Johnny Oduya is a F'n stiff - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Johnny Oduya is a F'n stiff

Default Re: Johnny Oduya is a F'n stiff

Quote Originally Posted by Bushay View Post
    My Secord memory is...I was sitting in my seats at the Joe and Secord threw a pass across the ice to the boards in from of me. Denny Savard tipped the pass and it skipped up and in my seats just missing me going so fast if it hit me it would have shattered every tooth in my mouth. But it missed me and hit a kid next to me but one row in front of me right in the head and the amount of blood that came from this kids head was enough to make you sick. I later learned he was ok, but was something I'll never forget.
    I rarely get to sit down in the Bushay seats...scary stuff.

I did get to sit on the glass for a Bruins vs. Hawks game in 85. Friend in college knew Pulford family. That was my only time in the high rent district.

Being in attendance at a hockey game is surreal.

I don't like the location though in Chicago. Black people and others come up to you before and after the game at the United Center trying to pull some shit.

Sometimes I wish eliminating people was legal. I try to go in big crowds.

You have no idea how fast the game is until you sit on the glass

I didnt like 1st.balcony, club circle or mezzanine
    It was 2nd balcony or boxes
    2nd balcony...climbing the stairs...pissing in the sinks ...fights in the seats almost every game...good times but no cups

What an awful call on the second Predator goal. Clearly interfering with Crawford. Even the announcers couldn't believe the goal was allowed to stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    What an awful call on the second Predator goal. Clearly interfering with Crawford. Even the announcers couldn't believe the goal was allowed to stand.
    It is not interference if goalie is outside the crease and the guy is trying to make a play on the path of the puck.

That Fiala kid can fly, felt bad for him for all the chances, he got his redemption with the GWG.

Hawks had this one in the bag but they decided to sit back instead of put pressure on the Preds defense in the 3rd and that cost them as the Preds fw's came in with speed on the tired legs of the Hawks D late in the 3rd and in OT. That preds forecheck is scary good.
    If you ain't shopping you ain't trying

BEANTOWNJIM IS A STIFF AND A FRAUD

Team game

I favor stl over nashville

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by IWishIWasAPro View Post
    Being in attendance at a hockey game is surreal.

I don't like the location though in Chicago. Black people and others come up to you before and after the game at the United Center trying to pull some shit.

Sometimes I wish eliminating people was legal. I try to go in big crowds.
    Is it just me, or does Wish seem like the type who will end up on the news one day like that Stevens guy
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

Yes...Crawford clearly outside the paint which nullified any contact infraction
    Donald Trump is probably one of the most honest people in america right now - mr merlin 06-08-17

The correct call was made in allowing the preds 2nd goal. Crow was outside the crease.

If you want to talk about bad, game changing calls, just look at the Bruins overtime penalty that was called.

Did I hear right? the last time an Eastern Conference Season Champ made it to the cup was the Rangers when they won in 94?

4 games 4 Ots yesterday, unreal, just playing in game comebacks yesterday would have made you a mint

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Team game

I favor stl over nashville
    As long as their goalie is playing well. It should be a good under series.

Bushay - I went to JLA for a Hawks - Wings matinee in 82-83 I believe. Walked up and got 10th row corner, great seats. It was when the Wings were at their worst.

Quote Originally Posted by richsox24 View Post
    The correct call was made in allowing the preds 2nd goal. Crow was outside the crease.

If you want to talk about bad, game changing calls, just look at the Bruins overtime penalty that was called.
    Sucker punch in the face... yes, the ref missed the elbow on the way in, but it's often the retaliation that gets called. They let a lot go in that game but they always call the obvious ones like that. Even Nash said he can't put the referee in the situation to call that penalty.
    http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/b...d_fateful_foul

The worst call of the night was allowing that Anaheim 3rd goal to stand when it was clear from every angle they showed that it was a high stick.
    If you ain't shopping you ain't trying

Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    Bushay - I went to JLA for a Hawks - Wings matinee in 82-83 I believe. Walked up and got 10th row corner, great seats. It was when the Wings were at their worst.
    Just after the Darkness with Harkness era.

I'll tell anyone, until you've sat in the lower bowl of a hockey game, you really will never experience what it's like to enjoy a game that close. It's like night and day. My seats were pretty low and from a viewing vantage point there were better. There's about 18-19 rows in the lower bowl. anything above about 6-7 is great. I was in row 4 for 20+ years. You're damn near looking at the player eye to eye that low. Halfway up you can see more. All my friends would kill to go to a game with me, my seats were that good. Right on the blue line next to the penalty box. When Probert and Kocur were in their heyday. I sat thru a lot of losing seasons which made the Cup years even sweeter. I once had a broker offer me Clubhouse box finish line seats in Louisville to the Derby in exchange for one game against Gretzky and the Oiler's in their heyday. I turned her down. I already had Clubhouse seats to the derby.
    Donald Trump is probably one of the most honest people in america right now - mr merlin 06-08-17

Just after the Darkness with Harkness era.

I'll tell anyone, until you've sat in the lower bowl of a hockey game, you really will never experience what it's like to enjoy a game that close. It's like night and day. My seats were pretty low and from a viewing vantage point there were better. There's about 18-19 rows in the lower bowl. anything above about 6-7 is great. I was in row 4 for 20+ years. You're damn near looking at the player eye to eye that low. Halfway up you can see more. All my friends would kill to go to a game with me, my seats were that good. Right on the blue line next to the penalty box. When Probert and Kocur were in their heyday. I sat thru a lot of losing seasons which made the Cup years even sweeter. I once had a broker offer me Clubhouse box finish line seats in Louisville to the Derby in exchange for one game against Gretzky and the Oiler's in their heyday. I turned her down. I already had Clubhouse seats to the derby.
    Seeing Gretzky in his prime was special. He was one stride faster than everyone. I did get to see him in the playoffs where the Hawks fans started cheering the anthem (1985).

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenGoon View Post
    Sucker punch in the face... yes, the ref missed the elbow on the way in, but it's often the retaliation that gets called. They let a lot go in that game but they always call the obvious ones like that. Even Nash said he can't put the referee in the situation to call that penalty.

The worst call of the night was allowing that Anaheim 3rd goal to stand when it was clear from every angle they showed that it was a high stick.
    I didn't understand that one either. Looked clear as day to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenGoon View Post

In overtime though, you need to call both or neither. You can't decide a playoff game that way.

Yes the ducks goal was ridiculous as well. What's the point of replay?

I don't know how they determine if it was intentional? Guy is always going to be going to try to screen the goalie in that situation. Looked deliberate (intentional) to me the way the guy blocked Crawford's stick.

Here is the rule:
    Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgement of the Referee(s), but may be subject to a Coach’s Challenge (see Rule 78)

That P.K. Subban play on Toews was a cheap shot and ref was looking right at it, and then let Toews retaliate with a slash....dirty play.

You Chicago guys are coming across as a lot of crying after all those years of success.

You Chicago guys are coming across as a lot of crying after all those years of success.
    Tough to see it come to an end, get spoiled with those Cups.

I saw a game at Joe Louis too, honest to God the only thing I remember is we didn't have to walk outside to get in the stadium. It was freezing and I had way too much to drink.

Saw a game in STL too with college buddies. The only thing I remember about that game is getting showered with beer from Blues fans when the Hawks scored and won the game. I didn't think we were going to make it back to the car alive.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownJoe View Post
    Tough to see it come to an end, get spoiled with those Cups.

I saw a game at Joe Louis too, honest to God the only thing I remember is we didn't have to walk outside to get in the stadium. It was freezing and I had way too much to drink.

Saw a game in STL too with college buddies. The only thing I remember about that game is getting showered with beer from Blues fans when the Hawks scored and won the game. I didn't think we were going to make it back to the car alive.
    Ha ha. I went to a game at the United center many years ago myself and under my leather jacket I had on the reddest red wing shirt I could find. We were in the 2nd from last row from the top and those Hawk fans were not in a good mood though I think the game ended in a tie back then.

Theres only 2 entrances in and out of the Joe. One empties onto the people mover tram or to the parking structure. The other when the door opens your looking right into the Detroit river and the winds coming of that bad boy in December or January can be wicked. Then a 100 yard walk to the Cobo hall center where many park. Sounds like you might have took that route.

Johnny Oduya might be a healthy scratch in Game 4 on Thursday.

That's based on Wednesday's practice where Michal Kempny was paired with Brent Seabrook instead of Oduya. Given that Chicago is trailing Nashville 3-0 in the series, it wouldn't be surprising to see the Blackhawks make some changes. Oduya has no points and a minus-three rating in three playoff contests this year. He's been averaging 21:01 minutes per game.
    Related: Michal Kempny

Source: Mark Lazerus on Twitter
    Apr 19 - 5:49 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ey-player-news
    Quote Originally Posted by GameBred View Post
    Where you guys get the balls to treat LBJ in such a dismissive manner is bothersome to me. I'm no fanboy, I just respect greatness, in a sundry of fields, not just sports. If you don't at least show him respect, I'm not going to show you respect; same rules apply.

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Johnny Oduya might be a healthy scratch in Game 4 on Thursday.

That's based on Wednesday's practice where Michal Kempny was paired with Brent Seabrook instead of Oduya. Given that Chicago is trailing Nashville 3-0 in the series, it wouldn't be surprising to see the Blackhawks make some changes. Oduya has no points and a minus-three rating in three playoff contests this year. He's been averaging 21:01 minutes per game.
    Related: Michal Kempny

Source: Mark Lazerus on Twitter
    Apr 19 - 5:49 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ey-player-news
    Let's hope so !!!

It's not like they really got embarrassed though. 1-0 in game 1 and 3-2 in game 3 doesn't constitute anything to be ashamed of.

For the most part game 2 was close until late. 1st goal by Nashville in game 2 was a joke but that's what happens in hockey.
    Most pathetic showing I can recall from a #1 seed.

Not only swept, but completely embarrassed.

As for Oduya, he played over 14 minutes in the series finale.
    Quote Originally Posted by GameBred View Post
    Where you guys get the balls to treat LBJ in such a dismissive manner is bothersome to me. I'm no fanboy, I just respect greatness, in a sundry of fields, not just sports. If you don't at least show him respect, I'm not going to show you respect; same rules apply.

face deep in a Baconator Miley Cyrus's Avatar

Hockey season ended yesterday. It's time for the North Siders to shine now.

At least you got there.....my Flyers have been MIA for years.....
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

If I was a Washington Capitals fan, I would stick my head in a toilet filled with my own shit.
    Amazing