EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (John Kelly is our July contestant) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (John Kelly is our July contestant)

Default Re: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (John Kelly is our July contestant)

Ahhhhhh I forgot about the juice restriction...

Sucks.

BEANTOWNJIM IS A STIFF AND A FRAUD

Default Re: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (John Kelly is our July contestant)

pushes do help if you get a second
    Quote Originally Posted by GameBred View Post
    Where you guys get the balls to treat LBJ in such a dismissive manner is bothersome to me. I'm no fanboy, I just respect greatness, in a sundry of fields, not just sports. If you don't at least show him respect, I'm not going to show you respect; same rules apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodrow Wilson View Post
    Rail last night on eog radio: "Darvish and Tanaka are the two best pitchers in baseball."

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    pushes do help if you get a second

I'll try to use that angle to my advantage.

Thanks YIS.

602 Dallas Wings -4.5

JK not home again?

TYVM Morgan William!!! winkyduck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Rules:

• Contestant will post 30 plays in 30 days (one play per day) starting the first of the month.
    • Games must be played within a 30-day time frame.
    • Major North American sports only: NFL, NCAAF, NHL, NBA, NCAAB, MLB, CFL and WNBA.
    • Sides and Totals -110 or LOWER.
    • Contestants are graded against Pinnacle numbers at the time of post.
    • Must hit 60% or better to be declared a winner of the $1,000 prize.
    • Cannot play both sides of the same game.
    Hitting 60% at -110 means going 18-12 gets it done or +4.8 units

I have long said the way this SHOULD be done is: Units Won

Let people pick anything up to -150 but then allow them to take +150 dogs, too - and give them the chance to win at least 4.8 units by going 15-15 or even worse

That is how things are done in "real life" and not doing "Units Won" is a bad way of doing things
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

Agree with Winky here.

Units won a much better indicator of handicapping ability. As Winky pointed out, 4.8 units is the same as 18-12 @ -110.

955-956 Pirates-Phillies UNDER 9 runs (-108)

Final score: Pirates 6 Phillies 3.

Current record is 2-2-2.

905-906 Atlanta Braves-Washington Nationals UNDER 8 runs (-107)

Get hot, JK.

maybe stick to the west coast for your MLB unders for awhile, JK.

Better ballparks, better bullpens.

905-906 Atlanta Braves-Washington Nationals UNDER 8 runs (-107)

Final score: Nationals 5 Braves 4 (10 innings).

There's no crying in the sports book.

Current record is 2-3-2.

979-980 Chicago White Sox-Colorado Rockies UNDER 11 runs

EOG Dedicated

Final score: Nationals 5 Braves 4 (10 innings).

There's no crying in the sports book.

Current record is 2-3-2.
    Atlanta led 4-1 bottom 9, the Nats scored 3 to tie it. We both suffered bad beats in that game as I had the Braves at a huge dog price
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

JK still not home.

979-980 Chicago White Sox-Colorado Rockies UNDER 11 runs

Final score: White Sox 5 Rockies 4.

Back to .500 with a record of 3-3-2.

923-924 Detroit Tigers-Cleveland Indians UNDER 8 runs

A nice 4 or 5 game winning streak would be in order....
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

8 outs away from...

I am Wayne Allyn rooting for you, JK. 8 pushy means Tigers win.

923-924 Detroit Tigers-Cleveland Indians UNDER 8 runs
    A push that feels like a win.

Final score: Tigers 5 Indians 3.

Current record is 3-3-3, can't make it up.

EOG Dedicated

Current record is 3-3-3, can't make it up.
    Already in second place all-time for # of pushes, one away from tying the all-time record of 4.

Need 13-7-1 or better to get the moola.

Difficult month to hit 60%.
    The All-Star break is one of my least favorite weeks on the annual sports calendar. Though it signals the start of college football prep for me.
    Here's to a 2-0-19 finish ...

Quote Originally Posted by ComptrBob View Post
    Already in second place all-time for # of pushes, one away from tying the all-time record of 4.

Need 13-7-1 or better to get the moola.

The guy even spells "moola" correctly.

He should, he has plenty of it.

Quote Originally Posted by brians View Post
    Difficult month to hit 60%.
    The All-Star break is one of my least favorite weeks on the annual sports calendar. Though it signals the start of college football prep for me.
    Here's to a 2-0-19 finish ...

Here's to a 2-0-19 finish, funny.

NBA Summer League - 713 Los Angeles Clippers PK (-108) over the Milwaukee Bucks

BEANTOWNJIM IS A STIFF AND A FRAUD

That's not going to help your chances of going 2-0-19!
    Quote Originally Posted by GameBred View Post
    Where you guys get the balls to treat LBJ in such a dismissive manner is bothersome to me. I'm no fanboy, I just respect greatness, in a sundry of fields, not just sports. If you don't at least show him respect, I'm not going to show you respect; same rules apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodrow Wilson View Post
    Rail last night on eog radio: "Darvish and Tanaka are the two best pitchers in baseball."

Final score: Clippers 100 Bucks 93.

Head above water with a record of 4-3-3.

I'll pass on the All-Star Game tomorrow and instead focus on an NBA Summer League game between San Antonio and Portland.

Nice. Clips were down 8 points or so about midway through the 3rd when I happened to glance at it.

Quote Originally Posted by ejd_5277 View Post
    Nice. Clips were down 8 points or so about midway through the 3rd when I happened to glance at it.

Stuck 13 when the Clippers finally decided to play.

A 24-4 run spanning the third and fourth quarters saw the Clips go from a 9.5-point underdog in live wagering at William Hill to a 9.5-point favorite.

In play wagering on Summer League?

just when I thought I had seen it all...

NBA Summer League - 501 San Antonio Spurs -3 (-107) at Pinnacle

Final score: Spurs 99 Blazers 85.

Current record is 5-3-3.

654 Chicago Sky +3 (-110) at Pinnacle

Sky +3.5 available elsewhere.