I have a 9.5 hour layover in Helsinki next month on my way to Thailand....

Thread: I have a 9.5 hour layover in Helsinki next month on my way to Thailand....

Default I have a 9.5 hour layover in Helsinki next month on my way to Thailand....

Anyone here ever been there? Any suggestions where to go if I can get out of the airport for a few hours?
    TIA
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Default Re: I have a 9.5 hour layover in Helsinki next month on my way to Thailand....

Good euro soccerr game with Hoffenheim, an upward moving team in Bundesleague. However likely a tie against Cologne today . Game just about to start. Hoffen. worth following. Find a sports bar

Default Re: I have a 9.5 hour layover in Helsinki next month on my way to Thailand....

Quote Originally Posted by Biff41 View Post
    Good euro soccerr game with Hoffenheim, an upward moving team in Bundesleague. However likely a tie against Cologne today . Game just about to start. Hoffen. worth following. Find a sports bar
    ....my bad....game tomorrow at 8:30 pm Berlin time

EOG Dedicated

you will like it there,very very liberal place

2 degrees today...screw that....

What is 2 degrees converted to Fahrenheit...

EOG Addicted

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
    2 degrees today...screw that....

What is 2 degrees converted to Fahrenheit...
    0 = 32.....

2 C = 35.6 F

Airport lounge it is!!

Bartender.......

EOG Addicted

Some airports like Incheon in South Korea offers free tours, showers, lounge area to sleep and desktop computers. I would suggest to Google your
    airport.

Half hour ride to get into town from the airport... This is your short list

http://www.visithelsinki.fi/en/see-a...nki-in-6-hours
    If you ain't shopping you ain't trying

I'm a gay man and a gay sportsbettor.

Last time I was in Helsinki I used this to find the action: http://www.visithelsinki.fi/en/stay-...rs-in-helsinki

Have fun!

Duplicate

EOG Senior Member

Wow, I've flown many different routes to and from Thailand but never that one. Look forward to hearing how it went. Your options depend on the hour you arrive in Helsinki and the weather. Or if you don't or can't leave the airport many now have hotels with 6 hour rates just to shower, rest and be ready for your last leg. What is to BKK from there? 10 hours? No more stops hopefully. See you when you get here.

Quote Originally Posted by OLDSANDBAGGER View Post
    Wow, I've flown many different routes to and from Thailand but never that one. Look forward to hearing how it went. Your options depend on the hour you arrive in Helsinki and the weather. Or if you don't or can't leave the airport many now have hotels with 6 hour rates just to shower, rest and be ready for your last leg. What is to BKK from there? 10 hours? No more stops hopefully. See you when you get here.
    9.5 more hours to Bangkok...arrive at 7AM.....will be in Pattaya before noon....business class over a thousand bucks cheaper than Cathay or Eva Air....

Hoffenheim1-1 tie with Koln (Cologne) yesterday.