LBJ and 4 Subs
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LBJ and 4 Subs

Default LBJ and 4 Subs

Just ruined Indiana's night.

The SOB can't seem to hit a free throw to save his life but I'll be damned if anyone walking the planet plays the game better than him.
    Men are born for games. Nothing else... the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the pride of victory & the humiliation of defeat; which are themselves sufficient stake... But trial of chance or worth, all games aspire to the condition of war, for here, that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

Default Re: LBJ and 4 Subs

Michael Jordan did in his prime. No question.

Imagine Lebron in an era where people were allowed to abuse the offensive player and how he responds to contact. He's had several mental episodes from slight contact from tiny guys like Kirk Hinrich. You think he'd have survived in the 90s? LOL. Probably would have had a Dennis Rodman meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by BumgarnerWins View Post

Imagine Lebron in an era where people were allowed to abuse the offensive player and how he responds to contact. He's had several mental episodes from slight contact from tiny guys like Kirk Hinrich. You think he'd have survived in the 90s? LOL. Probably would have had a Dennis Rodman meltdown.
    The standard deviation of skills has gone down since MJ's time which makes LBJ's decade+ dominance all the more impressive. If he played in MJ's era, they would think one of two things:

1. He's an alien from an advanced planet
    2. He's from the future (which he actually would be)

He's a freak for today's game, back then, JFC, he would rape and pillage. He would probably go down as the greatest perimeter defensive player ever. He would be able to hand-check anyone quicker than him and anyone stronger than him wouldn't get around him.
    Men are born for games. Nothing else... the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the pride of victory & the humiliation of defeat; which are themselves sufficient stake... But trial of chance or worth, all games aspire to the condition of war, for here, that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

EOG Dedicated

Didn't take long for the Jordan nut hugger to give his useless drivel
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

Quote Originally Posted by GameBred View Post
    The standard deviation of skills has gone down since MJ's time which makes LBJ's decade+ dominance all the more impressive. If he played in MJ's era, they would think one of two things:

1. He's an alien from an advanced planet
    2. He's from the future (which he actually would be)

He's a freak for today's game, back then, JFC, he would rape and pillage. He would probably go down as the greatest perimeter defensive player ever. He would be able to hand-check anyone quicker than him and anyone stronger than him wouldn't get around him.
    And yet, he can't shoot free throws, and typically bricks big shots late in games.

Without the heroics of Ray Allen and a bad call that decapitated Rondo back many years ago against Boston, Lebron James would be 1-6 in the finals. Let's not forget that the Spurs were 99% to be champions and missed free throws and sho themselves in the foot... Lebron James turned it over twice in the game's final minute to give the Heat 0.4% to be champions, and Ray Allen saved his ass.

You'll learn one day that 'being a physical freak' doesn't guarantee anything. He's a mental midget and a poor shooter when isolated.

EOG Dedicated

And yet, he can't shoot free throws, and typically bricks big shots late in games.

Without the heroics of Ray Allen and a bad call that decapitated Rondo back many years ago against Boston, Lebron James would be 1-6 in the finals. Let's not forget that the Spurs were 99% to be champions and missed free throws and sho themselves in the foot... Lebron James turned it over twice in the game's final minute to give the Heat 0.4% to be champions, and Ray Allen saved his ass.

You'll learn one day that 'being a physical freak' doesn't guarantee anything. He's a mental midget and a poor shooter when isolated.
    Apparently you missed last year's finals, let me recap it for you. LeBron James led his team back from a 3-1 deficit to win the championship, in doing so he did something that had never been done in NBA history by leading both teams in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. Oh and he also made the biggest defensive play of the series when he ran down a sure layup by Andre Iguodala, and earned the MVP award

Just ruined Indiana's night.

The SOB can't seem to hit a free throw to save his life but I'll be damned if anyone walking the planet plays the game better than him.
    You ain't shitting Gamebred.

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Apparently you missed last year's finals, let me recap it for you. LeBron James led his team back from a 3-1 deficit to win the championship, in doing so he did something that had never been done in NBA history by leading both teams in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. Oh and he also made the biggest defensive play of the series when he ran down a sure layup by Andre Iguodala, and earned the MVP award
    You mean the series where the Warriors win in 5 if the league doesn't suspend the Warriors' most important player from an NBA finals game? Yeah, I remember that series. Very well, in fact.

He's much more than a physical freak; he's obsessed with improving and his basketball IQ is off the charts. They have done segments on his B-Ball IQ so this isn't me being a fanboy.

He's much more than a physical freak; he's obsessed with improving and his basketball IQ is off the charts. They have done segments on his B-Ball IQ so this isn't me being a fanboy.
    Point out the playoff series where Michael Jordan completely gave up on a series in game 5 and then stormed off the court to bitch about how fans are mean to him and then abandoned the city he promised to win a championship for on national television and joined forces with 2 of the league's top 4 PER rated players besides for himself and I'll consider that these are comparable individuals.

You mean the series where the Warriors win in 5 if the league doesn't suspend the Warriors' most important player from an NBA finals game? Yeah, I remember that series. Very well, in fact.
    Speaking of excuses...

Why did MJ lose to the Magic who got swept by the Rockets in the Finals? You always seem to forget that. MJ never sniffed 6 Finals in a row and when he got there, he never played close to the level of competition that LBJ has played.

EOG Dedicated

Got this from another place. LeBron James has as many 40-10-10 playoff games as every other NBA player since 1984 combined. Holy fuck

Speaking of excuses...

Why did MJ lose to the Magic who got swept by the Rockets in the Finals? You always seem to forget that. MJ never sniffed 6 Finals in a row and when he got there, he never played close to the level of competition that LBJ has played.
    The East has been a joke for the last decade due to injuries and super teams forming, so no, that's not true. The Pistons of the early Jordan days was a much tougher challenge in the East than Lebron has ever faced.

And Lebron's struggles against the West are well documented. He could easily be 1-6. EASILY, not just it's possible, as in, it is actually more likely his record should be worse than it is in finals. He's been very very lucky. He lost to a god awful Mavs team. Mavs might be the worst championship team of all time. Do you really not remember JJ Barea bending the queen over and making him his bitch in the post? JUST lol at the idea Jordan would ever have allowed that.

Point out the playoff series where Michael Jordan completely gave up on a series in game 5 and then stormed off the court to bitch about how fans are mean to him and then abandoned the city he promised to win a championship for on national television and joined forces with 2 of the league's top 4 PER rated players besides for himself and I'll consider that these are comparable individuals.
    I can't, MJ has always been a Mental Giant. Doesn't mean he plays the game of basketball better than LBJ. LBJ is a Giant now but it did take him a minute.

Got this from another place. LeBron James has as many 40-10-10 playoff games as every other NBA player since 1984 combined. Holy fuck
    Holy shit. Thanks for sharing, had no clue.

The East has been a joke for the last decade due to injuries and super teams forming, so no, that's not true. The Pistons of the early Jordan days was a much tougher challenge in the East than Lebron has ever faced.

And Lebron's struggles against the West are well documented. He could easily be 1-6. EASILY, not just it's possible, as in, it is actually more likely his record should be worse than it is in finals. He's been very very lucky. He lost to a god awful Mavs team. Mavs might be the worst championship team of all time. Do you really not remember JJ Barea bending the queen over and making him his bitch in the post? JUST lol at the idea Jordan would ever have allowed that.
    Did MJ ever beat a Piston's squad in top form?

I'm asking.

Do you think any team Jordan is on loses to the Mavs besides his Wizard days? LOL. The Mavs are the outlier in NBA Champions history.

So are you saying that Lebron has more 40 10 10 playoff games than every other player and MJ combined since 1984? All I hear about MJ there is no way I'm buying this.

Do you think any team Jordan is on loses to the Mavs besides his Wizard days? LOL. The Mavs are the outlier in NBA Champions history.
    Do you think Lebron loses that series if Phil Jackson is the coach?

EOG Addicted

Irving played less than 8 minutes 2nd half & Love sat the fourth quarter. Cavs cleaned up their defense 2nd half only allowing 40 points and 8 tov vs 18 tov game 2.

Lebron has been working with Kyle Korver on tweaking his free throw shooting and seems to be a work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by raycabino View Post
    I think Phil Jackson's reputation is severely propped up by the fact he coached 3 of the 15 best NBA players in NBA history, 2 of which were on the same team for 3 of the championships.

So are you saying that Lebron has more 40 10 10 playoff games than every other player and MJ combined since 1984? All I hear about MJ there is no way I'm buying this.
    There are more triple doubles in today's NBA than ever before, by a wide, wide, wide margin. The game has changed, it has little to do with Lebron vs MJ but basketball in the 90s vs basketball now. Just look at Russell Westbrook for proof.

EOG Dedicated

LeBron is now 7th all time in playoff history in rebounding, 3rd all time in scoring, and 4th all time in made threes. Accomplishing all that while leading his team back from 26 on the road, not a bad night's work

I think Phil Jackson's reputation is severely propped up by the fact he coached 3 of the 15 best NBA players in NBA history, 2 of which were on the same team for 3 of the championships.
    I'll take that indirect answer as a no.

EOG Dedicated

There are more triple doubles in today's NBA than ever before, by a wide, wide, wide margin. The game has changed, it has little to do with Lebron vs MJ but basketball in the 90s vs basketball now. Just look at Russell Westbrook for proof.
    It isn't just the triple double, it's the 40 points to go along with it

It isn't just the triple double, it's the 40 points to go along with it
    Usage rates matter. Tell me offensive efficiency ratings more than points. Lebron is shut down by guys like Jimmy Butler, so sure, he gets his 40, but it comes at a 33% FG percentage.

EOG Dedicated

Javy, you can twist and spin about the guy all you want, but when he finally hangs them up he will go down as one of the greats to ever play, will he surpass Jordan, I don't know, what I do know is whenever people talk about the greatest players of all time, LeBron's name will be right there

Thank you. Perfect point.

Javy, you can twist and spin about the guy all you want, but when he finally hangs them up he will go down as one of the greats to ever play, will he surpass Jordan, I don't know, what I do know is whenever people talk about the greatest players of all time, LeBron's name will be right there
    I bet you he'll be remembered slightly more for his cowardly super team shit than he will his basketball play. The reason for that, is that it changed the NBA forever, for the worse.

Unfair or not, Lebron will always be the cowardly bitch who joined up with his top 5 caliber player buddies (2 of them) and tried to clean up titles wise. Then found some others in his town to make it seem like he's a hero returning home. That is his legacy. And it's not a good one.

I'll take that indirect answer as a no.
    LOL.

I bet you he'll be remembered slightly more for his cowardly super team shit than he will his basketball play. The reason for that, is that it changed the NBA forever, for the worse.

Unfair or not, Lebron will always be the cowardly bitch who joined up with his top 5 caliber player buddies (2 of them) and tried to clean up titles wise. Then found some others in his town to make it seem like he's a hero returning home. That is his legacy. And it's not a good one.
    Why does Jordan get a pass for the team they built the year they won 70 games? I think there were 21 hall of famers on that roster.

EOG Dedicated

The NBA set an all time attendance record drawing just under 22 million fans, the league is doing just fine

From a gambling standpoint, if you had Indiana, you gotta be sick. NBA Playoff basketball. I'd rather play with a bowl of feeding frenzied piranhas than bet NBA playoff basketball.

Let's get one thing straight: Cleveland didn't win last year. The Warriors lost that series. The only reason the Warriors didn't win it all was they prioritized a 73 win season. Toss in a tough series vs OKC and a well timed suspension of Green and that mixture of events was the ONLY reason the Warriors aren't currently eyeing a 3 peat.

They've remained low key this year. And the Warriors may not even get a chance to exact revenge because there's no guarantee the Cavs even win the East. But if they do, it will be a beating. We are talking about a take no prisoners, embarrass their asses beating.

Nobody in the NBA has better flopping skills than Lebron