page critique of the 267-page Freeh Report, formally renounce Freeh's findings, and try to recoup some of the $8.3 million that the university paid Freeh.

"I want to put the document in your hands so you can read it yourself, but I can't do that today," said Alice Pope, a trustee and St. John's University professor who helped conduct the internal review of the Freeh report. But the materials that Pope and six other trustees had to sue the university to obtain are still under seal according to a 2015 court order. And the university's lawyers have recently advised the 11 minority trustees that the report they worked on for two years remains privileged and confidential.

So yesterday, Pope called on the full board to release the 200-page report as early as their next meeting, on July 20th. But chances are slim and none that the board's chairman, Mark Dambly, and other majority board members will ever willingly open Pandora's box and reveal to the public the facts they've spent at least hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees to bury for the past six years. Facts will present further evidence of just how badly the trustees, Louie Freeh, and the attorney general botched the Penn State investigation.

The full board of trustees, Pope said yesterday, never voted to formally adopt the findings of the Freeh Report, which found that Penn State officials had covered up the sex crimes of Jerry Sandusky.

"Rather, the board adopted a don't act, don't look and don't tell policy" Pope said that amounted to a "tacit acceptance of the Freeh Report." A report that Pope said has resulted in "profound reputational harm to our university along with $300 million in costs so far."

In addition to the $60 million in fines, the university's board of trustees has -- while doing little or no investigating -- paid out a minimum of $118 million to 36 alleged victims of sex abuse, in addition to spending more than $80 million in legal fees, and $50 million to institute new reforms aimed at preventing future abuse.

That internal 200-page report and the materials it draws upon may still be privileged and confidential, But Big Trial has obtained a seven-page "Executive Summary of Findings" of that review dated Jan. 8, 2017, plus an attached 25-page synopsis from that same date that highlights the evidence discovered by the minority trustees in their review of those confidential documents still under court seal.

According to the executive summary, "Louis Freeh and his team disregarded the preponderance of the evidence" in concluding there was a cover up at Penn State of Jerry Sandusky's crimes.

"Louis Freeh and his team knowingly provided a false conclusion in stating that the alleged coverup was motivated by a desire to protect the football program and a false culture that overvalued football and athletics," the executive summary states.

According to the executive summary, the trustees faulted Freeh and his investigators for their "willingness . . . to be led by media narratives," as well as "an over reliance on unreliable sources," such as former Penn State Counsel Cynthia Baldwin. Freeh, the executive summary states, also relied on "deeply flawed" procedures for interviewing witnesses. The interviews conducted by Freeh's investigators weren't done under oath, or subpoenas, and weren't tape-recorded, the executive summary wrote, providing for "biased reporting of interviews data" and "inaccurate summaries" of witness testimony.

At yesterday's press conference, Pope said the 11 trustees wanted to know the degree of cooperation Freeh's team had with the NCAA and the state attorney general's office during their investigations. According to statecollege.com, State Senate Majority Leader Jake Corman has previously stated that the coordination between Freeh and the NCAA during the Penn State investigation was at best inappropriate and at worst "two parties working together to get a predetermined outcome."

In the executive summary, the trustees cited "interference in Louis Freeh's investigation by the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General, wherein information gathered in the criminal investigations of Penn State officials was improperly (and perhaps illegally) shared with Louis Freeh and his team."

This is a subject Big Trial will explore in a subsequent blog post. But earlier this year, I wrote to Louis Freeh, and asked if he and his team had authorization to access grand jury secrets. He declined comment.

Yesterday, Freeh issued a statement that ripped the minority trustees. "Since 2015 . . . these misguided alumni have been fighting a rear-guard action to turn the clock backs and to resist the positive changes which the PSU students and faculty have full embraced," Freeh wrote. He concluded that despite criticism of his report by the minority trustees, to date, they have produced "no report, no facts, news and no credible evidence" against his work.

But in the executive summary, the trustees blasted Freeh for having an alleged conflict of interest with the NCAA, and they cited some credible evidence to prove it.

"Louis Freeh's conflict of interest in pursuing future investigative assignments with the NCAA during his contracted period of working for Penn State," the executive summary states, "provided motivation for forming conclusions consistent with the NCAA's goals to enhance their own reputation by being tough on Penn State."

In a criminal manner, such as the Jerry Sandusky pedophilia investigation, the NCAA had no legal standing. But the NCAA justified its intervention in the case by finding that a lack of institutional control on Penn State's part opened the door to the Jerry Sandusky sex scandal.

In their synopsis of evidence, the trustees relied on internal Freeh Group emails that showed that while Freeh was finishing up his investigation of Penn State, he was angling for his group to become the "go to investigators" for the NCAA.

On July 7, 2012, a week before the release of the Freeh Report on Penn State, Omar McNeill, a senior investigator for Freeh, wrote to Freeh and a partner of Freeh's. "This has opened up an opportunity to have the dialogue with [NCAA President Mark] Emmert about possibly being the go to internal investigator for the NCAA," McNeill wrote. "It appears we have Emmert's attention now."

In response, Freeh wrote back, "Let's try to meet with him and make a deal -- a very good cost contract to be the NCAA's 'go to investigators' -- we can even craft a big discounted rate given the unique importance of such a client. Most likely he will agree to a meeting -- if he does not ask for one first."

A spokesman for Freeh could not immediately be reached for comment.

At yesterday's press conference, Pope also raised the issue of a separate but concurrent federal investigation conducted on the Penn State campus in 2012 by Special Agent John Snedden, made public last year, that reached the opposite conclusion that Freeh and the attorney general did, that there was no official cover up at Penn State.

Pope stated she wanted to know more about the discrepancies between the parallel investigations that reached such opposite conclusions.

Back in 2012, Snedden, a former NCIS special agent working as a special agent for the Federal Investigative Services [FIS], was assigned to determine whether Spanier deserved to have a high-level national security clearance renewed. During his investigation, Snedden placed Spanier under oath and questioned him for eight hours, as well as interviewed many other witnesses on the Penn State campus, including Cynthia Baldwin, who told him that Spanier was a "man of integrity."

About seven months after Baldwin told Spanier this, she flipped, and appeared in a secret grand jury proceeding to not only testify against Spanier, but also former Penn State Athletic Director Tim Curley, and former Penn State Vice President Gary Schultz.

Spanier, who previously represented Spanier, Curley and Schultz before the grand jury, testified before last month the disciplinary board of the state Supreme Court, which has accused her of violating the attorney-client privilege.

After his investigation, Special Agent Snedden concluded in a 110-page report that Spanier had done nothing wrong, and that there was no coverup at Penn State.

That's because, according to Snedden, Mike McQueary, the alleged whistleblower in the case, was an unreliable witness who told many different conflicting stories about an alleged incident in the Penn State showers where McQueary saw Jerry Sandusky with a naked 10-year-old boy. "Which story do you believe?" Snedden asked.

In his grand jury testimony, McQueary said his observations of Sandusky were based on one or two "glances" in the shower of an incident at least eight years earlier that each only lasted "one or two seconds." But in the hands of the attorney general's fiction writers, the incident became an anal rape conclusively witnessed by McQueary.

On March 1, 2002, according to the 2011 grand jury presentment, [McQueary] walked into the locker room in the Lasch Building at State College and heard “rhythmic, slapping sounds.” Glancing into a mirror, he “looked into the shower . . . [and] saw a naked boy, Victim No. 2, whose age he estimated to be 10 years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Jerry Sandusky.”

"The graduate assistant went to his office and called his father, reporting to him what he had seen. The graduate assistant and his father decided that the graduate assistant had to promptly report what he had seen to Coach Joe Paterno . . . The next morning, a Saturday, the graduate assistant telephoned Paterno and went to Paterno's home, where he reported what he had seen."

But the alleged victim never came forward, and, according to the prosecutors, was known "only to God." Days after the presentment, McQueary wrote in an email to the attorney general's office that they had "slightly twisted his words" and "I cannot say 1000 percent sure that it was sodomy. I did not see insertion."

On top of that, all the witnesses the grand jury presentment claimed that McQueary reported to them "what he had seen," plus another witness cited McQueary, a doctor who's a family friend, have all repeatedly denied McQueary told them that when hey testified in court.

"I've never had a rape case successfully prosecuted based only on sounds, and without credible victims and witnesses," Snedden told Big Trial last year. He also described the Freeh Report as "an embarrassment to law enforcement."

At the same time Snedden was investigating Penn State, former FBI Director Louis Freeh was writing his report on the scandal, a report commissioned by the university, at a cost of $8.3 million.

Freeh concluded there had been a cover up. His report also found a “striking lack of empathy for child abuse victims by the most senior leaders of the university,” which included Spanier, who had repeatedly been severely beaten by his father as a child. Freeh found that Spanier, Paterno, along with Schultz, the former Penn State vice president and Curley, the school’s ex-athletic director “repeatedly concealed critical facts relating to Sandusky’s child abuse from the authorities....”

But critics such as the minority trustees have noted that the ex-FBI director reached his conclusions without his investigators ever talking to Paterno, Schultz, Curley, McQueary or Sandusky. Freeh only talked to Spanier briefly, at the end of his investigation. And confidential records viewed by the trustees show that Freeh’s own people disagreed with his conclusions.

According to those records, Freeh's own staff reviewed a May 21, 2012 draft of the Freeh Report, which was subsequently turned over to Penn State officials. The lead paragraph of the draft said, “At the time of the alleged sexual assaults by Jerry Sandusky, there was a culture and environment in the Penn State Athletic Department that led staff members to fail to identify or act on observed inappropriate conduct by Sandusky.”

The draft report talked about an environment of fear that affected even a janitor who supposedly saw Sandusky assaulting a boy in the showers in 2000: “There existed an environment within the athletic department that led an employee to determine that the perceived threat of losing his job outweighed the necessity of reporting the violent crime of a child.”

Over that paragraph in the draft report, a handwritten note said, “NO EVIDENCE AT ALL!” Freeh, however, in his final version, included that charge about the janitor who allegedly saw Sandusky assault another boy in the showers but was so fearful he didn’t report it.

But when the state police interviewed that janitor, Jim Calhoun, he stated three times that it wasn’t Sandusky he had seen sexually abusing a boy. (The state police didn’t ask Calhoun who was the alleged assailant.) At Sandusky’s trial, however, the jury convicted the ex-coach of that crime, in part because his defense lawyer never told the jury about the janitor’s interview with the state police.

In a written statement, Freeh confirmed that the person who wrote “NO EVIDENCE AT ALL!” was one of his guys.

"Throughout the review at the Pennsylvania State University, members of the Freeh team were encouraged to speak freely and to challenge any factual assertions that they believed are not supported," Freeh wrote on Jan. 10, 2018.

"Indeed the factual assertions of the report were tested and vetted over a period of many months and, as new evidence was uncovered, some of the factual assertions and conclusions evolved," he wrote. "Our staff debated, refined and reformed our views even in the final hours before the report's release."

In another handwritten note on the draft of the report, somebody wrote that there was "no evidence" to support Freeh's contention that a flawed football culture was to blame for the Sandusky sex scandal.

"Freeh knew the evidence did not support this," the executive summary says. But in his final report, Freeh wrote about "A culture of reverence for the football program that is ingrained at all levels of the campus community."

While Freeh concluded there was a coverup at Penn State, his investigators weren’t so sure, according to records cited by the trustees in their executive summary. On March 7, 2012, in a conference call, Kathleen McChesney, a former FBI agent who was one of Freeh’s senior investigators, noted that they had found “no smoking gun to indicate [a] cover-up.”

In a written statement to this reporter, Freeh claimed that shortly after McChesney made that observation, his investigators found “the critical ‘smoking gun’ evidence” in a 2001 “email trove among Schultz, Curley and Spanier.”

In that email chain, conducted over Penn State’s own computer system, the administrators discussed confronting Sandusky about his habit of showering with children at Penn State facilities, and telling him to stop, rather than report him to officials at The Second Mile, as well as the state Department of Public Welfare.

In the email chain, Curley described the strategy as a “more humane approach” that included an offer to provide Sandusky with counseling. Spanier agreed, but wrote, “The only downside for us if the message isn’t ‘heard’ and acted upon [by Sandusky] and we then become vulnerable for not having reported it.”

Curley subsequently told Sandusky to stop bringing children into Penn State facilities, and informed officials at The Second Mile about the 2001 shower incident. But Penn State didn’t inform the state Department of Public Welfare about Sandusky, which Freeh claimed was the smoking gun.

By definition, however, a cover-up needs a crime to hide. And Penn State’s administrators have repeatedly testified that when McQueary told them about the 2001 shower incident, he described it as horseplay. The Freeh investigation, critics say, never adequately resolved that contradiction. In their executive report, the trustees refer to the allegations of a cover up as "unfounded."

Freeh, however, maintained that in the six years since he issued his report, its findings have been validated in court.

"The Freeh team's investigative interviews and fact-finding were not biased and no outcome was ever predetermined," Freeh wrote. "Their only mandate, to which they adhered, was to follow the evidenced wherever it led. The final report I issued is a reflection of this mandate."

"The accuracy and sustainability of the report is further evidenced by the criminal convictions of Spanier, Schultz, Curley," Freeh wrote. Other developments that verified the conclusions of his report, Freeh wrote, include "voluntary dismissals by the Paterno Family of their suit against the NCAA, Spanier's dismissal of his defamation suit against Freeh, the jury and court findings in the McQueary defamation and whistleblower cases, and the U.S. Department of Education's five-year investigation resulting in a record fine against Penn State."

POSTED BY RALPH CIPRIANO AT 10:23 AM

Read more at
    http://www.bigtrial.net/2018/06/inte...YlbMxe35B15.99

Spanier, another victim of the hit job . Certainly makes perfect sense that a former victim of abuse himself would be the first person who would coordinate a cover-up of an accused former Penn State coach . Seems sensible to me, how about you????

WEDNESDAY, JULY 11, 2018

Spanier Seeks Recusal Of Judge For Undisclosed Conflict

image: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-F-OiVsBIc...22.39%2BPM.png

By Ralph Cipriano
    for BigTrial.net
    http://www.bigtrial.net/2018/07/span...judge-for.html

Read more at http://www.bigtrial.net/2018/07/span...aRQTidJ1rwD.99