Get your tee times for Friday.

Default Re: Johnny Oduya is a F'n stiff

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

He's been awful in the playoffs.

this series is over and the dogs are biting

Crawford played great, bad bounce off glass on first goal for Preds. Hawks D looks slow and they don't have a lot guys who want to muck it up and hit people. Toews looks like a shell of his former self.

Yep Hawks are toast. Two 1st round losses in a row, bunch of changes coming next yr.

Blowing a two goal lead in the third period of a critical game three? Yes, those hawks are headed to the morgue.

Have not watched a single Hawk playoff game yet but did watch the condensed highlights from last night's game. Rinne seems to be a major difference but the Hawks also don't look as deep. Not sure about the big changes coming as they do that every summer. When you're stuck with top heavy long term contracts like they have, that's a normal process shuffling the underlings to fit under the cap as experience alone raises a guys contract if he stays. Without watching and being able to dissect the problem from the eyeball test, my first guess is Keith's legs are giving way as he's the motor that propels that ship and how it turns and navigates.
    Donald Trump is probably one of the most honest people in america right now - mr merlin 06-08-17

Donald Trump is probably one of the most honest people in america right now - mr merlin 06-08-17

There are a lot of miles on those skates on the Chicago D. The veterans have that defeatist look on their face. I figured this to be a 6-7 game series, don't look like it now. Crawford played great last night but is getting no help.

Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    There are a lot of miles on those skates on the Chicago D. The veterans have that defeatist look on their face. I figured this to be a 6-7 game series, don't look like it now. Crawford played great last night but is getting no help.
    FW, you took the words out of my mouth. Kane and Toews may both be only 28, but Toews is in his 10th season and Kane his 9th. Many of those seasons were 100 games, physical nature of the sport and the fact they already have 3 Stanley Cups leads me to believe the level of hunger isn't what it was a few years ago. The MLB equivalent is the San Francisco Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    FW, you took the words out of my mouth. Kane and Toews may both be only 28, but Toews is in his 10th season and Kane his 9th. Many of those seasons were 100 games, physical nature of the sport and the fact they already have 3 Stanley Cups leads me to believe the level of hunger isn't what it was a few years ago. The MLB equivalent is the San Francisco Giants.
    Rinne hasn't done anything spectacular in the last 2 games. Pretty easy stopping unscreened 20-30 ft shots and no one close by to jam it in. Meanwhile they are skating right around the Chicago D.

There will be some interesting decisions this summer in Chicago. They need desperately to get younger at D, not sure of their cap situation (it's probably not good).

BEANTOWNJIM IS A STIFF AND A FRAUD

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    If you want to look at it that way you could apply the toews/Kane logic to Crosby/Malkin

But penguins are beating a better team than Nashville and with inferior defensemen

No letang really hurts

Chicago's issues apply to Pittsburgh

Cap issues from paying Crosby/Malkin/letang/fleury etc

Core won multiple cups

Core is 29-30 but with a lot of miles thanks to 3 or more deep playoff runs plus olympics

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    If you want to look at it that way you could apply the toews/Kane logic to Crosby/Malkin

But penguins are beating a better team than Nashville and with inferior defensemen

No letang really hurts

Chicago's issues apply to Pittsburgh

Cap issues from paying Crosby/Malkin/letang/fleury etc

Core won multiple cups

Core is 29-30 but with a lot of miles thanks to 3 or more deep playoff runs plus olympics
    Columbus was a better regular season team than Nashville, but had no real playoff experience.

Yeah well Washington Chicago and Minnesota have playoff experience

Washington may advance but other two are dead

I value current season over experience when you consider there's a lot of changes to the rosters

Columbus>nashville

Yeah well Washington Chicago and Minnesota have playoff experience

Washington may advance but other two are dead

I value current season over experience when you consider there's a lot of changes to the rosters

Columbus>nashville
    Usually the core doesn't change much though and Columbus never really had one. Nashville has been bounced a few times by Chicago so there is a little added desire to beat them. Bottom line is still, Wash and Pitt had dream matchups.

I'm rooting for Edmonton and Toronto to advance with almost no experience

Four matchups like that

Anaheim Calgary
    Washington Toronto
    Edmonton San Jose
    Pittsburgh Columbus

Big achievement if Canada can get more than 1 team into the second round considering how poorly run Canadian franchises are

I'm rooting for Edmonton and Toronto to advance with almost no experience
    Me too. Toronto has one big advantage though over Wash - coaching.

talking about Chi, Minn, and Columbus, none of those three were playing well at the end of the season.

Anyway I'd certainly rather face Toronto than Columbus

Columbus was a much better team this year

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyG View Post

Mike Glennon is going to take us to the promised land or more likely he might up our win total from 3 to 4 this yr

EOG Dedicated

Look for the Hawks to insert Big Stu Grimson into the line up for game 4.

Quote Originally Posted by fifty cint View Post
    Look for the Hawks to insert Big Stu Grimson into the line up for game 4.
    Fifty cint, don't need any Air Marshall's on Al Secord flights. Those were good times in the Old Chicago Stadium in the 80's, maybe he can lace em up.

EOG Dedicated

Great video...Glad to see Secord is doing good post hockey.

My old time memory of Hawks playoffs were against Edmonton.Place was going nuts and Ben Wilson put a beating on Cementhead Semenko.Old time

It's not like they really got embarrassed though. 1-0 in game 1 and 3-2 in game 3 doesn't constitute anything to be ashamed of.

For the most part game 2 was close until late. 1st goal by Nashville in game 2 was a joke but that's what happens in hockey.

Yes they did get embarrassed

They have not scored at home this series

"this is our year" "this is the year we finally get it done"

Ovechkin is god. Washington Capitals are due.

Yeah.

Shut up.

If I was a Capitals fan, I would be more embarrassed.

If I was a Washington Capitals fan, I would stick my head in a toilet filled with my own shit.

and you know what, I wouldn't be shocked if Nashville went on to win it all this year.

I preached them for a couple years now and always loved their goalie and defense.

Capitals can still come back

2-1 series and a clear favorite in every game so they're still favored to win the series

As for Chicago I went to their espn page and this was the first video clip

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18805082

Nashville tanked their seeding

Had they not sat several key players against Winnipeg they'd be looking at home ice against the blues

Quote Originally Posted by fifty cint View Post
    Great video...Glad to see Secord is doing good post hockey.

My old time memory of Hawks playoffs were against Edmonton.Place was going nuts and Ben Wilson put a beating on Cementhead Semenko.Old time
    I was in the 3rd balcony standing room only for those games playoff games. Sometimes we'd be lucky to get some seats in the 3rd balcony for around $20. Use to get our brains beat in by Edmonton in W. Conf finals.

No venue ever been in as loud as old Chicago Stadium for a Hawks playoff game. I hate going to games at the United Center, it isn't 1/10th as loud as the old place.

My Secord memory is...I was sitting in my seats at the Joe and Secord threw a pass across the ice to the boards in from of me. Denny Savard tipped the pass and it skipped up and in my seats just missing me going so fast if it hit me it would have shattered every tooth in my mouth. But it missed me and hit a kid next to me but one row in front of me right in the head and the amount of blood that came from this kids head was enough to make you sick. I later learned he was ok, but was something I'll never forget.

Capitals can still come back

2-1 series and a clear favorite in every game so they're still favored to win the series

As for Chicago I went to their espn page and this was the first video clip

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18805082

They should replay and loop that clip a few times on Melrose's segment after GM 4 on Thurs night.

People can preach Allen all they want but I'm backing Pekka. Pekka isn't losing a 7 game series to Jake Allen this year.