EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (NUT6 is our August contestant)
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (NUT6 is our August contestant)

Default EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (NUT6 is our August contestant)

Rules:

• Contestant will post 30 plays in 30 days (one play per day) starting the first of the month.
    • Games must be played within a 30-day time frame.
    • Major North American sports only: NFL, NCAAF, NHL, NBA, NCAAB, MLB, MLS, CFL and WNBA.
    • Full-game sides and totals -150 or LOWER.
    • Contestants are graded against Pinnacle numbers at the time of post.
    • Must hit 60% or better or win 4.8 units or more to be declared a winner of the $1,000 prize.
    • Cannot play both sides of the same game.

Default Re: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (NUT6 is our August contestant)

NUT6 requested a change to the format to allow him more freedom with his MLB selections.

Management approved his request.

Default Re: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (NUT6 is our August contestant)

Good luck, Nut!

NUT6 requested a change to the format to allow him more freedom with his MLB selections.

Winky was actually the member who suggested the change.
    I just concurred and offered to be the first to try the new format.

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by nut6 View Post

Winky was actually the member who suggested the change.
    I just concurred and offered to be the first to try the new format.
    You aren't the first to use "Units Won", Discreet Cat used this format in the April 2016 Grand Challenge.

Since Pinnacle typically doesn't use 20 cent lines on major sports, a -110 line is relatively rare for them. No Challenge capper has ever used anything close to 30 -110 lines. No winner has used an average of more than -107 or won less than around 5.2 units so using 4.8 units is a definite dilution of the Contest.

The ability to take a "Hail Mary" with large dogs in the say the last 1 to 5 picks makes the Challenge a joke when compared to the 60% format.

Bob, what's the equivalent "Units won" bar to match the 60% threshold?

Back to the old rules next month when RAILBIRD takes center stage.

I have no problem with doing it the other way. I am looking to have fun either way. I will continue posting in my thread as well.
    Thanks for the opportunity JK

EOG Dedicated

BOL Nut, take this fucker down, you're as classy a poster as there is in forumville
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

Good luck to you, sir!

Best of luck Nut. Bust one.

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Bob, what's the equivalent "Units won" bar to match the 60% threshold?

Back to the old rules next month when RAILBIRD takes center stage.
    Difficult to say exactly since the "units won" inherently allows more plays and "fairer" rewards (units on dogs vs just a win) on any given day. The "unit won" method does allow something like a 4 play "hail mary" for someone who would have been eliminated with say a 13-13, -1.3u record. It also puts a "premium" on optimizing the Pinny line taken. Unless you are going to grade each play, a severe penalty should be assessed if someone attempts to "past-post" a stale Pinny line by more than a few minutes so there isn't a reward for violating the rules.

Setting the bar at greater or equal to a net 5.2u win would closely match the 60% threshold criteria. I would also give each contestant the opportunity, before the contest starts, to select either method of grading.

Okay, good ideas, Bob.

Method of grading becomes an option.

Because 4.8 and 5.2 units won have been discussed as "fair," let's split the difference and make the target five units.

Contestants will be disqualified if they intentionally try to "game" the Pinnacle numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    BOL Nut, take this fucker down, you're as classy a poster as there is in forumville
    Yeah

EOG Dedicated

Because 4.8 and 5.2 units won have been discussed as "fair," let's split the difference and make the target five units.

Contestants will be disqualified if they intentionally try to "game" the Pinnacle numbers.
    Unfortunately, the case for 4.8u was completely bogus. It used a completely unreasonable, unattainable "standard bet" of -110. My suggestion has an average line of around -107 which is the BEST average line advantage any contestant has had in 67 "60%" attempts, some have had much less.

So even 5.2u is tilted toward the "units won" method.

EOG Dedicated

discussed as "fair," let's split the difference and make the target five units.
    Of course, the contest is a Grand Challenge, both you and I know it wasn't intended to be "fair", and rightfully so.

Its intent is to give cappers a free shot at a very difficult goal and get forum views. Arguments of "fairness" are silly (even my arguments .. lol) and somewhat off base.

If you want fairness, extend 12 offers in January, let cappers choose their favorite month, make their 30 picks anytime during the month with a fixed bankroll, but variable bet sizes, at a wide range of books, and be rewarded proportional to their unit winnings.

Play #1
    Mets tt ovr 5.5 -36

A team total?

Okay.

JK I think u need to clarify. Everyone has been subjected to full game & no RL. It's already been watered down. This is a handicapping contest not a advantage play/derivitative format.

I'll allow NUT's play to be eligible tonight.

Nut6, full-game sides and totals only.

EOG Dedicated

full-game sides and totals only.
    This used to be explicitly in the rules. Quietly got dropped so AllDayCapper could bet derivatives like 1st H, the rule never got put back in.

No problem
    If this play wins we won't count it.
    If it loses let's count it.
    I'm not at all hard to get along with

No problem
    If this play wins we won't count it.
    If it loses let's count it.
    I'm not at all hard to get along with
    Oh no.

If it wins, it counts.

I appreciate your friendly way, Nut6.

2 Aug 11:00

FC Copenhagen
    Vardar Skopje
    UEFA - Champions League Qualifiers

Would a play on this be allowed?

2 Aug 11:00

FC Copenhagen
    Vardar Skopje
    UEFA - Champions League Qualifiers

Would a play on this be allowed?
    Major North American sports only: NFL, NCAAF, NHL, NBA, NCAAB, MLB, CFL and WNBA.

Tor/wsox ovr 10.5 -15

Tor/wsox ovr 10.5 -15

Got it.

Play #1
    Mets tt ovr 5.5 -36

Final score: Rockies 5 Mets 4.

Current mark: -1.36 units.

Hang in there, NUT6.

Tor/wsox ovr 10.5 -15

Final score: Blue Jays 5 White Sox 1.

Current mark: -2.51 units.

Don't crack, NUT6.

EOG Dedicated

JK with the puns.............lol...................tone it down pls..................tia

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    JK with the puns.............lol...................tone it down pls..................tia

Could be hard to find 30 puns in 30 days though we are working with a pun-friendly word.

lets play
    kc -31 for thurs

lets play
    kc -31 for thurs

Final score: Royals 6 Mariners 4.

NUT6 cracks through with his first win.

Current mark: -1.51 units.

EOG Dedicated

Final score: Royals 6 Mariners 4.

NUT6 cracks through with his first win.

Current mark: -1.51 units.
    Nut being down units? Looks like he's a shell of his former self. Sorry John, it's the best I got
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

It's still early, I wouldn't "shell" him short.

This is an insaNUTy.