Goon's NHL Playoffs - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Goon's NHL Playoffs

Default Re: Goon's NHL Playoffs

Crosby and Sheary both skated today in full contact jerseys.

I should also add that it is great they both skated today but tomorrow will be more telling if they play or not. Concussion symptoms could show up after getting in a full practice.

Looks like Steen out for the Blues tonight. Steen is tied for the scoring lead on the Blues. They already don't have enough scoring as it is, And Crosbys talking like he's playing tomorrow night to me. But that's not his decision at this point.
    Donald Trump is probably one of the most honest people in america right now - mr merlin 06-08-17

Quote Originally Posted by Bushay View Post
    Looks like Steen out for the Blues tonight. Steen is tied for the scoring lead on the Blues. They already don't have enough scoring as it is, And Crosbys talking like he's playing tomorrow night to me. But that's not his decision at this point.
    Steen would be a tough loss

And yes at the end of the day its the docs call and how he feels after todays workout tomorrow. Regardless it is encouraging

TYVM Morgan William!!! winkyduck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Zwiffel View Post
    Capitals could be the play in Game 5. Gutty effort by the Penguins in the last game. Hard for them to maintain it again, agree?
    I am taking a shot in G5 of

Caps PL +80
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

Well...was it enough tonight? Never know. They need to steal this next one in Smashville.
    Donald Trump is probably one of the most honest people in america right now - mr merlin 06-08-17

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by winkyduck View Post
    I am taking a shot in G5 of

Caps PL +80
    i did the same thing, even though Im on the Penguins for the series. Might be Washington's one shot at saving face.

Wow... ducks... I won`t complain about a bad beat ever again!
    If you ain't shopping you ain't trying

TYVM Morgan William!!! winkyduck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenGoon View Post
    Wow... ducks... I won`t complain about a bad beat ever again!
    UNREAL GAME Oilers CHOKED! No other way to put it. UP 3-2, late, all they had to do as knock the puck forward about 10 feet to clear the zone and win 3-2. UNREAL
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

And yet the Ducks dominated all but the 1st overtime period.

Lundy is about to blow a fuse, I would look for some live OVER in the sens game....

Sunday: Blues Team Total under 2.5 -150 1 unit

Sunday: Blues Team Total under 2.5 -150 1 unit
    Documented winner.

Look for the Pens to take care of business and el

Look for the Pens to send the Caps packing tonight. Packing as in get out the golf clubs. I don't understand the line, it's WRONG! Pens should have been favoured last game, and they let them off the hook. Won't happen tonight.

Pens ML -109 is a gift. That's all I'm playing tonight, but I expect Pens PL -1.5 +264 to win, as will Pens regulation time +152. Pens to be leading after the 1st period +189 is also appetizing. IMO, this line is way off. Line couldn't have gone down since yesterday because of Trevor Dayley. Would be shocked if Pens lost. I expect Flower to bounce back in a big way.

Also like Pens team total over 2.5 goals -130. Good teams always bounce back, and Pittsburgh is good enough that they should represent the East.

BEANTOWNJIM IS A STIFF AND A FRAUD

Daley being out hurts. I'm also still wondering if there are going to be delayed effects from the concussions suffered by Crosby and Sheary.
    Quote Originally Posted by GameBred View Post
    Where you guys get the balls to treat LBJ in such a dismissive manner is bothersome to me. I'm no fanboy, I just respect greatness, in a sundry of fields, not just sports. If you don't at least show him respect, I'm not going to show you respect; same rules apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodrow Wilson View Post
    Rail last night on eog radio: "Darvish and Tanaka are the two best pitchers in baseball."

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Daley being out hurts. I'm also still wondering if there are going to be delayed effects from the concussions suffered by Crosby and Sheary.
    Hell yes. I only watched maybe half of the last game but I definitely noticed Crosby being a bit less aggressive than normal. I'll be watching more closely tonight. I would bet he realized that as well and will adjust in that he's smart enough to realize if he's not an aggressive Crosby, he may as well just sit till he's over that. It's only natural he's apprehensive the first few times out at least.

Love the PENS tonight got them -120 to end this thing

Pens just trash tonight. 6 shots on goal almost done 2 periods. I know they've been outshot the entire series but this is sad
    I Heart The Purple....

Tough game to watch after 2 periods, but game isn't over yet. Bet the game really hard and run the risk of looking foolish. That's the reality of gambling. Didn't expect this from Pens tonight, and didn't expect this from Caps tonight. Expect the after the game experts to come out and put on their best Don Cherry impersonation. Game isn't over yet. Cherry has always said the worst lead in hockey is a 2 goal lead. Hope he's right tonight, but Pens need to battle harder. They arent fighting enough for pucks.

Game over.

Game 7 at the Verizon Center on Wednesday.
    Where you guys get the balls to treat LBJ in such a dismissive manner is bothersome to me. I'm no fanboy, I just respect greatness, in a sundry of fields, not just sports. If you don't at least show him respect, I'm not going to show you respect; same rules apply.
    Rail last night on eog radio: "Darvish and Tanaka are the two best pitchers in baseball."

The past 51 series that have went to game 7 (that sportsdatabase shows since the 2006 season) the home team is 26-25 su in game 7.

Not sure how one prices this game 7. I'll guess around Washington -148 (lol)
    "Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie, but we gotta fight"
    -Slim Charles (also the new motto of pregame.com)

EOG Addicted

Total domination by the Caps.

EOG Addicted

How do the Pens recover for game 7?

Caps were a market best +215 to win series going into tonight's game. They were +100 in game 6, factor in the juice and you're looking at Caps -160 going into game 7.

Knuckles

Caps were a market best +215 to win series going into tonight's game. They were +100 in game 6, factor in the juice and you're looking at Caps -160 going into game 7.
    Good stuff, thanks.

To look at more tiny samples (lol) teams down 3-1 that force a game 7 are 9-10 su in game 7.

Home teams are 4-3
    "Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie, but we gotta fight"

Knuckles. I thought you were from Canada.

Didn't you guy invent ice or something???

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    Good stuff, thanks.

To look at more tiny samples (lol) teams down 3-1 that force a game 7 are 9-10 su in game 7.

Home teams are 4-3
    I think you can throw a lot of that out the window with the Crosby injury. Pens were completely dominating this series till the Crosby concussion.

#CHANGED EVERYTHING

I think you can throw a lot of that out the window with the Crosby injury. Pens were completely dominating this series till the Crosby concussion.

#CHANGED EVERYTHING
    Very true. Guy is a game changer

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    The past 51 series that have went to game 7 (that sportsdatabase shows since the 2006 season) the home team is 26-25 su in game 7.

Not sure how one prices this game 7. I'll guess around Washington -148 (lol)

-148 too low

Capitals were more than that in previous home games

#CHANGED EVERYTHING
    I thought Letang and Murray being out would be enough for the Capitals to beat the Penguins, but evidently they needed Crosby/Sheary to be seriously compromised as well.

Sheary, who had a pretty good season, has been MIA this series. 5 shots, one assist, and a -3 rating.

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    I thought Letang and Murray being out would be enough for the Capitals to beat the Penguins, but evidently they needed Crosby/Sheary to be seriously compromised as well.

Sheary, who had a pretty good season, has been MIA this series. 5 shots, one assist, and a -3 rating.
    They are just devastated with injuries again. you might be able to get away with some of that if you are the reigning champs during the reg season, but you get this far and you have to have your best running on all cylinders to advance. Only the strong survive. That said....and highly unlikely, but just wouldn't surprise me if Crosby was able to reach back and rally the infirmary one last time. Then again, even if they pull it out, the battle doesn't get any easier, especially if it's the Ranger's who advance. Haven't they had the Pens number for quite some time now. If its Ottawa, now you have half of Canada pulling for this group and just maybe it's their time again. Crap, the more I type the more I'm convincing myself the Caps are definitely the right side here. And isn't this 2 crappy games in a row out of Fleury? These guys are up against it. The Daley injury may have been the tipping point. Lots of guys just playing flat footed out there tonight. And that was at home no less in a series-clinching situation. And here we are again seeing what Malkin is all about. He got only 18 minutes tonight and was on the ice for one [1] shot on goal while he was out there the entire game. Never been a fan of his and this does nothing but extends his legacy. You could argue Kessel did less, but he's not considered elite like Malkin is and is at least somewhat expected to rise to the occasion in a spot like this. Kessel's a role player so to speak and needs others to make him better. Another high-profile Russian not showing the heart to be included when they mention the best in the game and could possibly have a hard time getting into the HOF when that phone rings down the road.

Now if Pens win on Wed I take all this back. Just sayin.

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves here. As good as Crosby is, the Pens have not lost this series yet and Washington has not won it either. Pens need 2 more wins and have 2 more games at home. This series I feel is far from over. Let's see what the Pens look like fielding a team without Crosby and then without Crosby on their home ice. Let's not forget the Pens are stacked with players who already know what it takes to win a cup. And that's an intangible that's coveted.
    In fairness, we also haven't seen the Caps with their backs against the wall either. They got down 2-1 to the Leafs and responded with 3 straight wins to close them out including 2 in Toronto and I don't care what anyone says, that Leafs team was gamey and were in every single game. Pens averaged over 4 goals a game vs Bobrovsky who's up for the MVP of the league award. And this is not the first time Fleury has put together a run like this when they needed him. This is just the type of situation the Pens were thinking about by not moving him at the deadline. Still plenty of firepower in that Pens lineup with Kessel and Malkin, especially with a man advantage.
    I don't think it's all THAT amazing. To me anyways. This is still a quality team with good people up top. Maybe over time is another story, but Crosby's presence is still in that locker room with them every night. They are still a team built very much like the Blackhawks. Few high salary guys at the top who lead and groom the younger guys. The main difference is the Pens role players are speedier than all get out. And speed kills in the NHL. Still takes 4 to wrap up a series though.

That was all emotion on their home ice. Let's see what game 5 is all about.

Hell of a 180!