Baseball discussion for 4.20
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Baseball discussion for 4.20

  1. #1
    www.gabewins.com Baseball Zealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 20, 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles California
    Posts
    3,998

    Default Baseball discussion for 4.20

    Good luck.
    Baseball handicapper

  2. #2

    Default Re: Baseball discussion for 4.20

    I'm on Twins/Tribe under. Santana has only allowed one run so far this year. Bauer can be always be spotty with his command but I've always liked his stuff. The wind is blowing out but the temp will be low 40s for the whole game so that kind of makes it a wash. It's a get away game as well.

    Twins/Tribe under 8.5 -115

  3. #3

    Default Re: Baseball discussion for 4.20

    Tigers/Rays 1H Over 4.5 -105

    Tigers will jump on Ramirez early and Rays' righty stacked lineup should have no problem getting to Norris.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Baseball discussion for 4.20

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm on Twins/Tribe under. Santana has only allowed one run so far this year. Bauer can be always be spotty with his command but I've always liked his stuff. The wind is blowing out but the temp will be low 40s for the whole game so that kind of makes it a wash. It's a get away game as well.

    Twins/Tribe under 8.5 -115
    I think you are on the right side for all the reasons you've mentioned. I think Santana is one of those guys who's always under the radar.

    I have to see what the Salami total is for today. I see more potential unders on today's card. A number of getaway games, and others where both teams are coming off travel.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Baseball discussion for 4.20

    Arizona and San Diego have some poor numbers vs LHP, but when one looks at the LH starters they've faced, it's more understandable:

    Arizona: Kershaw, Bumgarner, Rich Hill, Matt Moore (twice)
    San Diego: Kershaw, Bumgarner, Hill, Garcia and Freeman.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Baseball discussion for 4.20

    The money coming in on Oakland is very interesting, as Paxson is a guy the markets love to bet. If Valdez did finally get things figured out, can he be another Rich Hill?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Baseball discussion for 4.20

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm on Twins/Tribe under. Santana has only allowed one run so far this year. Bauer can be always be spotty with his command but I've always liked his stuff. The wind is blowing out but the temp will be low 40s for the whole game so that kind of makes it a wash. It's a get away game as well.

    Twins/Tribe under 8.5 -115
    Nicely done! Got a little scary there in the 9th, but fortunately Francona has the sense to use Allen and get the game over even with a 4 run lead.

  8. #8
    www.gabewins.com Baseball Zealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 20, 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles California
    Posts
    3,998

    Default Re: Baseball discussion for 4.20

    Good to see you pt

  9. #9

    Default Re: Baseball discussion for 4.20

    Quote Originally Posted by PalmTree View Post
    Nicely done! Got a little scary there in the 9th, but fortunately Francona has the sense to use Allen and get the game over even with a 4 run lead.
    Thanks Eric-keep up the good work-you've been outstanding last couple of weeks.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Baseball discussion for 4.20

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    The money coming in on Oakland is very interesting, as Paxson is a guy the markets love to bet. If Valdez did finally get things figured out, can he be another Rich Hill?
    Well, it must've taken him a while, because he hasn't pitched in a big league game in 7 years.

    He's been very good in 2 minor leagues starts this year, fwiw.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Baseball discussion for 4.20

    Quote Originally Posted by Discreet Cat View Post
    Well, it must've taken him a while, because he hasn't pitched in a big league game in 7 years.

    He's been very good in 2 minor leagues starts this year, fwiw.
    He was 12-1 in Triple A last year. The guy used to walk over 4 hitters per 9 IP. Now he's under 1.0 per 9.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Baseball discussion for 4.20

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    He was 12-1 in Triple A last year. The guy used to walk over 4 hitters per 9 IP. Now he's under 1.0 per 9.
    I'm just amazed that it's been that long of a hiatus. Longest I've ever heard of.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Baseball discussion for 4.20

    Quote Originally Posted by Discreet Cat View Post
    I'm just amazed that it's been that long of a hiatus. Longest I've ever heard of.
    I guess the closest thing would be Rich Hill, but he was pitching in relief in MLB at least part of the time between 2007 and 2015. I think Kazmir was in the Independent League a few years ago. I guess it's worth a shot for Oakland, at a low risk.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Baseball discussion for 4.20

    Syndergaard has been in the Majors for a long time now to not have learned one thing about pitching.

    'So what do I do now coach? Just throw it as hard as I can towards the general direction of the plate, right?'

    Phillies lighting that bitch up.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Baseball discussion for 4.20

    Syndergard didnt realize he cant add muscle to his blistery fingers

  16. #16

    Default Re: Baseball discussion for 4.20

    Quote Originally Posted by Hangover View Post
    Syndergard didnt realize he cant add muscle to his blistery fingers
    Watching him pitch is so easy to predict. 1-0. Here comes the fastball right down the cock. 0-2, here comes the fastball right down the cock. They're big leaguers bro, they can hit straight and 100 when they know it's coming.

  17. #17
    EOG Dedicated bookbraker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 27, 2011
    Location
    Harveys Lake, PA
    Posts
    5,267

    Default Re: Baseball discussion for 4.20

    Quote Originally Posted by BumgarnerWins View Post
    Watching him pitch is so easy to predict. 1-0. Here comes the fastball right down the cock. 0-2, here comes the fastball right down the cock. They're big leaguers bro, they can hit straight and 100 when they know it's coming.
    Amazing the sucess he has since even a baseball mind like yourself knows what he's going to do.

    * shakes head *

    You're a stiff too

  18. #18
    EOG Dedicated bookbraker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 27, 2011
    Location
    Harveys Lake, PA
    Posts
    5,267

    Default Re: Baseball discussion for 4.20

    Quote Originally Posted by BumgarnerWins View Post
    Watching him pitch is so easy to predict. 1-0. Here comes the fastball right down the cock. 0-2, here comes the fastball right down the cock. They're big leaguers bro, they can hit straight and 100 when they know it's coming.
    10k's 0 walks

    3 earned runs

    Era balloned to 1.73 this year.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Baseball discussion for 4.20

    Quote Originally Posted by bookbraker View Post
    10k's 0 walks

    3 earned runs

    Era balloned to 1.73 this year.
    Has he faced a non Marlins/Phillies/Braves team this year?

    Are you a Syndergaard fan or a Mets fan? He had plenty of opportunity to mitigate those bad innings. The errors were early in the inning.

  20. #20
    EOG Dedicated bookbraker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 27, 2011
    Location
    Harveys Lake, PA
    Posts
    5,267

    Default Re: Baseball discussion for 4.20

    Quote Originally Posted by BumgarnerWins View Post
    Has he faced a non Marlins/Phillies/Braves team this year?

    Are you a Syndergaard fan or a Mets fan? He had plenty of opportunity to mitigate those bad innings. The errors were early in the inning.
    To be honest...I don't like the way mlb puts out the schedule, but it is what it is.


    Syndergaard has 30 k's and 0 walks on the year. Bad umping also?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •