Fowler

Thread: Fowler

Default Fowler

This might end up being a worse signing than Heyward. 0-5 tonight with three strikeouts batting .169. Not want you want from the lead off spot. I was skeptical of this contract from the beginning.
    Don't wake up in a roadside ditch

Default Re: Fowler

Fowler: .169/.239/.308/.547

Almora: .391/.440/.609/1.049
    Jay: .333/.440/.429/.869

I did tell people Fowler would miss hitting in front of Bryant and Rizzo... Nobody wanted to listen.

My guess is he'll be fine come All Star break.

He made his season last year in April and May. Sure a peculiar signing when they had a lead off hitter: Carpenter that struggled when moved out of that slot.

I agree not hitting in front of Bryant and Rizzo is pretty big, although guys like Diaz and Carpenter aren't slouches. The whole Cardinal team has had some struggles at the plate, but I do believe that team will hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brayden11 View Post
    Maybe. He loved the Cubs' locker room though. And the Cardinals are seen as one of the most uptight clubhouses in the league... He also made some comments about Trump's immigration plan and got a lot of racism from Cardinals fans on it.

I think it's fair to say he probably doesn't feel comfortable in St. Louis and there's no guarantee this is going to work out.

From what I have read next year will be even worse for him. Unlikely he gets to play center, so Fowler will move to left? Either way, this was money not well spent by the Cardinals. Not sure why they did not go after Justin Turner? Now that would have been a far better signing for the needs of that ballclub.

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Fowler's wife is Iranian and was concerned about seeing her family.

Ahh the Cardinal Way.

Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    Fowler's wife is Iranian and was concerned about seeing her family.

Ahh the Cardinal Way.

It's been 3 weeks. Heyward was the worst offensive outfielder in baseball over the course of a full season. And he makes $100 million more than Fowler signed for. Not really a comparison.

Manny Machado's hitting .176. I don't think the O's will trade him for Chase Headley.

its still early

I believe that Fowler is of above average height and of above average darkness in complexion

that means he hits when it warms up, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BumgarnerWins View Post
    Maybe. He loved the Cubs' locker room though. And the Cardinals are seen as one of the most uptight clubhouses in the league... He also made some comments about Trump's immigration plan and got a lot of racism from Cardinals fans on it.

I think it's fair to say he probably doesn't feel comfortable in St. Louis and there's no guarantee this is going to work out.
    said like a true CUB homer

That uptight clubhouse has a few more flags hanging in the outfield than the loose CUB bunch. When you get another one you can crow a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Brayden11 View Post
    hope so Brayden

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    It's been 3 weeks. Heyward was the worst offensive outfielder in baseball over the course of a full season. And he makes $100 million more than Fowler signed for. Not really a comparison.

Manny Machado's hitting .176. I don't think the O's will trade him for Chase Headley.
    this is a cub fan forum... so the reaction makes sense. To be expected. Obviously Fowler will be fine. We're more than one year removed from that abortion of a contract Hayward signed and cub fans still refuse to call it such yet will critique Fowler after 1 month. Lol

Lol at hitting in front of two guys meaning he went from great to terrible.
    tripp blows

Quote Originally Posted by lap18 View Post
    hope so Brayden
    he'll be fine. Nothing matters right now besides the massive velocity drop for the cubs rotation. Avi Garcia has been the best hitter in baseball so far... he probably still blows. Remember when that minor league chubber for Detroit hit like 15 homers in April and he's out of baseball now.

Quote Originally Posted by Timelytowin View Post
    this is a cub fan forum... so the reaction makes sense. To be expected. Obviously Fowler will be fine. We're more than one year removed from that abortion of a contract Hayward signed and cub fans still refuse to call it such yet will critique Fowler after 1 month. Lol

Lol at hitting in front of two guys meaning he went from great to terrible.
    The difference is, of course, is that the Cubs can be the best team in baseball with Heyward producing nothing, while the Cardinals need Fowler to produce like last year to have a good shot at the wild card.

And if you're not smart enough to recognize this difference, you frankly shouldn't be commenting on sports. Which is likely true either way, but come on. Be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Timelytowin View Post
    he'll be fine. Nothing matters right now besides the massive velocity drop for the cubs rotation. Avi Garcia has been the best hitter in baseball so far... he probably still blows. Remember when that minor league chubber for Detroit hit like 15 homers in April and he's out of baseball now.
    So if a guy has a good performance but at 1.5 MPH less, we can't count it in the stats and standings. Let me guess: if you were a football GM, you'd have taken a guy who throws a nice, tight spiral over Peyton Manning.

Nobody in the Cubs rotation is about overpowering hitters. Even in Arrieta's dominating 2015 season he wasn't. Lester will never beat Syndergaard on the radar gun. And as ERA champion last year, Hendricks rarely got to 90. Velocity is one of only three ways to get hitters out.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    So if a guy has a good performance but at 1.5 MPH less, we can't count it in the stats and standings. Let me guess: if you were a football GM, you'd have taken a guy who throws a nice, tight spiral over Peyton Manning.

Nobody in the Cubs rotation is about overpowering hitters. Even in Arrieta's dominating 2015 season he wasn't. Lester will never beat Syndergaard on the radar gun. And as ERA champion last year, Hendricks rarely got to 90. Velocity is one of only three ways to get hitters out.
    Because this guy is pretty dumb, he doesn't realize the velocity drop might be intentional and everyone might have been told to ease it up a bit since this division is not going to be a battle this year and the only way the Cubs can screw themselves is getting hurt by trying to ramp up in April after pitching into November.

But Timely isn't a statistical guy, so he thinks its more likely that everyone just had structural arm injuries at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by BumgarnerWins View Post
    Because this guy is pretty dumb, he doesn't realize the velocity drop might be intentional and everyone might have been told to ease it up a bit since this division is not going to be a battle this year and the only way the Cubs can screw themselves is getting hurt by trying to ramp up in April after pitching into November.

But Timely isn't a statistical guy, so he thinks its more likely that everyone just had structural arm injuries at the same time.
    Shit boy is up early to spend another Saturday on a message board. Do you think everyone is dumb and autistic? Keep suckin that Heyward dick brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
    Shit boy is up early to spend another Saturday on a message board. Do you think everyone is dumb and autistic? Keep suckin that Heyward dick brother!
    I'm on a sports forum discussing sports. You're on a sports forum harassing people who are discussing sports. Only a delusional person would think the latter is preferable to the former. Get some mental help pal, if you're still salvageable.

Good week for Fowller.... he looks like he is starting to hit now... and Cards are winning

He is a great player...just a matter of time. Starting to get comfortable with new team routine and weather stabilizing in St. Louis for the summer. His numbers will be up there in the end..

Schwarber looks lost at the plate....below .220

My under bet on the scrubs is looking good....
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Quote Originally Posted by lap18 View Post
    That uptight clubhouse has a few more flags hanging in the outfield than the loose CUB bunch. When you get another one you can crow a little.
    You mean several more flags....
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
    Schwarber looks lost at the plate....below .220
    I was going to mention this today

Its really turned into EOC,not a complaint Javy,seems I now know more about the Cubs than at any other time of my life.

fwiw I still miss the Zambrano days,but life goes on

Quote Originally Posted by ManchesterUk View Post
    I was going to mention this today

Its really turned into EOC,not a complaint Javy,seems I now know more about the Cubs than at any other time of my life.
    He is a free swinger and seems to lack a plan of attack whenever he comes to the plate. Can only rely on reaction for so long before pitchers figure you out. He had success in small sample sizes last few years but no way he succeeds in a full season of AB's with same approach...

Quote Originally Posted by Hangover View Post
    He is a free swinger and seems to lack a plan of attack whenever he comes to the plate. Can only rely on reaction for so long before pitchers figure you out. He had success in small sample sizes last few years but no way he succeeds in a full season of AB's with same approach...
    lol what?

he's hitting .212 with a .343 OBP

that is the opposite of a free swinger. If he anything, he's not being aggressive enough because he was thrust into the leadoff role.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangover View Post
    He seems to lack a plan of attack whenever he comes to the plate. Can only rely on reaction for so long before pitchers figure you out. He had success in small sample sizes last few years but no way he succeeds in a full season of AB's with same approach...
    fixed...lol