Is it time to start taking the Brewers seriously?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it time to start taking the Brewers seriously?

Default Is it time to start taking the Brewers seriously?

My initial thought was "no," but I changed my mind a week or so ago.

More than just the mashing at the plate, there are showing me a great deal more intelligence and discipline in their approach as opposed to recent years.

Butler threw 88 pitches through 3 innings today, and the Brewers only scored 2 runs. I think 10 batters went to 3 ball counts. Given the weather conditions, they knew that had to come in, work counts and get runners on base as opposed to just trying to hit every ball out. Rizzo has already had a home run taken away by the wind, and possibly Happ did as well.

I like this Milwaukee team a lot, and I think it's going to be awhile before they get much respect at the window.

Default Re: Is it time to start taking the Brewers seriously?

I would say no. Them and the Rockies have the highest chance for regression. They can mash the ball for sure but what happens when they hit a cold streak?

Doesn't mean much beating the Cubs; let's wait until they play a real team.
    tripp blows

You never miss an oppurtunity

Quote Originally Posted by Seanie Mac View Post
    You never miss an oppurtunity
    He's a troll. He lives for that. Can't blame him. Late 20s and working for hourly pay. Must be a nightmare, I feel bad for him.

hourly pay isn't a bad thing stop it javy. my dad is hourly and makes great money. I'm salary and some weeks I work 50 hours and don't get compensated for that OT

hourly pay isn't a bad thing stop it javy. my dad is hourly and makes great money. I'm salary and some weeks I work 50 hours and don't get compensated for that OT
    hourly pay when you're 100% expendable ain't a good thing, Seanie.

I dont know what he does for a living and I don't really care. but thats what you guys have come to, dissing each other about payroll lol?

I dont know what he does for a living and I don't really care. but thats what you guys have come to, dissing each other about payroll lol?
    I've offered him 500 truces. He would rather troll the Cubs in every thread on this site. That's his choice. It's a sad one, but it's his to make until JK bans him.

JK isn't banning anyone, he promotes free speech

JK isn't banning anyone, he promotes free speech
    Just saying, I've offered him a mutual agreement to not insult or troll each other. He refuses or ignores such offers and continues trolling. This is his favorite past time in between his shifts, it's pretty obvious.

so fight him, and put in on WSHH. show him who's boss, chiraq style

I'm not taking the Brewers seriously this year. They're better than 80% of the NL East, but they're still in a division with the Cubs.

they need to get rid of wily peralta and hope that Garza doesn't hit the DL again soon

Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    I'm not taking the Brewers seriously this year. They're better than 80% of the NL East, but they're still in a division with the Cubs.
    Most teams are better than 80% of the NL East.

Most teams are better than 80% of the NL East.
    I'd say the Brewers were the 6th or 7th best team in the NL. Since 5 teams make the playoffs, it wouldn't be unfair to say they have some fringe wild card hopes if things shake out well for them and they make a few trades at the deadline.

Won a C-note this afternoon on the Brewers beating up on the Little League Cubs. Cubs really are a Little League team. Have a wager now on the Giants to win another C-note

EOG Dedicated

too early for the brewers....but they are ahead of the cubs

I like the Brewers lineup a lot. The starting pitching leaves a lot to be desired but there are a couple of pitchers in the minors that could probably help. I'd like to see them call up Brandon Woodruff who's put up awesome #'s at Colorado Springs which is the toughest place to pitch in all of minor league baseball.

Agree.

Garza also needs to keep throwing like the second coming of Greg Maddux.

I would say no. Them and the Rockies have the highest chance for regression. They can mash the ball for sure but what happens when they hit a cold streak?
    Not sure I agree on the Rockies. I think the pitching holds up. It's their road record that has me feeling good about them. In fact I'm dangerously close to betting them to win the division if I can find +400 or better.

I diss him about his payroll? I must have missed that.

The best part of scrubs rips is they're never true. I haven't been an hourly employee anywhere since I graduated from College.

It's tough to accept the Brewers being better than the Cubs though so it's best for him to just deflect.
    tripp blows

Quote Originally Posted by ejd_5277 View Post
    Not sure I agree on the Rockies. I think the pitching holds up. It's their road record that has me feeling good about them. In fact I'm dangerously close to betting them to win the division if I can find +400 or better.
    I hate the Rockies staff, I could easily be wrong about them but nothing about it screams good to me. They have been very good so far this year though. Just my gut says they fall off. But you're right they're winning on the road better than at home

Big Jon Gray fan; think he can be dominant. IDK about the rest of them, but they are solid for the firs time in a long time; none are great, but they have a few solid reliable starters.
    tripp blows

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

I'd say the Brewers were the 6th or 7th best team in the NL. Since 5 teams make the playoffs, it wouldn't be unfair to say they have some fringe wild card hopes if things shake out well for them and they make a few trades at the deadline.
    Pretty good spot to be in when their SWT was 69.5. We all know that Garza won't keep,it up.
    Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
    -

Really hard not to play them today with Arietta pitching and the Cubs short bullpen today. Brewers TT over also worth a serious look. Weather could be a major issue, but that's where the Cubs short BP comes into play.

Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    Really hard not to play them today with Arietta pitching and the Cubs short bullpen today. Brewers TT over also worth a serious look. Weather could be a major issue, but that's where the Cubs short BP comes into play.
    Cubs finally made the right play and canceled the game early and gave everyone a break from being at the park all day.

pissed the cubs game and royals game were canceled, had some sick DFS value plays in those games.

Cubs finally made the right play and canceled the game early and gave everyone a break from being at the park all day.
    Yeah, it's miserable out there. Sounds like it'll get worse as the day progresses also.
    Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
    -

Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    Yeah, it's miserable out there. Sounds like it'll get worse as the day progresses also.
    I'm on the other side here. Unless there are field issues i don't understand this postponement. Somebody check a radar! It stopped raining in Chicago 30 minutes ago and won't start again for several hours.

Cubs just hoping they can skip Arrieta in the rotation.
    tripp blows

Field flooded, would take hours to get it ready, and there's another band of rain coming in eventually for a delay. Why put your players through that over and over again?

Quote Originally Posted by Timelytowin View Post
    Cubs just hoping they can skip Arrieta in the rotation.

Not sure if cleaning up puke is expendable or not

lol a bar that pays its janitor a salary rather than hourly... revolutionary