Cubs will move Lester's next start....

Thread: Cubs will move Lester's next start....

ojos Cubs will move Lester's next start....

So he won't have to face the Red Sox....Baseball fans get cheated again.....
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Default Re: Cubs will move Lester's next start....

I see his next start listed as Friday against the Reds.

I'm seeing it as Saturday vs the Reds. I think that's what it should be since they switched him and Arrieta back around the 1st weekend when he faced the dodgers.

just googled and saw "Lester switched back with Arrieta" so now Lester will go Friday and miss the Red Sox.

I actually can't blame the Cubs for this. You want to avoid pitching lefties in Fenway whenever possible and with off days coming up, they can adjust their rotation to accommodate that.
    The less you bet, the more you lose when you win.

Cubs should move 85 mph Hendricks' next start back 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by richsox24 View Post
    I actually can't blame the Cubs for this. You want to avoid pitching lefties in Fenway whenever possible and with off days coming up, they can adjust their rotation to accommodate that.
    Good thing they have Sale, Price, Pomeranz, and E Rod...

Quote Originally Posted by Hangover View Post
    Good thing they have Sale, Price, Pomeranz, and E Rod...
    Thats exactly the reason Pomeranz magically had his worst season of his career last year and why Price also magically had the worst season of his career last year with the Red Sox.

Its also the reason when Theo was in Boston he NEVER signed free agent lefty starters for big money or traded for big contract lefties. He always went after the Pedros, Schilling, Beckett, Lowe, Wakefield, Dice K, Lackey, etc of the world.

Dombrowski hasn't figured that out yet.

It's a non factor. They switched Arrieta and Lester so the lefty Lester could face the Dodgers a week or so ago. 9 seasons in Boston, and most of them pretty good, so it's not a matter of Lester can't pitch well at Fenway.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    It's a non factor. They switched Arrieta and Lester so the lefty Lester could face the Dodgers a week or so ago. 9 seasons in Boston, and most of them pretty good, so it's not a matter of Lester can't pitch well at Fenway.
    He's had way more success at Fenway than 95% of lefties. You still dont want lefties pitching in that park if you can avoid it...and the Cubs are doing that. Theo knows.

Thats exactly the reason Pomeranz magically had his worst season of his career last year and why Price also magically had the worst season of his career last year with the Red Sox.
    It was hilarious watching the look of disgust on Pomeranz face while the Rays were ripping him home run derby style on this most recent Patriots Day game lol

Might also be getting the side benefit of having Arrieta miss th Pirates, who have seen him like a lot the past few years and the buds have hit him VERY well the past 4 outings

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_Dorothy View Post
    Might also be getting the side benefit of having Arrieta miss th Pirates, who have seen him like a lot the past few years and the buds have hit him VERY well the past 4 outings
    Yeah, Pitt has had good success in the last couple of years vs JA.

He's had way more success at Fenway than 95% of lefties. You still dont want lefties pitching in that park if you can avoid it...and the Cubs are doing that. Theo knows.
    If it's Theo's call, I disagree with the move. Lester has started more games at Fenway than any other park, so he's not only well aware of the Green Monster and how to deal with it, but comfortable with the mound as well.

The move smacks of Maddon. While the players love him, he sometimes makes decisions that are head scratchers. Theo has never been known to micro manage.

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post

Perhaps a move off the major league roster is in order lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hangover View Post
    Perhaps a move off the major league roster is in order lol
    DFA for sure

I would DFA Kris Bryant too at the same time for convenience... who is hitting a paltry .230... terrible.

also, they should DFA that Wade Davis guy... I know he's 2-0 and perfect in saves with a 0.00 ERA, but he had a few rough spring training outings, and that's not acceptable. DFA these losers.

Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    Yeah, Pitt has had good success in the last couple of years vs JA.
    last 4 starts but not last few years

Hendricks has lost 2.1 MPH off his fastball last year which was already slow. Nice fantasy pick, pal.

Guy lucky to be a solid 4th starter by the end of this year. Hardest sinker he's thrown this year is 87 MPH lol.
    tripp blows

Quote Originally Posted by Timelytowin View Post
    Hendricks has lost 2.1 MPH off his fastball last year which was already slow. Nice fantasy pick, pal.

Guy lucky to be a solid 4th starter by the end of this year. Hardest sinker he's thrown this year is 87 MPH lol.
    Since you've LITERALLY never been correct about anything, this is actually the most comforting thing I've ever read on this site.

Thank you so much! Sincerely.

Quote Originally Posted by Timelytowin View Post

I'm aware, pal. I told you he's Jered Weaver right now. He has no chance throwing 85. Makes his changeup useless.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Maddon saying same thing I posted.

"When he gets back to 87-88 (mph) then you're going to see that greater separation between the fastball and the changeup," Maddon said. "There's not a dramatic separation between the two pitches, and that's where the disconnect for him is now."

Apparently, Javy doesn't see the problem with an 85 mph fb and 80 mph change.

Maddon saying same thing I posted.

"When he gets back to 87-88 (mph) then you're going to see that greater separation between the fastball and the changeup," Maddon said. "There's not a dramatic separation between the two pitches, and that's where the disconnect for him is now."

Apparently, Javy doesn't see the problem with an 85 mph fb and 80 mph change.
    Not many guys pitch into November and then come out balls to the wall in April. This isn't 1920. I don't think it's a coincidence that the 3 work horses for the Cubs last year are all throwing slower in April than they were last year. You don't think that's strategic? You think it's more likely all 3 have serious arm issues? You do you, but the Cubs have pretty much said they're going to ease into this thing. They're 95%+ to win the NL Central according to the metrics, so why would they be going full steam right now? Ask yourself that and then come to a conclusion. I don't care what conclusion you reach, I've reached mine, you can reach yours.

In the case of Jake Arrieta, I actually think he can be more effective at a lower velocity than he was last year. He'll never be 'better than Kershaw' like he was in 2015 again, but he can improve upon 2016, which was still very good.