Goon's NHL Playoffs - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Goon's NHL Playoffs

Default Re: Goon's NHL Playoffs

5 minutes into this 2nd period and I seriously have not heard Crosbys name mentioned once.

Un fuckin real.

Can't believe Nashville just came back like that.
    "Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie, but we gotta fight"
    -Slim Charles (also the new motto of pregame.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    Un fuckin real.

Can't believe Nashville just came back like that.
    Like what

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/recor...s-leaders.html

Fleury is one win behind Lundqvist for 13th all time in playoff wins. That's pretty good.

Rangers and Penguins are a pretty likely matchup next round, too.

Pittsburgh needs Crosby and Sheary back, and the return of Matt Murray would be nice, too.
    Fleury now 13th all time in playoff wins, after passing Lundqvist.

However, Matt Murray will start Game 4 for Pittsburgh. Once Murray got healthy, one bad game from Fleury was all it took.
    this space intentionally left blank.

Fleury now 13th all time in playoff wins, after passing Lundqvist.

However, Matt Murray will start Game 4 for Pittsburgh. Once Murray got healthy, one bad game from Fleury was all it took.
    Could be the real shot in the arm the Pens need to wake up. Otherwise, they could very well be toast as the Sens clearly "wanting" this thing more at this stage. Just too many injuries to overcome. Fleury played his role well when Murray went down. But Murray and Crosby won them the cup last year. He can steal games all by himself when he's on. Sens have to be concerned with this move.

That said, both series could be 2-2 after tonight with both public underdogs clearly outplaying their opponent and home ice advantage back with the favorites. Funny how you can lose an edge like the Preds did in OT last game. Having what it takes to get that 4th win will really come into play here now as only the strong survive. Now things are starting to get good.

EOG Dedicated

Anaheim tried to give that game away last night.

Up 2-0 with 10 to play, they took 4 penalties, including two which gave Nashville 5 on 3 for over a minute and a half.

They killed that off, but Nashville tied it anyway after a missed call by the refs allowed the goal to happen.

Anaheim tried to give that game away last night.

Up 2-0 with 10 to play, they took 4 penalties, including two which gave Nashville 5 on 3 for over a minute and a half.

They killed that off, but Nashville tied it anyway after a missed call by the refs allowed the goal to happen.
    Yes..Absolutely. And this is why I don't put a ton of weight into the more popular advanced stats. Game came down to the nitty gritty and the Ducks buckled when the pressure was on. Then capitalized on their 2nd chance and must be commended for that....but the Preds showed they could virtually score at will in crunch time. Preds should be up 3-1 with another home game left to close this out. Now they must do it the hard way. Either way, the best team will survive. And if I'm the Preds I'm feeling pretty good right now even after blowing that opportunity.

Pens got the same type of opportunity tonight and going forward. Oilers blew out the Ducks in game 6 of their series only to win the game of stronger wills overall and advance.

I think Crosby knows how important this one is tonight and that last blowout means nothing. Unless he's REALLY feeling the effects of that last concussion, we get a Crosbyeske game out of him tonight. It's just one loss in the record books. Pens will regroup. And they have a prime opportunity tonight with Murray back in the net to recharge their situation. The injuries are colossal though.

EOG Dedicated

injury update:

still no word from Anaheim if Eaves plans on returning this postseason.

Burrows GTD for Ottawa.

Schultz, Rust, and Hornqvist out for Pittsburgh.

injury update:

still no word from Anaheim if Eaves plans on returning this postseason.

Burrows GTD for Ottawa.

Schultz, Rust, and Hornqvist out for Pittsburgh.
    I cancelled my renew of Rotowire and should have extended it another month. But they told me they will be offering an NHL season subscription once the new season gets close.

TYVM Morgan William!!! winkyduck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bushay View Post
    Yes..Absolutely. And this is why I don't put a ton of weight into the more popular advanced stats. Game came down to the nitty gritty and the Ducks buckled when the pressure was on. Then capitalized on their 2nd chance and must be commended for that....but the Preds showed they could virtually score at will in crunch time. Preds should be up 3-1 with another home game left to close this out. Now they must do it the hard way. Either way, the best team will survive. And if I'm the Preds I'm feeling pretty good right now even after blowing that opportunity.
    Agree but Oilers should have beaten the Ducks - but did not.

I feel pretty confident Preds win G6

So now the question is: Can they win G5 OR G7 in Anaheim. Preds won the game in Anaheim they should have lost and lost the game they should have won

Even though Preds DO NOT have HIA they are still sliiiiiiiiiiiiight faves to win the series

Hope they do
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

EOG Dedicated

https://www.nhl.com/news/ryan-johans...fs/c-289524428

Nashville Predators center Ryan Johansen will miss the remainder of the Stanley Cup Playoffs because of an injury to his left thigh.

The Predators said Johansen needed emergency surgery for the injury, which he sustained during a 3-2 overtime loss to the Anaheim Ducks in Game 4 of the Western Conference Final on Thursday.

https://www.nhl.com/news/ryan-johans...fs/c-289524428

Nashville Predators center Ryan Johansen will miss the remainder of the Stanley Cup Playoffs because of an injury to his left thigh.

The Predators said Johansen needed emergency surgery for the injury, which he sustained during a 3-2 overtime loss to the Anaheim Ducks in Game 4 of the Western Conference Final on Thursday.
    Whoa...That's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by winkyduck View Post
    Agree but Oilers should have beaten the Ducks - but did not.

I feel pretty confident Preds win G6

So now the question is: Can they win G5 OR G7 in Anaheim. Preds won the game in Anaheim they should have lost and lost the game they should have won

Even though Preds DO NOT have HIA they are still sliiiiiiiiiiiiight faves to win the series

Hope they do
    Winky. How can you possibly be confident the Preds win game 6 without knowing the outcome yet of game 5?

Does not matter who wins game 5 the circumstances completely change for game 6. This is just crazy talk.

In fact, I think Dink jumped on you for saying something similar last week. You have a bit of a wild imagination, my friend.

Which way we leaning tonight goon?

EOG Dedicated

UPDATE: Rakell will miss Saturday's Game 5 with a lower-body injury.

ANALYSIS: This is a bit of a surprise, as Rakell was expected to play until this announcement was made close to the start of the game. The Ducks will definitely miss Rakell, who scored 31 goals this season, and who had a three-game point streak going.

---------------

Actually, it was a huge surprise, like when Edmonton scratched Klefbom last minute when there was no indication of any injury in their first round series against the Ducks.

EOG Dedicated

Gibson injured after facing only 10 shots.

Bernier had to come in and Nashville immediately started trying to injure him, hitting him and getting away with it on multiple occasions.

This is a war of attrition right now, Ducks really have to have this game while Preds are playing rope-a-dope without their top two centers. I have no idea who's gonna win this game but it's fun to watch. It seems to me like western final is faster and way more vicious than the east, I think the western winner has the edge over the east, it just depends if they are going to be healthy enough to battle for another 7 game series.
    If you ain't shopping you ain't trying

Could be the real shot in the arm the Pens need to wake up. Otherwise, they could very well be toast as the Sens clearly "wanting" this thing more at this stage. Just too many injuries to overcome. Fleury played his role well when Murray went down. But Murray and Crosby won them the cup last year. He can steal games all by himself when he's on. Sens have to be concerned with this move.

That said, both series could be 2-2 after tonight with both public underdogs clearly outplaying their opponent and home ice advantage back with the favorites. Funny how you can lose an edge like the Preds did in OT last game. Having what it takes to get that 4th win will really come into play here now as only the strong survive. Now things are starting to get good.
    Murray comes in and wins the important game 4 in Ottawa and now pitching a shutout in game 5 with 12 to go in the 3rd as i type this. Huge turn of events and another shout out to Rutherford for choosing to not trade Fleury at the deadline and bulk up on depth on defense for a long playoff run.

Game 6: Preds -140 over Ducks 1 unit to close this out. Matchups key in Nashville, I think the Preds forecheck will be effective, Bernier not as good controlling those dump ins behind he net. Preds showed in game 5 they have the depth. Rinne hasn't stolen a game this series yet, probably does it tonight.

Monday 5-22-2017 a big one NOW can Preds. get the win and then play for Lord stanely CUP

Is it the Bernier 'Leafs Version' in there tonight?

lol at this clip

https://twitter.com/BarSouthNCelly/s...05483128307713

Ducks are fuckin battling
    "Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie, but we gotta fight"

Ducks tie it up but Perry hit Rinne while he was outside the crease so it should be a good goal.

Don't overturn this shiz. Suban lifted his stick obviously to trip him.

Kessler should of had two goals. He is just not playing that well.

Goon. Feeling any different about the Erat for Forsberg trade now?

LMAO... How long have you been sitting on that one? I'm gonna need him to win the cup this year before I change my mind if you know what I mean.

lol at Bieska.

Not sure if Kesler or Bieska are ever going to win one, not sure if anyone from that Canucks team a few years back will ever win one.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenGoon View Post
    LMAO... How long have you been sitting on that one? I'm gonna need him to win the cup this year before I change my mind if you know what I mean.
    Dude. I never forget. I have a storage locker section up there for old comments. Was waiting on Silverberg to pop a big one or he would have been before Forsberg.

Pens advance tomorrow we're both sitting on future tickets for our teams. May the best man win!

Winky. How can you possibly be confident the Preds win game 6 without knowing the outcome yet of game 5?

Does not matter who wins game 5 the circumstances completely change for game 6. This is just crazy talk

In fact, I think Dink jumped on you for saying something similar last week. You have a bit of a wild imagination, my friend.
    ...........as I said BEFORE G5............I felt confident Preds would win G6. And................????????

I am different. I will admit that. But the reason is (No apologies for what I am about to say) I am smarter than at least 97% of all people in the World and while that gets me in trouble at times mostly it is a good thing
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

Quote Originally Posted by winkyduck View Post
    ...........as I said BEFORE G5............I felt confident Preds would win G6. And................????????

I am different. I will admit that. But the reason is (No apologies for what I am about to say) I am smarter than at least 97% of all people in the World and while that gets me in trouble at times mostly it is a good thing
    You know what? I understand you. As hard is that to fathom. You need to feel that way to operate your life in your own quirky way. I just don't ever want any of that rubbing off on me.

That said, I'm still calling you out when you make asinine statements. You're just too easy sometimes.

not a pro team or floor hockey team in the world
    that could have overcome that bernier goaltending display, my goodness...

You know what? I understand you. As hard is that to fathom. You need to feel that way to operate your life in your own quirky way. I just don't ever want any of that rubbing off on me.

That said, I'm still calling you out when you make asinine statements. You're just too easy sometimes.
    Good. Please do.

EOG Dedicated

injury update: Borowiecki, Burrows, Schultz, Hornqvist, Ruhwedel, and Kuhnhackl out