Bryce Harper to the Cubs?

Thread: Bryce Harper to the Cubs?

Default Bryce Harper to the Cubs?

https://www.thescore.com/news/1270751

Don't fret, Sox fans. You've got hope too. Dayan Viciedo is working hard for the Chunichi Dragons or something and has the White Sox pegged as his top choice when he makes his dramatic return to the lower 48!

Default Re: Bryce Harper to the Cubs?

Keep dreaming homer boy....he goes to the Yankees.....no way to Chicago.....
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

kind of like Durant to Golden State....
    "Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."--W. C. Fields

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Real cub fans don't worry about the Sox.

wsox fans deserving of every bit of grief they receive

Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    good thread

wasn't enough cubs threads

Cubs need to worry more about rebuilding their aging pitching staff than adding another slugger

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Cubs need to worry more about rebuilding their aging pitching staff than adding another slugger
    This

odd to post at 3:15 AM (2:15 AM CHI) for an attorney who bills at a WEEKLY rate of 60+ hours.
    EoG 500 Champion (2/2014)
    EoG NBA Post-Up 2nd Place (2015)

True, but couldn't we also say this about the Dodgers?

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    True, but couldn't we also say this about the Dodgers?
    Dodgers have a much deeper trove of pitchers in the minors than the Cubs do so I'd say they're already rebuilding their staff.

The nationals are the best offense in recent memory in baseball, a division where they are almost always guaranteed to make the playoffs and he is promised more enormous pay days, amazing pitching staff, and they just need a closer to be a dream team .

Why would he leave the nationals to go play with a yankees team that has only been in one playoff game in the last 4 years ( losing a wild card game) in a rough division or a cubs team that is in a brutal division and will be in a fight to make the playoffs this year

Lebron loves the east, tom brady loves the afc east, and harp loves the nl east, its the gift that keeps on giving every year

I don't think anyone at all would look at the current NL Central and call it "brutal."

Quote Originally Posted by brockboogienigh View Post
    The nationals are the best offense in recent memory in baseball, a division where they are almost always guaranteed to make the playoffs and he is promised more enormous pay days, amazing pitching staff, and they just need a closer to be a dream team .

Why would he leave the nationals to go play with a yankees team that has only been in one playoff game in the last 4 years ( losing a wild card game) in a rough division or a cubs team that is in a brutal division and will be in a fight to make the playoffs this year

Lebron loves the east, tom brady loves the afc east, and harp loves the nl east, its the gift that keeps on giving every year
    Harper grew up a big Yankees fan and its rumored that's his dream destination. The Yanks can and will pay amounts what other teams can't match. I'd imagine Harper looks at the short porch in Yankee Stadium and has visions of going after Bonds' record. I don't like the Yankees by the way so I'm hoping it doesn't happen.

Dodgers have a much deeper trove of pitchers in the minors than the Cubs do so I'd say they're already rebuilding their staff.
    But the Cubs are loaded with position player prospects, who could easily be used as trade bait for young pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeemer View Post
    odd to post at 3:15 AM (2:15 AM CHI) for an attorney who bills at a WEEKLY rate of 60+ hours.
    hows your sub 100 law school?

your degree gonna be more useful as toilet paper, kiddo. Not even an insult, just the honest truth. Every state is raising standards on bar exam lately bc too many attorneys, these shitty unranked law schools need to close down the doors

Lol, weave us another one Javy.....

Weekly billing requirement

hahahaha
    EoG 500 Champion (2/2014)
    EoG NBA Post-Up 2nd Place (2015)

Harper grew up a big Yankees fan and its rumored that's his dream destination. The Yanks can and will pay amounts what other teams can't match. I'd imagine Harper looks at the short porch in Yankee Stadium and has visions of going after Bonds' record. I don't like the Yankees by the way so I'm hoping it doesn't happen.
    Along with Kris Bryant on the Cubs , Bryce Harper has 2 Las Vegas friends playing on the Yankees.. Chris Carter.. Chasen Shreve. .
    Harper also had input with the Nationals signing his high school buddy from UNLV Erick Fedde (RHP)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeemer View Post
    Lol, weave us another one Javy.....

Weekly billing requirement

hahahaha
    it must feel good knowing all your law school alum friends have assistant manager jobs at gas stations and bars to help you out if push comes to shove

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Time View Post
    Along with Kris Bryant on the Cubs , Bryce Harper has 2 Las Vegas friends playing on the Yankees.. Chris Carter.. Chasen Shreve. .
    Harper also had input with the Nationals signing his high school buddy from UNLV Erick Fedde (RHP)
    What are the chances Carter and Shreve are even Yankees come 2019? Gammons said Harper preferred the Cubs and Harper and Bryant have both admitted they've discussed 'maybe jokingly' teaming up and spending a long time together. A bit different than someone like Chris Carter or Shreve who might be out of the league by 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
    Keep dreaming homer boy....he goes to the Yankees.....no way to Chicago.....
    You told me the Cubs had zero chance to win it all in 2016 and also that the Phillies were on the up and up this year.

You'll excuse me if I value your baseball opinions at approximately 0.0000000000000000000000.

Hilarious that the op of this thread (which is about the cubs) is the clown that was complaining about the number of threads about the cubs. Quite a logical thinker......

Please post another poll about who here wants to see you posting!
    "Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie, but we gotta fight"
    -Slim Charles (also the new motto of pregame.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    Hilarious that the op of this thread (which is about the cubs) is the clown that was complaining about the number of threads about the cubs. Quite a logical thinker......

Please post another poll about who here wants to see you posting!
    The mentally unhinged geezer having a senior moment with a diaper full of shit going from thread to thread blaming Donald Trump for a Bernie Sanders supporter killing 2 people on a train doesn't like my posts? Oh no!

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    But the Cubs are loaded with position player prospects, who could easily be used as trade bait for young pitching.
    You make a good point here and I agree with you.

EOG Dedicated

it depends what harper wants... anywhere he goes he will make $$$ after 2018

I'd be shocked if harper left Wash this year and I'd faint if he went to the Cubs if he did leave.

EOG Dedicated

i thought he signed for 2018 with wash for 1 year???

BEANTOWNJIM IS A STIFF AND A FRAUD

Quote Originally Posted by MrTop View Post
    i thought he signed for 2018 with wash for 1 year???
    He did.
    Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    darvish ryu are the 2 best pitchers, id use Kershaw in set up roll for jansen.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodrow Wilson View Post
    Rail last night on eog radio: "Darvish and Tanaka are the two best pitchers in baseball."

Quote Originally Posted by MrTop View Post
    it depends what harper wants... anywhere he goes he will make $$$ after 2018
    Opening bid at $25 mil.

The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

The Nationals play a day-night doubleheader against the lowly Giants on Sunday.