Who will hit a HOME RUN on Friday, May 19?

Thread: Who will hit a HOME RUN on Friday, May 19?

Default Who will hit a HOME RUN on Friday, May 19?

If you are reading and posting in this daily thread(good job Yisser) you have to play the DFS mode that draftkings have started running this week

If youre not aware its completely different format,scoring etc,the biggest change is you only select 5 hitters + 1 pitcher,all you are looking for is dongs..Im breaking even on it atm,which is running well above my usual.
    This format also highlights the +EV of playing road players.

Default Re: WHO Will hit a HOME RUN Friday May 19

Another positive for this new format,all the games start within an hour of each other...no worrying about having a late hammer,being swamped by some west coast bullshit.

BEANTOWNJIM IS A STIFF AND A FRAUD

I've heard about arcade mode. The big differences I've heard mentioned are that you get a point for every PA and also a big bonus for a HR+steal or a grand slam.

I haven't played it yet.

So Trea Turner, Mike Trout, Paul Goldschmidt, etc. who have power and also are willing to steal.
    Quote Originally Posted by GameBred View Post
    Where you guys get the balls to treat LBJ in such a dismissive manner is bothersome to me. I'm no fanboy, I just respect greatness, in a sundry of fields, not just sports. If you don't at least show him respect, I'm not going to show you respect; same rules apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodrow Wilson View Post
    Rail last night on eog radio: "Darvish and Tanaka are the two best pitchers in baseball."

There is no stacking teams,the max hitters per team is 2.

My opinion,best way to play it is find 2/3 home pitchers to attack and 2/2/1 against them.
    The slate today is 7 games 0.05 to 0.35
    Phi@Pit
    Tor@Balt
    Col@Cincy
    Angels@Mets
    Yanks@Rays
    Texas@Det
    Wash@Atl

Nats will be the very obvious chalk against Dickster.
    Weather a worry in Cincy.

Im going to avoid the Nationals and hope Harper & Murphy dont find the seats.
    Still looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    I've heard about arcade mode. The big differences I've heard mentioned are that you get a point for every PA and also a big bonus for a HR+steal or a grand slam.

I haven't played it yet.

So Trea Turner, Mike Trout, Paul Goldschmidt, etc. who have power and also are willing to steal.
    yes you get a pt for a PA,1pt is very minimal given the scoring system,but as always that possibility of an extra PA is huge.

I'm up to 7 after Kris Bryant finally homered yesterday.

On another note:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...518-story.html
    Where you guys get the balls to treat LBJ in such a dismissive manner is bothersome to me. I'm no fanboy, I just respect greatness, in a sundry of fields, not just sports. If you don't at least show him respect, I'm not going to show you respect; same rules apply.
    Rail last night on eog radio: "Darvish and Tanaka are the two best pitchers in baseball."

Quote Originally Posted by ManchesterUk View Post
    yes you get a pt for a PA,1pt is very minimal given the scoring system,but as always that possibility of an extra PA is huge.
    it makes lineup position more important than regular DFS. The extra point is enough to dissuade you from taking 7-9 hitters you might be willing to take a shot on in regular DFS (those guys are low owned).

also of course you'd want to avoid platoon guys who may be lifted mid-game.

Default Re: Who will hit a HOME RUN on Friday, May 19?

Yeah if you can find a kid who dongs and gets a steal,thats worth an extra 10pt
    on a tangent,Turners numbers this year are rank bad if you take away that series at Coors where he went beserk,Im hoping hes high owned again tonight,he will be against Dickey right?,prob goes mad

• Hitters will accumulate points as follows:
      • Plate Appearance = +1 PT
      • Hit = +5 PTs
      • Run = +6.75 PTs
      • Run Batted In = +6.75 PTs
      • Stolen Base = +12.5 PTs
      • Base on Balls = +3.2 PTs
      • Hit by Pitch = +3.2 PTs
      • Sacrifice Fly = +3.2 PTs
      • Bonuses
      • Double = +2 PTs
      • Triple = +4 PTs
      • Home Run = +15 PTs
      • Grand Slam = +10 PTs
      • Home Run/Stolen Base Combo = +10 PTs (Max 1 per player)
      • 1st Hit = +5 PTs (Max 1 per player)

• Pitchers will accumulate points as follows:
      • Inning Pitched = +4.2 PTs
      • Strikeout = +4.5 PTs
      • Win = +9 PTs
      • Earned Run Allowed = -4.5 PTs
      • Hit Against = -1.2 PTs
      • Base on Balls Against = -1.2 PTs
      • Hit Batsman = -1.2 PTs
      • Complete Game = +5 PTs
      • Complete Game Shutout = +5 PTs
      • No-hitter = +10 PTs

haha yeah I just did a podcast where I brought that up.

DK has been pricing Turner above 5k every day until just a few days ago. That's above Correa, Seager, Lindor, etc.

And all based on a couple of big games at Coors.

DK's pricing has been terrible this season.

whats the pod yisser? Im all ears during baseball season,dm me if you prefer

going to go through the home pitchers in an hour and post em up,see if we can find some to attack bar Dickey,I am very anti chalk..most times it doesnt work out,but that time it does..

ok,back in a bit when Ive typed some shit out and scoped it out.

You have 5 shots at getting a dinger,hit 3 and youre cashing,unless you pitcher shits the bed of course.

my best play in the zombie mode slate

Jose Bautista

Yisser,what happend when you did the pod with JK? you were excellent on that with the Canadian lad with JK was very subdued,anyway,v good

Some advice tho,dont waste your time listening to them clowns at rotogrinders,especially that fat kid siege(I guess youve figured this out yourself by now tho),complete shite and a waste of time.
    These mugs think #VegasKnows ,never heard so much bullshit in all my life,how these clowns make a living at this is beyond me.

No marine layer tonight btw

Quote Originally Posted by ManchesterUk View Post
    Yisser,what happend when you did the pod with JK? you were excellent on that with the Canadian lad with JK was very subdued,anyway,v good

Some advice tho,dont waste your time listening to them clowns at rotogrinders,especially that fat kid siege(I guess youve figured this out yourself by now tho),complete shite and a waste of time.
    These mugs think #VegasKnows ,never heard so much bullshit in all my life,how these clowns make a living at this is beyond me.

No marine layer tonight btw

Seige is pretty bad, Tony is even worse. All he does is talk "Vegas" numbers. Heck, LV isn't even setting the lines nowadays.

JK podcast was on a Friday night at 1-2 AM here.

Can't be loud at that time. I know I came off strange on that one but I had no choice. That was the hour JK did the show.

This one was done on a normal night at a more normal hour.

Got ya,makes sense
    on main slate,think KC could be sneaky stack & am bearish on Karns.mega own% ,plus 2 starts with the Chisox

GL tonight mate

EOG Dedicated

Matt Kemp (12)
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

thanks

my pick here is Bryce Harper to homer (7)

chalk!

as for DFS, hard not to use Arizona against Weaver

"A Bush in the hand is better than two in the house"

Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Martinez

Aaron Alther

Ryan Zimmerman (13)

Marcell Ozuna ( 11)