Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 35 of 55

Thread: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

  1. #1

    Default Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Listen here:

    https://soundcloud.com/eye-on-gaming...ses-and-hockey


    Las Vegas-based sports betting professional Alan Dinkenson joined host John Kelly to discuss topics involving sports and specifically sports betting.

    Dink previewed a pair of Game 7s set for Wednesday night in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

    Dink also made a case for the Houston Rockets -6.5 over the San Antonio Spurs in Game 6 of the Western Conference semifinal round.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Dink made a case against Derby winner Always Dreaming in the Preakness Stakes set for May 20 (edit).

  3. #3

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Dink contributes to the radio show as a way to promote his favorite charity, Southern California Thoroughbred Rescue (www.sctbrescue.org).

  4. #4

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Dink made a case against Derby winner Always Dreaming in the Preakness Stakes set for May 13.
    Is he using analytics or simply his feel for the race before we know the entries?
    I usually root for the Derby winner as a general rule, but normally there is little value because the public is all over the horse.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Just listening to Dinks question about Kessler and his actions after being pushed into the net. Without knowing the rule, my opinion would be because Kessler was pushed into the net, that's a rule that's in place. But what he did after being pushed in the net is NOT. Therefore the only thing Toronto or whoever officially makes that call is obligated to rule on is the push. Something the league will no doubt address this off season after the obvious infraction. I never heard the judges reasoning on the ruling.
    Donald Trump is probably one of the most honest people in america right now - mr merlin 06-08-17

  6. #6

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Thanks for your insight, Bushay.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Dink made a case against Derby winner Always Dreaming in the Preakness Stakes set for May 13.
    I don't think the Preakness is this Saturday the 13th.

  8. #8
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Apr 30, 2006
    Location
    Lake Tahoe, CA
    Posts
    4,797

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Dink made a case against Derby winner Always Dreaming in the Preakness Stakes set for May 13.
    Excellent insight since the Preakness won't be run on May 13.

  9. #9
    EOG Addicted
    Join Date
    Jul 23, 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    867

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Need more Dink and Bobby the Owl appearances on EOG radio.

  10. #10
    EOG Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 24, 2016
    Location
    Hell on Wheels
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Dink flips series bet to Caps and loses his ass...sounds like a real professional gambler, NOT! Also JK make sure you mention at the beginning of your show
    Poser Zacks horrible blowout pick Wizards. A bunch of wankers.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    so if the Caps won I'm a great gambler....that's a sample size of one...thanks for your great insight

  12. #12

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by Whoson1st View Post
    I don't think the Preakness is this Saturday the 13th.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComptrBob View Post
    Excellent insight since the Preakness won't be run on May 13.

    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by lastyle7 View Post
    Dink flips series bet to Caps and loses his ass...sounds like a real professional gambler, NOT! Also JK make sure you mention at the beginning of your show
    Poser Zacks horrible blowout pick Wizards. A bunch of wankers.

    Add "wankers" to my EOG glossary.

  14. #14
    EOG Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 24, 2016
    Location
    Hell on Wheels
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by dinkenson View Post
    so if the Caps won I'm a great gambler....that's a sample size of one...thanks for your great insight
    Your Edmonton
    pick also loss and the majority of your picks on the radio are losers. So I'm confident you're nothing close to a professional gambler.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    So sad but four automatic fades in 2017 are Dink, Fezzik, Alan Boston and Dr. Bob.

  16. #16
    EOG Dedicated rdalert447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 20, 2007
    Location
    Catskills OTB
    Posts
    4,484

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by lastyle7 View Post
    Your Edmonton
    pick also loss and the majority of your picks on the radio are losers. So I'm confident you're nothing close to a professional gambler.
    Quote Originally Posted by texaswizzard View Post
    So sad but four automatic fades in 2017 are Dink, Fezzik, Alan Boston and Dr. Bob.
    This stuff should get the sharps posting here in no time.....

  17. #17
    EOG Dedicated rdalert447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 20, 2007
    Location
    Catskills OTB
    Posts
    4,484

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Guys out here cry that the pro's don't post here because of all the knuckleheads. The so called knuckleheads get banned, some pro's give out their opinions for free, and the pro's get attacked. JK tries to entice more professionals with contest appearances, and he gets buried. You fellas need to make up your minds on what you want from a forum.

  18. #18
    EOG Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 24, 2016
    Location
    Hell on Wheels
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by rdalert447 View Post
    Guys out here cry that the pro's don't post here because of all the knuckleheads. The so called knuckleheads get banned, some pro's give out their opinions for free, and the pro's get attacked. JK tries to entice more professionals with contest appearances, and he gets buried. You fellas need to make up your minds on what you want from a forum.
    Dink went 13-15 46.4% in the EOG contest, he always crys about how a team is terrible when he picked them. Like most touts never puts the blame on themselves, this guy isn't anywhere near a professional gambler, get a clue.

    On the other hand you have Railbird who wins on a consistent basis, palm tree seems to hold his own and heck why not nut6 he posts everyday and is up 152 units.

    I suppose poser Zack and Doctor Dave are professionals too.

  19. #19
    EOG Dedicated rdalert447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 20, 2007
    Location
    Catskills OTB
    Posts
    4,484

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    And as soon as those guys hit a small cold streak, they suck too, right? I'm not an apologist for these guys, I think for the most part they are thin skinned, egotistical, and sometimes condescending. But I've picked up useful nuggets from all of them, because they were gracious enough to share their hard work. I certainly don't want to see them chased off by guys desperate for picks.

  20. #20
    EOG Dedicated rdalert447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 20, 2007
    Location
    Catskills OTB
    Posts
    4,484

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    I've stated before that Zack should post one funny sports book story a week here, and guys would lay off of him. He has to see a hundred funny things a day, no? So while I knew two minutes into his first show not to follow his picks, he is working in the industry every day so there could be some entertainment there.

    And if you're gonna bring up Dink's sub par contest performance, don't leave out his half length loss in the Horse version. Anyone following for that month made money. Including me.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by ComptrBob View Post
    Excellent insight since the Preakness won't be run on May 13.
    😂😂😂

  22. #22

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by lastyle7 View Post

    On the other hand you have Railbird who wins on a consistent basis


  23. #23
    EOG Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 24, 2016
    Location
    Hell on Wheels
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by rdalert447 View Post
    I've stated before that Zack should post one funny sports book story a week here, and guys would lay off of him. He has to see a hundred funny things a day, no? So while I knew two minutes into his first show not to follow his picks, he is working in the industry every day so there could be some entertainment there.

    And if you're gonna bring up Dink's sub par contest performance, don't leave out his half length loss in the Horse version. Anyone following for that month made money. Including me.
    I don't follow anyone, only pointed out a few members who seem to win on a consistent basis, oh forgot to mention kenny the cop seems to be a winner and Bobby the Owl not too shabby. David Dee is always giving out a pick here or there that seems to win. I guess week in and week out you get tired of the same ol regulars who are promoted as "the best" like zack & dink on EOG radio. btw, I believe dink made most of his money as a bookie not a gambler. So let's just weed out the bs so we can get back to our regular scheduled program.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.

    Now there's something we can bet on without handicapping..

  25. #25

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    All four people I mentioned based on their own bets have lost over the last three years. They all clearly don't have an edge anymore. They are all four fades at this point.

  26. #26

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by texaswizzard View Post
    All four people I mentioned based on their own bets have lost over the last three years. They all clearly don't have an edge anymore. They are all four fades at this point.
    WTF. Dink's an auto fade? What are you saying here? And what is your definition of auto fade? lol

    I have differences of opinion with Dink many times. Usually, he doesn't post many opinions here but will on the radio. but never would I auto fade him or whatever the fuck that means to you. This is just an idiotic statement altogether. I still learn something from him damn near every time he's on the radio. As most do and you should too.

    Donald Trump is probably one of the most honest people in america right now - mr merlin 06-08-17

  27. #27

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Some guys like to take shots at others.

    Comes with the territory.

    I've learned a lot listening to Dink.

    His in-game strategy of "betting against what just happened" is the only way to go.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Here's another beauty: When two dead teams play against one another, bet against the team that is most recently deceased.

    Hilarious and true.

  29. #29

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Here's another beauty: When two dead teams play against one another, bet against the team that is most recently deceased.

    Hilarious and true.
    I remember him stating that a year or so back but thought it was the other way around. Either way, it was an interesting take.
    Donald Trump is probably one of the most honest people in america right now - mr merlin 06-08-17

  30. #30

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    The only handicapper, I would ignore 100% is the one that has the wrong date an event is to take place.. Then again. I like to fail with my own selections.

  31. #31

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by Whoson1st View Post
    The only handicapper, I would ignore 100% is the one that has the wrong date an event is to take place.. Then again. I like to fail with my own selections.

    You really know how to hurt a guy.

    I thought I performed my penance.


    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.

  32. #32

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushay View Post
    I remember him stating that a year or so back but thought it was the other way around. Either way, it was an interesting take.

    I don't think so.

    Dink's reasoning was that the team that was dead for four or five weeks would be properly graded by the betting marketplace whereas the team that was "freshly dead" still would experience some decline in their performance and some correction in the market.

  33. #33

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    You really know how to hurt a guy.

    I thought I performed my penance.


    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    The Preakness Stakes will be run on Saturday, May 20.
    Just teasing..... Have a moon pie and an R-C Cola... You're not yourself when you're hungry.

  34. #34
    EOG Dedicated rdalert447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 20, 2007
    Location
    Catskills OTB
    Posts
    4,484

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    JK should hedge with May 27th

  35. #35

    Default Re: Dink handicaps hoops, horses and hockey

    Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    I don't think so.

    Dink's reasoning was that the team that was dead for four or five weeks would be properly graded by the betting marketplace whereas the team that was "freshly dead" still would experience some decline in their performance and some correction in the market.
    Good stuff.
    Donald Trump is probably one of the most honest people in america right now - mr merlin 06-08-17

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •