MLB trades, rumors and news - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MLB trades, rumors and news

Default Re: MLB trades, rumors and news

Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal

Source: #Yankees close to getting Frazier, Robertson and Kahnle from #WhiteSox for prospects.

Bob Nightengale @BNightengale

Reliever Tyler Clippard also in package the #WhiteSox will receive from #Yankees, per @Feinsand, helping offset Frazier/Robertson contracts

LHP Ian Clarkin, #Yankees No. 17 prospect who's in his 4th season at Class A Tampa after series of injuries,also in deal, per @Joelsherman1

The #Yankees and Brian Cashman doing a brilliant job rebuilding and winning at same time, and will have Robertson/Kahnle in 2018, as well

So will Robertson be the 7th inning guy?

Chapman/Betances/Robertson/Kahnle

Houston no longer has the best bullpen.

Agree. Astros getting beat to the punch on all the trades. Maybe they go hard after Britton now?

What a difference a year makes for Cashman.

Brewers probably in the battle with the Cubs for Avila, now that Vogt is out for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    Brewers probably in the battle with the Cubs for Avila, now that Vogt is out for a month.
    Best thing for the Brewers future is to lose out to July 31st and not waste any prospects.

So I guess thinking long term, I should want the Brewers to try to take the NL Central this year. I don't think it's happening either way.

Isn't Stros Devenski still the best middle guy in the game?

JD Martinez bat in the middle of D-Backs lineup huge. Poor SFG....been trying to get him since Jan.

Cubs should trade for Cozart if Bryant injury is significant. Rental, shouldn't cost a boat load.

After the Royals resurgence, they've hit another slump. I wonder if the Cubs would seek Moustakis?

Quote Originally Posted by Heim View Post
    JD Martinez bat in the middle of D-Backs lineup huge. Poor SFG....been trying to get him since Jan.
    Jon Morosi@jonmorosi

J.D. Martinez's 1.661 OPS vs. left-handed pitching is the best in @MLB this year (min. 40 PA). @MLBNetwork @Dbacks

EOG Dedicated

Default Re: MLB trades, rumors, and news

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    I know the Marlins have made everyone in their bullpen available, the two guys that should attract some attention are AJ Ramos and David Phelps, especially Phelps since he can start or relieve
    AP is reporting the Marlins have traded right handed reliever David Phelps to the Seattle Mariners in exchange for four prospects, including highly regarded outfielder Brayan Hernandez
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by rico1 View Post
    Agree. Astros getting beat to the punch on all the trades. Maybe they go hard after Britton now?

What a difference a year makes for Cashman.

cashman is sharp and owners have the $$$.... a year away IMO then they could make a real run.

Heyman says Jaime Garcia to the Twins. Smart move, division is theirs if they want it.

Heyman says Jaime Garcia to the Twins. Smart move, division is theirs if they want it.
    Maybe a change of scenery will get his walk issues under control. He's got talent, but not enough to produce good results with all those walks.

I guess the Braves aren't going to make a run at the wildcard like I thought they might. This is good news for the entire NL Central as well as the Rockies.

Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    Maybe a change of scenery will get his walk issues under control. He's got talent, but not enough to produce good results with all those walks.
    Agreed, also a major upgrade over Colon.

Quote Originally Posted by ejd_5277 View Post
    I guess the Braves aren't going to make a run at the wildcard like I thought they might. This is good news for the entire NL Central as well as the Rockies.
    I was with you thinking the Braves could be buyers. Sadly, not the case. I have the Cubs winning the central with the Pirates as one of the wild-cards. Doesn't appear that Bridich is in on Sonny Gray or any other pitching for that matter, Rockies don't get to play the Padres again until September. And now they face-off with the smoking-hot Bucs. Big series this weekend between those two clubs.

EOG Dedicated

Trade is off, Garcia pitching for the Braves tonight

Morosi: Theo talking to Texas, Darvish his next target.

If I were Theo I would be more worried about shoring up the middle/long relief as this point than I would be about going after another starter.

Cubs will have to pay a heavy price for Darvish...

SportsOptions/Line up with the pros

Sigh. As I posted last night Rays need to pick up a closer. Two guys on the radar, would guess nothing gets done.

Wasted a splendid outting from Cobb tonight. Thanks Colome you f'ing bum!

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McIrish View Post
    Sigh. As I posted last night Rays need to pick up a closer. Two guys on the radar, would guess nothing gets done.

Wasted a splendid outting from Cobb tonight. Thanks Colome you f'ing bum!
    He isn't Kenley Jansen, but AJ Ramos is available and he probably wouldn't cost much, a mid level prospect maybe. Also, the Marlins and Rays have a history of making trades including Echevarria a few weeks ago. I give the Rays credit, looking at the payrolls of the Red Sox and Yankees, it isn't easy for a team like Tampa to compete with teams like that, but they hang in there

BEANTOWNJIM IS A STIFF AND A FRAUD

Jaime Garcia to the Twins now official
    Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    darvish ryu are the 2 best pitchers, id use Kershaw in set up roll for jansen.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodrow Wilson View Post
    Rail last night on eog radio: "Darvish and Tanaka are the two best pitchers in baseball."

DFA Grimm. Send Uehara to mop up duty. Trade for Britton. Cubs win central easily if they do that.

DFA Grimm. Send Uehara to mop up duty. Trade for Britton. Cubs win central easily if they do that.
    Cubs shouldn't be in a position to have to manuever to win the division. The NL Central is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Cubs shouldn't be in a position to have to manuever to win the division. The NL Central is garbage.
    cool input

EOG Dedicated

You're right, comparing the rosters of every team, the Cubs should have close to a ten game lead in that division. I'm sure when it's all said and done the Cubs will win it, but it really shouldn't be this tough. Like Maddon said, the best thing about his club so far is their geography

BEANTOWNJIM IS A STIFF AND A FRAUD

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news...v13icut4gpkmlu

The Royals entered Monday's game against the Tigers in a tie with the Rays for the second wild card spot. After seeing the Rays make a trade for a reliever, the 2015 champions did one better, trading for three Padres pitchers, including 2010 All-Star Trevor Cahill.
    In addition to Cahill, who is 4-3 with a 3.69 ERA this season for the rebuilding Padres, Kansas City received left-handed reliever Ryan Buchter and righty Brandon Maurer in exchange for left-handed pitchers Matt Strahm and No. 5 starter Travis Wood, minor league infielder Esteury Ruiz and cash considerations, the team announced Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    darvish ryu are the 2 best pitchers, id use Kershaw in set up roll for jansen.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodrow Wilson View Post
    Rail last night on eog radio: "Darvish and Tanaka are the two best pitchers in baseball."

The NL East and AL Central are both worse than the NL Central, so this is a pretty silly argument. Oh no, the NL Central is the 4th best division out of 6 this year. Probably the same douches that didn't think it was unfair when the NL Central had 3 97 win teams and 2 of them were in the wild card elimination game despite having the best 3 teams in baseball.

The NL East and AL Central are both worse than the NL Central, so this is a pretty silly argument. Oh no, the NL Central is the 4th best division out of 6 this year. Probably the same douches that didn't think it was unfair when the NL Central had 3 97 win teams and 2 of them were in the wild card elimination game despite having the best 3 teams in baseball.
    Youd rather be in the NL East competing against the Nats?

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Jaime Garcia to the Twins now official
    Heyman right-on-time as usual. Was a health concern on the Braves part. Funny thing is, they tried to start a "bidding-war" He was going to the Twins all-along.

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Youd rather be in the NL East competing against the Nats?
    Since Dusty is managing, yes.
    Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
    -

Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    Since Dusty is managing, yes.
    Im totally with ya on Dusty, but I think the Nats are tougher competition than any team the Cubs have to compete with in the NLCentral regardless of manager.