Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 36 to 70 of 95

Thread: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

  1. #36

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by ttaylor89 View Post
    May of just caught a huge break with Rondo breaking his thumb.
    Definitely. Now the line is Celtics -2.

  2. #37

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    I still think they should pull it out if Grant can play somewhat decent defense on Thomas. Doubt they hit that 100+ mark

  3. #38

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by ttaylor89 View Post
    I still think they should pull it out if Grant can play somewhat decent defense on Thomas. Doubt they hit that 100+ mark
    Will Boston even bother to defend Grant? I see more help defense on the others and let Grant take any open shots he wants. It's either under or pass, IMO.

  4. #39
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Dec 17, 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    7,305

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    The game opened Chi -1.5, it's now Bos -2.5, Rondo worth 4 points? Seems like an over adjustment to me
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

  5. #40

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Going back and thru pickem, it's a little trickier. If the Bulls were originally favored by 6, where it wouldn't be going thru zero, the line probably only moves 2 points.

    Rondo has his flaws, but he was clearly energized for this particular series and the Bulls were feeding off it. I saw the total drop a point, but I still couldn't touch the over. If Thomas' minutes are cut at all, that benefits the under on both ends of the floor.

  6. #41

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    The game opened Chi -1.5, it's now Bos -2.5, Rondo worth 4 points? Seems like an over adjustment to me
    Tough to say.

    Grant was a -14 in 6 minutes in game 2....Was +11 in 21 minutes in GM 1

  7. #42
    Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 24, 2008
    Location
    Bridgman, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    12,432

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by ttaylor89 View Post
    Tough to say.

    Grant was a -14 in 6 minutes in game 2....Was +11 in 21 minutes in GM 1
    Have to think there will be a lot of Michael Carter-Williams also.

    People were pounding Boston yesterday in a must-win. Books will really need the Bulls.

  8. #43

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    The game opened Chi -1.5, it's now Bos -2.5, Rondo worth 4 points? Seems like an over adjustment to me
    Yeah that isn't really 4 pts Kane. The 0 is non existent and the 1's are basically worth about half of any other point being the games land 1 about half as often as any other individual number. So in reality it is approx. a 2 pt move and I'm not even sure how much of the move was because of Rondo and how much of the move was because Bos back is against the wall down 0-2. Gun to head, Rondo is worth between 1-1.5 pts.

  9. #44

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    Have to think there will be a lot of Michael Carter-Williams also.

    People were pounding Boston yesterday in a must-win. Books will really need the Bulls.

    You'd think having 6'6 MCW in there he would just be able to abuse Thomas.

  10. #45
    Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 24, 2008
    Location
    Bridgman, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    12,432

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by ttaylor89 View Post
    You'd think having 6'6 MCW in there he would just be able to abuse Thomas.
    I can't figure him out, one would think so.

  11. #46
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Nov 26, 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    22,288

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by IWishIWasAPro View Post
    If you don't think so, you might as well off yourself.

    This is embarrassing.

    Maybe the NBA as a whole is just flat out embarrassing, I don't know.

    Thug life.

    Sweep.

    Rondo style.
    this space intentionally left blank.

  12. #47
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Dec 17, 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    7,305

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    Going back and thru pickem, it's a little trickier. If the Bulls were originally favored by 6, where it wouldn't be going thru zero, the line probably only moves 2 points.

    Rondo has his flaws, but he was clearly energized for this particular series and the Bulls were feeding off it. I saw the total drop a point, but I still couldn't touch the over. If Thomas' minutes are cut at all, that benefits the under on both ends of the floor.
    Good point, I wasn't thinking about that, just the 4 point adjustment
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

  13. #48
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Dec 17, 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    7,305

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by raycabino View Post
    Yeah that isn't really 4 pts Kane. The 0 is non existent and the 1's are basically worth about half of any other point being the games land 1 about half as often as any other individual number. So in reality it is approx. a 2 pt move and I'm not even sure how much of the move was because of Rondo and how much of the move was because Bos back is against the wall down 0-2. Gun to head, Rondo is worth between 1-1.5 pts.
    Good post Ray, thanks
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

  14. #49

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Fuck it, took the bulls anyways. Gonna need old man wade to repeat last game and go 20+

  15. #50

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Sucks for Rondo. Chicago was playing very well.

    It will be interesting how things turn now, if they do?

  16. #51
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Nov 26, 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    22,288

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by IWishIWasAPro View Post
    If you don't think so, you might as well off yourself.

    This is embarrassing.

    Maybe the NBA as a whole is just flat out embarrassing, I don't know.

    Thug life.

    Sweep.

    Rondo style.
    this space intentionally left blank.

  17. #52

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Lmao, he could be the forum mush. I like the kid for some reason though.

  18. #53

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    rondo worth 10 pts,

  19. #54

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    MCW turned into quite the bust

  20. #55

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    rondo worth 10 pts,
    Fucking Railbird. Maybe 20.

  21. #56

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    I still believe that Boston wins the series.....
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

  22. #57

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
    I still believe that Boston wins the series.....
    Well why wouldn't you, market has them at 62ish% to win he series.

  23. #58

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by raycabino View Post
    Well why wouldn't you, market has them at 62ish% to win he series.
    Everyone here has buried them....
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

  24. #59

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Watched a little Bulls pregame...naybe this is already common knowledge...one of the talking heads said when Rondo is on the court he is calling out the plays Boston is going to run

  25. #60

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Butler plays all 48. Wade somehow manages to not be completely useless. Rondo sits on the bench and rests and hopefully plays Friday. Cannan drops 20 and 5 3's. Portis double double.


    Lots of wishful thinking.

  26. #61
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Nov 26, 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    22,288

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by IWishIWasAPro View Post
    If you don't think so, you might as well off yourself.

    This is embarrassing.

    Maybe the NBA as a whole is just flat out embarrassing, I don't know.

    Thug life.

    Sweep.

    Rondo style.
    Quote Originally Posted by IWishIWasAPro View Post
    If I was a Washington Capitals fan, I would stick my head in a toilet filled with my own shit.
    this space intentionally left blank.

  27. #62

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    impressive 9-40 from 3 and Celtics still win by 11

    Wade fantastic stat line...

    https://twitter.com/StephNoh/status/857406262518185985

    And there was another one where he actually boxed out, but then didn't take a step for a rebound when the game was close still in the beginning of 4th qtr

  28. #63
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Nov 26, 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    22,288

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by IWishIWasAPro View Post
    If you don't think so, you might as well off yourself.

    This is embarrassing.

    Maybe the NBA as a whole is just flat out embarrassing, I don't know.

    Thug life.

    Sweep.

    Rondo style.
    Quote Originally Posted by IWishIWasAPro View Post
    When is the last time a #1 seed got swept in the NBA playoffs??


    LOL

    THUG LIFE

    ...
    this space intentionally left blank.

  29. #64
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Dec 17, 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    7,305

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    ISAIAH. FUCKING. THOMAS.
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

  30. #65
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Nov 26, 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    22,288

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Will the Celtics get by the Wizards?
    this space intentionally left blank.

  31. #66
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Dec 17, 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    7,305

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Will the Celtics get by the Wizards?
    So far the Wiz look like the better team even though they trail, this series has 7 games written all over it. A potential game 7 in Boston could be the difference, but gun to my head right now I would say Wash advances
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

  32. #67

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Will the Celtics get by the Wizards?
    Odds are pointing towards yes!
    "Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie, but we gotta fight"
    -Slim Charles (also the new motto of pregame.com)

  33. #68

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Boston Celtics in the history of the franchise has started 34 playoff series 2-0

    Record in those series are 34-0, Wizards series pending for 35-0

  34. #69

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    Hell of a 1st half coaching performance from Stevens, coached the Celtics to the cover. Put Thomas in when most coaches would have let him sit the rest of the half. Ran great sets. Beautiful to watch.
    "Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie, but we gotta fight"
    -Slim Charles (also the new motto of pregame.com)

  35. #70
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Dec 17, 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    7,305

    Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

    KELLY. FUCKING. OLYNYK.
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •