Mexico's Civil War Anything But Civil This Saturday - It isn't unusual for two Mexican boxers to meet, it happens dozens of times weekly in the gyms and arenas of Mexico and southern California. Many call boxing Mexico's sport and the men that compete in it normally don't care about nationality when they fight as the struggle is to put food on the table.

That is what makes this Saturday's all-Mexico HBO pay-per-view between Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and rival Julio Cesar Chavez Jr all the more interesting. The two men are without question this generation of Mexican boxing's elite. Alvarez is the biggest draw in the sport according to his promoter Oscar De la Hoya and Golden Boy Promotions and Chavez Jr has the entire legacy of his father that he carries on his back. The pair get to do it on the world's biggest boxing stage in Las Vegas on "Cinco de Mayo"*holiday weekend. It does not get any bigger than this for the both men.

And you get the feeling there is genuine animosity between the two men . Alvarez., who at this point is a corporation, looks at his rival with disdain and Chavez knows it. Chavez recently told the media "I was injured, inactive and not training so Alvarez chose me to fight." After all it will be Chavez Jr who is the bigger, taller man and he has his own 50-2-1 pro record that includes a world championship. Not to mention the pedigree. Daddy Chavez Sr has even chimed in saying "it is OK for my son to lose, but it is not OK for him to lose to this guy." The talking is almost over as the fight is this Saturday.

Mexico's Civil War Anything But Civil This Saturday
T-Moblie Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada - HBO PPV

Catchweight 12 rounds -
Julio Cesar Chavez Jr +475
Saul Alvarez -650

Middleweight 10 rounds -
Marco Reyes +1800
David Lemieux -4500

Mexico's Civil War Anything But Civil This Saturday / Check out more boxing news and features at The Sweet Science, where the best boxing writers write.