Has there ever been a -500 ml fave in MLB? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has there ever been a -500 ml fave in MLB?

Default Re: Has there ever been a -500 ml fave in MLB?

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    I'll check my notes.

I saw Kershaw -550 somewhere here in Las Vegas.
    maybe, I linked the SBR odds in a post above. I was wrong too as I was looking at the wrong set of lines. He closed -485 at Pinnacle and 495 at 5 dimes. Vegas may have had a few -500 maybe even a -505 but unlikely -550. Thats why I said 450 because it matched one set I had and its also 450 not 550 which isnt hard to confuse going by memory. Best part of that game though was you have a -500 fav (close enough) and a 6 run total. (it went under)

I committed Kershaw -550 to memory because I thought it would be a point of contention.

Again, -500 was the prevailing number but I thought I saw a respected Vegas operation (CGT, WillHill or Westgate) with Kershaw closing at -550.

Not a big deal.

Interestingly, Bud Norris was traded to the Dodgers later in the 2016 season.

EOG Senior Member

maybe I'm wrong, but i don't recall mlb games lined that high in the 70's-90's.

BEANTOWNJIM IS A STIFF AND A FRAUD

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Youre wrong but not the first time.

You lack reading comprehension, but it's not the first time you've shown it off. Shocking lack of self awareness.

What I posted:

and no, there has never been a -500 at a book with legitimate lines, like Pinnacle/5 Dimes. This thread has been posted many times before.

In the past 10 years, I'm not sure there's been a single game which even closed at -400 at Pinnacle.
    Saying there has been a -400 doesn't make me wrong. It proves you have zero reading comprehension.

Thanks for proving that repeatedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by BEANTOWNJIM View Post
    MY FATHER WAS IN WORLD WAR 11 IN THE NAVY

I WILL PERSONALLY PAY ANYBODY THAT CAN LISTEN TO YISMAN FOR THE HOUR AND NOT FALL ASLEEP 500 DOLLARS

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    I was going to mention that. Highest playoff line in recent history. I bet Twins +2.5 at like -110 and I feel I should've won.

and no, there has never been a -500 at a book with legitimate lines, like Pinnacle/5 Dimes. This thread has been posted many times before.

In the past 10 years, I'm not sure there's been a single game which even closed at -400 at Pinnacle.
    Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    You lack reading comprehension, but it's not the first time you've shown it off. Shocking lack of self awareness.

What I posted:

Saying there has been a -400 doesn't make me wrong. It proves you have zero reading comprehension.

Thanks for proving that repeatedly.

I guess you missed what you wrote there and how I showed about a half a dozen games that closed -400 or more. And one that closed -500 at several books. And as close to 500 as you will see without gettin ghtere at Pinnacle and 4 Dimes.

BEANTOWNJIM IS A STIFF AND A FRAUD

I guess you still lack reading comprehension.

Nothing I said was wrong.
    MY FATHER WAS IN WORLD WAR 11 IN THE NAVY

I WILL PERSONALLY PAY ANYBODY THAT CAN LISTEN TO YISMAN FOR THE HOUR AND NOT FALL ASLEEP 500 DOLLARS

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by winkyduck View Post
    I know there was a ML the last game when Braves/Giants were tied for 1st on the last day of the season. I know because that weekend, Dad and I helped my sister move from OC to Vegas. That Sunday I made a 2-team parlay of Dodgers/Braves. I won it because Dodgers were something like +140 and won 12-1 in a game that was that "close" for most of it while the Braves won the NL West that day
    Yeah, the Braves games were very meaningful in the tight pennant race.

Back then the Internet hardly had any browsers. Many times books had no lines for games very late in the season in which the teams weren't in the pennant race. The books that I used and didn't have a ML line on the Braves were JA Nugget's independent book, Reno Hilton, using the LV Hilton's line and the Cal Neva/satellites.