Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

EOG Dedicated

Default Re: Boston Celtics are the worst #1 seed of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    Hell of a 1st half coaching performance from Stevens, coached the Celtics to the cover. Put Thomas in when most coaches would have let him sit the rest of the half. Ran great sets. Beautiful to watch.
    Stevens is easily a top 5 coach in the league
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

BEANTOWNJIM IS A STIFF AND A FRAUD

Getting steamrolled by the Cavs but making the conference finals is pretty good for the worst #1 seed of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by BEANTOWNJIM View Post
    MY FATHER WAS IN WORLD WAR 11 IN THE NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by BEANTOWNJIM View Post
    I WILL PERSONALLY PAY ANYBODY THAT CAN LISTEN TO YISMAN FOR THE HOUR AND NOT FALL ASLEEP 500 DOLLARS

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Speaks volumes about your product when more teams would rather have a high pick in the lottery than play for the number one seed.

Quote Originally Posted by IWishIWasAPro View Post
    If you don't think so, you might as well off yourself.

This is embarrassing.

Maybe the NBA as a whole is just flat out embarrassing, I don't know.

Thug life.

Sweep.

Rondo style.
    Ok Pro, you have my vote...

I've never seen so many "playoff" teams decide to just mail it in when a little adversity hits as I have this year. It's making the product absolutely unwatchable.

Adam Silver has to be beside himself. He knows this does not portend well for future TV ratings.

Ugh....

Quote Originally Posted by ejd_5277 View Post
    Ok Pro, you have my vote...

I've never seen so many "playoff" teams decide to just mail it in when a little adversity hits as I have this year. It's making the product absolutely unwatchable.

Adam Silver has to be beside himself. He knows this does not portend well for future TV ratings.

Ugh....
    The only kicker though is that It makes for an insane Finals.

EOG Dedicated

this is a travesty tonight,a disgrace to the NBA

I've just come to grips with the fact we're not working with the brightest bunch when it comes to the NBA so I'm not wasting my money trying to figure this joke of league out. The shit that Harden pulled (arguably one of the best guys in the NBA) and the shit that Isaiah Thomas (arguably one of the best PG's in the league) and Boston pulled tonight will forever live long in my memory.

There was a point where Boston completely lost their cool and acted like a bunch of punks but still continued to yap after giving warning after warning by the refs. It just really saddens me because I will never even entertain the thought of getting into any intellectual debate regarding the NBA ever on here or in life. So you can take your Warriors and Cavs series and shove it up your ass. Go flip coins. It's fine by me.

That Brad Stevens guy...great coach tho lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hangover View Post
    That Brad Stevens guy...great coach tho lol
    For his own sake I hope he goes back to the college game.

This makes 3 teams now that have just straight-up quit: Houston game 6 vs SA, SA vs Golden State the other night, and tonight.

Am I missing any examples?

You expect this kind of shit in the last month or so of the regular season. This is the conference finals for God's sake.

For his own sake I hope he goes back to the college game.
    He should have never left Butler...he had it made there overachieving with 4 year starters. At least people still think he is an elite NBA coach for some reason....despite the results

You expect this kind of shit in the last month or so of the regular season. This is the conference finals for God's sake.
    you just don't get it. the players do not care about winning a championship. somehow the fans actually believe that they care more about that than their contracts. winning a ring means absolutely nothing to 95% of them. avoiding to have to be in a ridiculous parade is better than being in one. they all want to go home as early as possible. season too long.

EOG Dedicated

He should have never left Butler...he had it made there overachieving with 4 year starters. At least people still think he is an elite NBA coach for some reason....despite the results

Despite the results? Stevens took over in 2013, it was Boston's first season after trading Pierce and Garnett, and the Celtics were in obvious rebuilding mode and they finished that season 25-57 and missed the playoffs. The following season in 2014, the Celtics improved to 40-42 made the playoffs losing in the first round. In 2015 they improved again with a record of 48-34, again making the playoffs and losing in the first round. And this past season yet more improvement as the Celtics went 53-29, finished with the best record in the Eastern Conference, and lost in the Eastern Conference finals (let's assume). Hangover are you seeing a pattern here? So, every year Stevens has been the head coach the Celtics win total has gone up, from 25 wins his rookie year up to 53 in his fourth season. That's great progress if you ask me, going from one of the worst teams in the East to one of the best in a four year span. Look at how many teams are in constant rebuild mode, year after year. It took Stevens and the Celtics four years to go from bad to good, that's impressive. And it's not like the Celtics roster is overflowing with talent, it isn't. So when you say "despite the results", I don't know what you mean by that, the results have been just fine. Stevens didn't take over a championship team, he took over a rebuilding team and has done a great job so far. With the first pick in the draft, plus owning Brooklyn's number one next year, the future looks very bright in Beantown, and Stevens will be a big part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by unusualsusp5 View Post
    you just don't get it. the players do not care about winning a championship. somehow the fans actually believe that they care more about that than their contracts. winning a ring means absolutely nothing to 95% of them. avoiding to have to be in a ridiculous parade is better than being in one. they all want to go home as early as possible. season too long.

Too much money and job security in the game. The players are also human just like us....they can see when their chances of winning a championship each year are zero thanks to building of super teams. Players are more powerful than coaches and can sometimes earn more money off the court than on it with shoe deals and such...so why give 100% on court when outcome is basically predetermined

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    [/B]
    Despite the results? Stevens took over in 2013, it was Boston's first season after trading Pierce and Garnett, and the Celtics were in obvious rebuilding mode and they finished that season 25-57 and missed the playoffs. The following season in 2014, the Celtics improved to 40-42 made the playoffs losing in the first round. In 2015 they improved again with a record of 48-34, again making the playoffs and losing in the first round. And this past season yet more improvement as the Celtics went 53-29, finished with the best record in the Eastern Conference, and lost in the Eastern Conference finals (let's assume). Hangover are you seeing a pattern here? So, every year Stevens has been the head coach the Celtics win total has gone up, from 25 wins his rookie year up to 53 in his fourth season. That's great progress if you ask me, going from one of the worst teams in the East to one of the best in a four year span. Look at how many teams are in constant rebuild mode, year after year. It took Stevens and the Celtics four years to go from bad to good, that's impressive. And it's not like the Celtics roster is overflowing with talent, it isn't. So when you say "despite the results", I don't know what you mean by that, the results have been just fine. Stevens didn't take over a championship team, he took over a rebuilding team and has done a great job so far. With the first pick in the draft, plus owning Brooklyn's number one next year, the future looks very bright in Beantown, and Stevens will be a big part of it.
    there is no future or no hope for any team as long as king james wants to keep playing. draft picks are useless. celtics could have first 3 picks and then they would only lose by 10 points to him. players will realize why should we bust our guts trying to win every night when it is all fruitless. the nba is just a circus act. players, owners, coaches just want to keep up the pretense that they care when all they care about is season long revenue. trying to convince fans to attend and hand over their money to them.

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by unusualsusp5 View Post
    there is no future or no hope for any team as long as king james wants to keep playing. draft picks are useless. celtics could have first 3 picks and then they would only lose by 10 points to him. players will realize why should we bust our guts trying to win every night when it is all fruitless. the nba is just a circus act. players, owners, coaches just want to keep up the pretense that they care when all they care about is season long revenue. trying to convince fans to attend and hand over their money to them.
    There's no doubt he owns the conference, but at some point he'll start slowing down. I mean the guy is human (I think), so at some point age will eventually catch up to him, and when it does the Celtics will be in a good position. But my post has nothing to do with LeBron, I'm just pointing out how good Stevens has been by taking a team from bad to good in short order. Everything is going like Danny Ainge planned when he first hired him.

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    There's no doubt he owns the conference, but at some point he'll start slowing down. I mean the guy is human (I think), so at some point age will eventually catch up to him, and when it does the Celtics will be in a good position. But my post has nothing to do with LeBron, I'm just pointing out how good Stevens has been by taking a team from bad to good in short order. Everything is going like Danny Ainge planned when he first hired him.
    the celtics should trade all their draft choices for picks in the 2024 draft then. ainge should know this. other teams just biding their time until james is gone. part of the celtics resurgence is due to the fact they have been trying more than the other teams. no real reason to. just go through the motions.

ONLY LOST BY 50 AT HOME !!!

EOG Dedicated

CELTIC. FUCKING. PRIDE.

rigged...two sweeps would be disastrous for nba

rigged...two sweeps would be disastrous for nba
    So silly. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by raycabino View Post
    So silly. Why?
    I cannot reveal my sources.

EOG Dedicated

Brilliant job by Stevens last night, all three sets he drew up after timeouts in the last minute worked out perfectly. All three plays led to open shots, now while a coach can't guarantee the shots go in, all three plays were beautifully drawn up. The last play that led to the open three by Avery Bradley was so good, it led to confusion by the Cavs on defense. Tim Legler broke it down, the Celtics lined up in positions that led the Cavs to think they were going to run a certain play, a play they had seen before and were ready to defend, but Stevens added a wrinkle, instead of Bradley cutting across the lane, he had Crowder make the cut, that caused confusion to the Cavs, JR Smith was supposed to stay with Bradley, but when Crowder made the cut that he thought Bradley would make, it confused him and instead of finding Bradley, he stayed on Crowder, but that was Schumpert's man. Meanwhile, Bradley curled around and went to the three point line leaving him with a wide open look, just a great play call by Stevens. Also he gives important minutes to Jonas Jerebko who hadn't been in their playoff rotation, and he comes up huge, just a great coaching job by Stevens last night.