Schwarber hitting a robust .196.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 36 to 70 of 177

Thread: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

  1. #36

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Date Video Path Hitter Hitter
    Team
    Pitcher Pitcher
    Team
    INN Ballpark Type/
    Luck
    True
    Dist.
    Speed
    Off
    Bat
    Elev.
    Angle
    Horiz.
    Angle
    Apex Impact Due To: Std.
    Dist.
    #
    Parks
    Wind Temp. Alt.
    05/16/17 Video View Schwarber, Kyle CHC Arroyo, Bronson CIN 2 Wrigley Fiel... ND 450 108.2 28.4 71.6 93 22 2 1 426 29

    This says it was 450, and aided by the wind. It also says it's only out in 29 of 30 ballparks; not sure how that's possible but it wasn't 470 and wasn't out of every park in every condition.
    tripp blows

  2. #37
    Eventus stultorum magister NowshesmyRuca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 15, 2008
    Location
    Aspen, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,417

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    It's not just his batting average I mean he's absolutely horrific as a left fielder. Like I've said before that team is screwed as long as Madden is the manager.
    Clowns make me laugh! :+textinb3

  3. #38
    Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 24, 2008
    Location
    Bridgman, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    10,342

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    It must REALLY suck to feel the need to one-up TH at every turn.

  4. #39

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    It must REALLY suck to feel the need to one-up TH at every turn.
    I know you're smart enough to know this guy follows me from thread to thread. So why don't you mind that? It's weird, don't you think?

    But to be fair man, one upping Timely is the easiest thing in the world. He's one of our least intelligent posters and knows so little about baseball that there's not really a contention.

  5. #40

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    http://m.mlb.com/ana/video/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU

    Cue Benny Hill music. I can't believe the White Sox pay him lol.

  6. #41

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Quote Originally Posted by NowshesmyRuca View Post
    It's not just his batting average I mean he's absolutely horrific as a left fielder. Like I've said before that team is screwed as long as Madden is the manager.
    Won the championship last year with Maddon as the manager. I wasn't aware they made John Madden the manager since then, but thanks for the update buddy.

  7. #42
    Eventus stultorum magister NowshesmyRuca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 15, 2008
    Location
    Aspen, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,417

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    It's the Madden curse.
    Clowns make me laugh! :+textinb3

  8. #43

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    http://m.mlb.com/ana/video/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU

    Cue Benny Hill music. I can't believe the White Sox pay him lol.



  9. #44

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    http://m.mlb.com/ana/video/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU

    Cue Benny Hill music. I can't believe the White Sox pay him lol.
    This thread is about Kyle Schwarer; I'll never understand your weird insistence on bringing up the White Sox.

    Two, it didn't matter if he caught it or not, but you can't believe they pay him? Leury Garcia has a 1.1 WAR in 33 games; which puts him on pace for a 4-5 WAR season. That would rank him 2nd on the Cubs behind only Kris Bryant and makes him 1.1 WAR better than Schwarber.
    tripp blows

  10. #45

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelytowin View Post
    This thread is about Kyle Schwarer; I'll never understand your weird insistence on bringing up the White Sox.

    Two, it didn't matter if he caught it or not, but you can't believe they pay him? Leury Garcia has a 1.1 WAR in 33 games; which puts him on pace for a 4-5 WAR season. That would rank him 2nd on the Cubs behind only Kris Bryant and makes him 1.1 WAR better than Schwarber.
    You're so focused on small sample sizes when it benefits you. Didn't you learn your lesson on that last year when the White Sox started hot and you declared them the best team in chicago, only to predictably disappear to irrelevance very quickly?

    Jason Vargas isn't going to win the Cy. Neither is Mike Leake.

  11. #46

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....


  12. #47

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Who cares? He's making the league minimum. He could be shit the rest of the season and be worth his salary. Who cares about the White Sox in a Schwarber thread? What is wrong with you?
    tripp blows

  13. #48

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Eh, one is a playoff legend, one is toiling around for one of the worst teams in the country. Ill give Schwarber a pass considering he's the only player to miss a full season and then have more than 3 hits in a World Series that same season.

  14. #49

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelytowin View Post
    Who cares? He's making the league minimum. He could be shit the rest of the season and be worth his salary. Who cares about the White Sox in a Schwarber thread? What is wrong with you?
    Schwarber is a World Series champion and hero but you think a bad month is enough to forget it and shit on him. Lmao. You're so cute, themanEJ.

  15. #50

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    Schwarber is a World Series champion and hero but you think a bad month is enough to forget it and shit on him. Lmao. You're so cute, themanEJ.
    A hero. A legend and a hero. Lol are you sure you're even 15 years old?
    tripp blows

  16. #51

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelytowin View Post
    A hero. A legend and a hero. Lol are you sure you're even 15 years old?
    The game of baseball has been played since 1800 something and no one has ever done what Schwarber did last year. You're a bitter, jealous loser who is literally obsessed with the Cubs.

    I bet you get more happiness out of a Cubs loss than a White Sox win, that's how sad of a fan you are at this stage.

  17. #52

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Remember when the Dodgers shut the Cubs out twice in the first 3 games of the NLCS and Timely declared the series over and said they don't get to play the reds anymore? Lmao, won 3 straight in blowout fashion, including pounding Kershaw bloody. I think that's the night he snapped for good.

  18. #53

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Also if you don't see how your bitterness towards the Cubs and extensive history of being incredibly wrong is relevant to a thread where you are trashing Schwarber, I don't know what to tell you.

    You are biased against him because he's a Cub.

    But even if that's not true, you have a long track record of being wrong about everything related to baseball, so if you see his career playing out poorly, then it'll almost undoubtedly play out the other way.

  19. #54

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    I post about Cubs in Cub threads, how does that make me obsessed with the Cubs? You helped turn this place into EOC, so those are the topics that frequent the front page. I am merely commenting and staying on topic. Schwarber has been terrible, and was very overrated in trade value. The Cubs should have traded him when his value was high given that he's not suited for the NL because he has no position. I said this 100 times.

    You post about the White Sox in every thread.
    tripp blows

  20. #55

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    So a .776 OPS in 375 major league at bats and you're ready to give up on him. Not to mention he only had 519 minor league at bats period. So he has less than 1000 professional at bats and you think that's sufficient to project him, and the .776 isn't even terrible.

    Timely, you're not very bright and you don't understand baseball very well and I would have honestly figured the years of being proven wrong would have at least gotten through to you on that point but I guess not so carry on.

  21. #56

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelytowin View Post
    and was very overrated in trade value. The Cubs should have traded him when his value was high given that he's not suited for the NL because he has no position. I said this 100 times.
    This is absolutely correct. As the best GM/Pres in the history of baseball in my opinion, Theo doesn't make many mistakes, but I said the same thing this past offseason. Schwarber's trade value was never higher.

    I even lost a $20 bet to a friend of mine because he gave me 2-1 odds that he wouldn't be traded and I thought there was a decent chance he would be.
    The less you bet, the more you lose when you win.

  22. #57
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Nov 30, 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,117

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    I like the cubs model.......... but right now schwarber cannot hit.....and he will never field

    I am a big fan of theo........schwarber as of now is not doing the job......he could turn around his hitting to over shadow his fielding...the club knows better than anyone and do not want to destroy the young kids head right now.....still way early.

  23. #58

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Schwarber has a .682 ops through 139 at bats.

    Joey Votto had a lower OPS last year through his first 139 at bats and ended just shy of 1.000 for the season.

    Now here comes the mentally defective saying I compared the two. Lol. The obvious point is let the season play out and stop overreacting to 20 percent of one season on a guy that missed a full season last year.

  24. #59

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    Schwarber has a .682 ops through 139 at bats.

    Joey Votto had a lower OPS last year through his first 139 at bats and ended just shy of 1.000 for the season.

    Now here comes the mentally defective saying I compared the two. Lol. The obvious point is let the season play out and stop overreacting to 20 percent of one season on a guy that missed a full season last year.
    So now Joey Votto and Kyle Schwarber are comparable?

    Of course you just compared the two. Do you know what a comparison is? lol
    tripp blows

  25. #60

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelytowin View Post
    So now Joey Votto and Kyle Schwarber are comparable?

    Of course you just compared the two. Do you know what a comparison is? lol
    Lol, I called this one like I called rizzo vs Abreu. It is clearly in that context an example for why you shouldn't rush to judgment on a player 20 percent into a year.

  26. #61

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Timely were you right about Abreu being the best contract in baseball? Is 0.321 WAR per million a better deal than 0.964 WAR per million? I still haven't gotten an answer from you here. Please advise.

  27. #62

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Uh, you don't rush to judgement on Votto because he has 10 years of big league success. To even use him as an example for why you can't judge Schwarber not hitting is pure comedic gold.
    tripp blows

  28. #63

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelytowin View Post
    Uh, you don't rush to judgement on Votto because he has 10 years of big league success. To even use him as an example for why you can't judge Schwarber not hitting is pure comedic gold.
    Your mistake is pretty obvious. You used Abreu's first year as proof he was destined to be an MVP refusing to account for the fact he is in his late 20s at that time and had nearly a decade of professional experience.

    Now in this situation you're rushing to judgment on a guy that was playing college baseball 2 1/2 years ago and has 900 professional at bats.

    Its completely moronic and there's no defense to your approach.

  29. #64
    Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 24, 2008
    Location
    Bridgman, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    10,342

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    Won the championship last year with Maddon as the manager. I wasn't aware they made John Madden the manager since then, but thanks for the update buddy.
    Most rational people know they won in spite of Madden, seeing how he handled in-game moves in the WS. I'm not suggesting he should be fired, but the genius label was tarnished some.

  30. #65

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Another Abreu post, jfc.

    This one was spot on though:
    Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    Soler has more talent than Abreu, that is pretty much obvious.
    tripp blows

  31. #66

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    I think Schwarber will figure it out, but it may not be this season. Most guys come up, hit to all fields and hit line drives. And the last thing they get is power (a guy like Daniel Murphy comes to mind). But a guy like Murphy, or a Mookie Betts, has a complete knowledge of hitting. They don't have to muscle everything up. Schwarber ALWAYS has had power. At lower levels, he never had to make adjustments because he could just overpower the pitching. I'm sure at IU, if they tried to shift on him, he'd just hit the ball off the wall or over the fence.

    He does have a very good swing, and by all accounts, is intelligent. The league has adjusted to him, and now he has to make adjustments to them. Like has been posted earlier, he has a very low number of minor league at bats. So he's trying to learn on the fly what other hitters learned in the minors. Part of it is hitting lefties. Part of it is changing his two strike approach. Like I said earlier, I believe he will get it; it just may be another year or so down the line.

    It does reinforce just how tough the game of MLB is. How guys just can't go to MLB ball at age 19 or 20 and succeed.

  32. #67

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    I think Schwarber will figure it out, but it may not be this season. Most guys come up, hit to all fields and hit line drives. And the last thing they get is power (a guy like Daniel Murphy comes to mind). But a guy like Murphy, or a Mookie Betts, has a complete knowledge of hitting. They don't have to muscle everything up. Schwarber ALWAYS has had power. At lower levels, he never had to make adjustments because he could just overpower the pitching. I'm sure at IU, if they tried to shift on him, he'd just hit the ball off the wall or over the fence.

    He does have a very good swing, and by all accounts, is intelligent. The league has adjusted to him, and now he has to make adjustments to them. Like has been posted earlier, he has a very low number of minor league at bats. So he's trying to learn on the fly what other hitters learned in the minors. Part of it is hitting lefties. Part of it is changing his two strike approach. Like I said earlier, I believe he will get it; it just may be another year or so down the line.

    It does reinforce just how tough the game of MLB is. How guys just can't go to MLB ball at age 19 or 20 and succeed.
    Most guys who are power hitters come up and hit home runs; that's not something they learn to do in the bigs, it's a skill they posses and it's what got them to the big leagues. Schwarber is nothing like Murphy or Betts. He's more similar to Napoli or Gallo.

    Also, power doesn't make you void of making adjustments. If he didn't have to make adjustments it was because he had never really struggled before, not because he has power. Schwarber's problem and the reason he won't hit for average is because he's only hit 6 ground balls in his entire career left of where the short stop lines up. He will be a batting average victim of the shift his entire career; unless he wants to trade power for changing his swing which I don't see happening. He will always be a low BABIP player because the shift will eat him alive. Being a dead, ground ball, pull hitter in the big leagues as a lefty has become an issue because of the shifts. In the air, he sprays the ball to all fields, but when he hits the ball on the ground it's even more likely to be an out than it is for a non-shifted hitter.
    tripp blows

  33. #68

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    Can I honestly ask you why you have such a high opinion of your ability to evaluate players when you're consistently wrong on evaluating players? Please?

  34. #69

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    These 2 posters are stupid going back and forth like this. The White Sox belong in AAA ball and the Cubs belong in Little League!

  35. #70

    Default Re: Schwarber hitting a robust .196....

    The main reason why a comparison between Schwarber and Gallo is moronic is because Schwarber has a much better eye at the plate.

    Schwarber has a 1 to 2 walk to strikeout ratio in his career to this point, while Gallo has a 4 to 13 walk to strikeout ratio. Very different ability between the two young players to work an at bat.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •