The 2017 Cubs May Be Even Better (than the 2012 Cubs) (No, really) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 2017 Cubs May Be Even Better (than the 2012 Cubs) (No, really)

Default Re: The 2017 Cubs May Be Even Better (than the 2012 Cubs) (No, really)

Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    You new to baseball? When you move guys to the pen, their velocity spikes. Just common sense because they know they're out there for 20-30 pitches.
    lol this guy. Which is it, he has no velocity or he can throw 98/99? Do you just say things to say them? Then argue everything like Skip Bayless.

EOG Dedicated

arrieta wasn't anything with baltimore..... showalter knew it..... and he had to be doing something.... the rubber part sounded good.... not anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    What?

Who had expectations for Eddie Butler, other than maybe the Rockies?
    Butler has raw talent? This isn't 1920 anymore. His velocity is not that great and his control is bad and his off speed is mediocre and poorly controlled.
    Quote Originally Posted by BumgarnerWins View Post
    Also, lol at the idea the Cubs have no depth

Lester
    Arrieta
    Hendricks
    Lackey
    Anderson
    Montgomery
    Eddie Butler

I guess that's the benefit of being a great team. You know that if Eddie Butler starts a few games, you're probably 50/50 to win those games at worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by BumgarnerWins View Post

As for Eddie Butler, his stats get a lot more respectable on the road, and getting out of Coors field should do wonders for his psyche. Bosio will work his magic. He looks very good this spring.
    tripp blows

Quote Originally Posted by Seanie Mac View Post
    lol this guy. Which is it, he has no velocity or he can throw 98/99? Do you just say things to say them? Then argue everything like Skip Bayless.
    You hope he's a respectable #5, but I don't see it. His control is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Timelytowin View Post

lol classic Javy

lol classic Javy
    You're the one who quit on him because he gave up 2 ER in 9 innings this year

He just hasn't looked comfortable on the mound.

lol classic Javy
    Best part is his average fastball this year is 95 MPH (so far, we'll see after today where it stands) which is well above average and would rank him in the top 15 in all of baseball among starters.

He certainly does blow, but it's not his velocity that has caused him to blow.
    tripp blows

Best part is his average fastball this year is 95 MPH (so far, we'll see after today where it stands) which is well above average and would rank him in the top 15 in all of baseball among starters.

He certainly does blow, but it's not his velocity that has caused him to blow.
    You're missing the point of my posts, which are pretty obvious.

A 95 MPH fastball with terrible control is worthless. He'd need to throw 100 to get by with his lack of ability to locate.

Butler has raw talent? This isn't 1920 anymore. His velocity is not that great and his control is bad and his off speed is mediocre and poorly controlled.

Missing the point of his velocity is not that great when he's throwing harder than 95% of all MLB starters.
    tripp blows

Jesus Christ, this guy must have had a tough day mopping up vomit. Troll mode max setting.

Missing the point of his velocity is not that great when he's throwing harder than 95% of all MLB starters.
    I'll take a well located 92 MPH fastball to a pitcher who averages 95 and just throws it in the general direction of home plate because he can't control any better than that.

As I have said; I'm merely here to protect the board from the inaccurate and untrue sports posts you continually make time and time again.

Facts only.

The forums very own Anderson Pooper; keeping Scrubs honest since 2014.
    tripp blows

As I have said; I'm merely here to protect the board from the inaccurate and untrue sports posts you continually make time and time again.

Facts only.

The forums very own Anderson Pooper; keeping Scrubs honest since 2014.
    Yeah, like that Georgia State is 60% to go undefeated.

Or that Abreu's 0.321 WAR per $1,000,000 is more valuable baseball contract wise than Rizzo's 0.964 WAR per $1,000,000. Or that the Cubs are finished in the NLCS to the Dodgers after their game 3 shut out.

You have been a beacon of accurate predictions, FO SHO!

You're the one who quit on him because he gave up 2 ER in 9 innings this year

He just hasn't looked comfortable on the mound.
    Like I said I thought he would be Arrieta like, and you referenced Arrieta having the best 1st half ever. Did Jake ever have 3 inning 2ER 5BB outing in the 1h?

I'm sure butler would have continued to get rocked but he got pulled. 5 walks lol

You're missing the point of my posts, which are pretty obvious.

A 95 MPH fastball with terrible control is worthless. He'd need to throw 100 to get by with his lack of ability to locate.

You stated velocity was his problem, now it's control lol. Sometimes you just gotta fold, admit you were wrong and prob didn't know much about Eddie Butler. good grief you're like a carousel, just spinning and spinning and spinning everything. I give you credit you don't give up and just keep digging

You stated velocity was his problem, now it's control lol. Sometimes you just gotta fold, admit you were wrong and prob didn't know much about Eddie Butler. good grief you're like a carousel, just spinning and spinning and spinning everything. I give you credit you don't give up and just keep digging
    Huh? I know plenty about Eddie Butler. He's a Cub, and he's in the starting rotation. I watch every game. His velocity is not special enough to make up for his lack of control and his weak off speed. It is pretty simple. I don't know why you're letting the forum moron themanEJ drag you down to his level. you're better than that. We all are.

Wasn't Arrieta's problem before he came to the Cubs control? I really don't remember but that's what I think it was. He had good stuff too like Butler. Similar situation.

Huh? I know plenty about Eddie Butler. He's a Cub, and he's in the starting rotation. I watch every game. His velocity is not special enough to make up for his lack of control and his weak off speed. It is pretty simple. I don't know why you're letting the forum moron themanEJ drag you down to his level. you're better than that. We all are.

I agree with whoever I think has posted the best information. Could be anyone, could be you some time. One thing I don't do is discredit a post because of the poster, or discredit a team because of the poster.

Eddie Butler's biggest concern, much more than a few games of results, is that he has no balance in his delivery. His mechanics are an eye sore, and he couldn't possibly repeat his delivery over and over again with any consistency from watching it. That explains the lack of control, and it doesn't look like there's been significant improvement from last year on that.

Until he changes that, there's nothing to be excited about with him.

Bosio working his magic on Butler, just give it some time guys.

Let's give Javy a forum high five for better helping us understand Eddie Butler's mechanical flaws. What a blessing it his having this pitching savant among us.

Biggest concern was stuff, now it's mechanical problems. This guy is the best.
    tripp blows

Bosio working his magic on Butler, just give it some time guys.

Let's give Javy a forum high five for better helping us understand Eddie Butler's mechanical flaws. What a blessing it his having this pitching savant among us.

Biggest concern was stuff, now it's mechanical problems. This guy is the best.
    Called Arrieta's rise to cy young caliber in like early 2014 lmao.

You called Jon Garland's hall of fame induction.

Yep, you're the expert. Remember when you mocked me for suggesting Lester would contend for a Cy Young in Chicago? What did Lester do last year?

Oh right, it's in the past, which means you've been proven wrong, which means you've forgotten it.

Honestly I'd bet this cub team wins more games than the 2012 bunch. It might be a battle but I think they get there. Hopefully they avoid the brew crew the rest of the year.

Honestly I'd bet this cub team wins more games than the 2012 bunch. It might be a battle but I think they get there. Hopefully they avoid the brew crew the rest of the year.
    Do you think you'll ever get over the Cubs championship last year?

White Sox finally on the board vs a scrub lefty out in Seattle. Heyo.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTop View Post
    arrieta wasn't anything with baltimore..... showalter knew it..... and he had to be doing something.... the rubber part sounded good.... not anymore
    A friend and long time bettor told me when the Cubs traded for Arrieta that he had a great arm. Great movement but no command and Baltimore kept messing with his delivery. He just needed a change of scenery and not be given new advice every week.

Do you think you'll ever get over the Cubs championship last year?

White Sox finally on the board vs a scrub lefty out in Seattle. Heyo.
    Javy,

Don't you get tired of kicking his ass in these threads? I wonder if EOG is paying him to troll.

Javy,

Don't you get tired of kicking his ass in these threads? I wonder if EOG is paying him to troll.
    He became a parody of himself long ago. He really does loathe the Cubs. He always had the Trump card on the recent title though. When he lost that last year, his bitterness really took over.

Honestly, the worst argument he's ever seriously made that the 2005 White Sox were some historically great team. I believe they were like 43-39 outside of the division with an even run differential. Historical greatness? Now he will talk shit about the Cubs because they skull fucked the reds last year, forgetting they went 15-5 vs the AL and played very well against just about everyone. He even cited that reds dominance as proof they were overrated and that the Dodgers were exposing the overrated Cubs. The guy went all in on the anticubs nonsense and lost. Hes the equivalent of a bum on a Vegas bridge now.

Javy,

Lots of reactionary bullshit for a 25-21 team in first place with a +22 run differential and is finishing up the hardest part of their schedule.

EOG Dedicated

arrieta on the way to getting better....but that 1.42 hr rate a bit high......that is a bad stat when the teams get better in the playoffs.....

EOG Dedicated

cubs dodgers series up next....

sunday's matchup will be a good one.... lester vs kershaw ..does not get much better than that

No dog in the fight and this thread is a complete shitshow cause Javy is such a lunatic...

But Javy calling anyone a homer of epic proportions is so amazing and pathetic. Like it or not, you are the biggest homer I've ever seen on the boards. The cubs can do absolutely no wrong to you. You defend them as if someone is talking about your mother.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatNegroJ View Post
    No dog in the fight and this thread is a complete shitshow cause Javy is such a lunatic...

But Javy calling anyone a homer of epic proportions is so amazing and pathetic. Like it or not, you are the biggest homer I've ever seen on the boards. The cubs can do absolutely no wrong to you. You defend them as if someone is talking about your mother.
    Difference is the Cubs are very good. I am a bears and bulls fan too, so do you see me saying those teams are destined for championships shortly? Remember our arguments about Providence and you projected them as a 4 seed and I projected them as a bubble team or 9 seed. What happened there? You were exposed as a homer.

You can't call me a homer when I've been right about the Cubs the last 3 years. From 2009-2014, I also acknowledged their major league roster was a dumpster fire. I call it like it is, whether you want to believe it or not.

Lackey absolutely getting shelled in LA. Everything over the plate is hanging. Looks like batting practice pitches.
    Don't wake up in a roadside ditch

EOG Dedicated

cubs are having problems beating the good teams, though some matchups could be favoring the opposing teams in terms of the starting pitcher which could be corrected in the cubs favor come playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTop View Post
    cubs are having problems beating the good teams, though some matchups could be favoring the opposing teams in terms of the starting pitcher which could be corrected in the cubs favor come playoffs.
    Yeah. Some voiced a concern over the Cubs ability to beat good teams last year when the Dodgers were up 2-1 with Kershaw looming.

They've played a pretty good schedule when you consider how the teams are performing so far. The Reds and Brewers of the world are no longer push overs, while the Phillies, Braves, Mets, Marlins, and Padres are the push overs, and the Cubs have only played the Phillies from that group thus far I believe.

EOG Dedicated

cubs had problem with yanks and redsox this year.....considering how good the cubs were last year....... it took them to the last inning to beat a cleveland indian team short handed.

cubs clearly over rated.... I admit they are still good and will win their division this year..... BUT jury still out on going anywhere in playoffs but with theo there is a huge plus to plug up the holes. Any team with bryant and rizzo with pitching is dangerous.