Bitcoin experts, please check in
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin experts, please check in

Default Bitcoin experts, please check in

I have roughly $500 worth of bitcoin in my Blockchain wallet. How do I access the new Bitcoin cash? Everything looks the same to me when I log into my wallet and I don't see anything new. Looks like the value of regular bitcoin hasn't been effected much either.

Please advise and TIA for any help offered

Default Re: Bitcoin experts please check in

Good thread
    ​STAY FOCUSED

Default Re: Bitcoin experts, please check in

Paging RAIDERS...

Default Re: Bitcoin experts please check in

Quote Originally Posted by FISHHEAD View Post
    Good thread

"a 3rd grader can understand bitcoin"

EOG Dedicated

i flunked second grade

EOG Dedicated

I am still working on putting up -110 and the other team scores more points why do I lose ?

whats the best current investment raiders?

EOG Dedicated

bitcoin will becoming out with new software end of the year. Too many delays and easier transfers on the way. Big banks are now getting involved.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTop View Post
    bitcoin will becoming out with new software end of the year. Too many delays and easier transfers on the way. Big banks are now getting involved.
    Can you tell us which big banks are now getting involved?

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by Whoson1st View Post
    Can you tell us which big banks are now getting involved?

it was in bloomberg or reuters ........ the top banks in the world are looking at bitcoin / all crypto......count on it at the end they will be in it full time. Look at the bottom of the bitpay debit card. It says Visa is moving the $$$

cash will be a thing of the past one day.......... maybe not for a long time like 25 years - 50yrs... they want to get rid of the underground $$$ ....all the governments know it is there. Not all the central banks take it example china and russia............ cash in the end has a date with destiny

Some people are getting filthy rich on this BTC Cash shit, that much is certain. Thing sky rockets and then tanks and then sky rockets and then tanks. Repeat.

EOG Dedicated

chase , barklay , goldman .... if they are looking to get in ...take a guess at the final product all the banks will have something to do with it along the way.

japan and india already using it

if you think bitcoin or any crypto was made by the egyptians ha ha........... when the curtain goes up you will be shocked. It won't happen for a while but it will.

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    Some people are getting filthy rich on this BTC Cash shit, that much is certain. Thing sky rockets and then tanks and then sky rockets and then tanks. Repeat.

I know you are right..... whoever controls it wants to scrape some money...... then one of them will go live.

not sure why anyone who held btc didnt send to exchanges that fork off bitcoin cash

free $$$ ...not all in hindsight either
    "White Folk's Greed Runs a World In Need..."

Some people are getting filthy rich on this BTC Cash...

Entities dealing ONLY in btc were gifted a windfall... they should sell off and retire

it was in bloomberg or reuters ........ the top banks in the world are looking at bitcoin / all crypto......count on it at the end they will be in it full time. Look at the bottom of the bitpay debit card. It says Visa is moving the $$$

cash will be a thing of the past one day.......... maybe not for a long time like 25 years - 50yrs... they want to get rid of the underground $$$ ....all the governments know it is there. Not all the central banks take it example china and russia............ cash in the end has a date with destiny

I read a story ( from googling last night)..Some poor soul had their bank account closed last year - related to using bitcoin. I believe it was Bank of Am.

EOG Dedicated

they will get rid of the 50''s & 100 bills say in the USA.....force people to use bitcoin. Won't happen for a great while.....first things first.........sports betting , driverless cars anything you can think of.....then they get rid of the cash.

they have most of the figures how much people spend at stores and how much is at the banks..... they have to be saying where is the other 25% - 30 % coming from ...

drugs, prostitution , gambling , any unreported $$$.....they want to close the door a bit...... years ago there were no checks and credit cards, deposit rules etc

years ago capone and friends had booze and lottery.....gone

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Entities dealing ONLY in btc were gifted a windfall... they should sell off and retire
    What percentage of people do you think left their bitcoin in nitrogensports and let them benefit from it?

EOG Dedicated

I read a story ( from googling last night)..Some poor soul had their bank account closed last year - related to using bitcoin. I believe it was Bank of Am.

well they can see what you are buying .... remember the cox bust? they have some guidelines

overstock.com lets you use bitcoin..... amazon does 3rd party...... you can have it....depends on many things.........Look at the bottom of the bitpay debit card it says visa

EOG Dedicated

watch this start up TenX from singapore....they are hooked up with bitcoin & visa

not sure why anyone who held btc didnt send to exchanges that fork off bitcoin cash

the question is....where did all the BCC go that should have went to those people who had BTC in Coinbase??? Coinbase kept? rejected? disappeared?

What is the explanation? Yea I had BTC in Coinbase.

Upon the creation of the new chain, the breakaway faction chose to award Bitcoin Cash on a one-for-one ratio to every owner of bitcoin. So if a person owns five bitcoins, they are entitled to five units of Bitcoin Cash.
    This scheme has been complicated, however, by the decision of the world's biggest bitcoin exchange, Coinbase, not to support Bitcoin Cash. For practical purposes, this means the millions of people who maintain a wallet on Coinbase did not receive the new "Cash" and, as of now, there is no way for them to do so.
    Coinbase has clearly stated the company is not taking customers' Bitcoin Cash for themselves, but its decision to withhold the new currency has led one prominent legal scholar to suggest the company will be sued.
    And, indeed, that now looks likely to transpire. An activist group, which claims Coinbase's decision is akin to a brokerage withholding new shares from its investors, warns it will commence a class action suit after August 15 if the company doesn't release the Bitcoin Cash.
    Meanwhile, an attorney named Priyanka Ghosh-Murthy told Fortune she intends to file a complaint—invoking negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, and unjust enrichment—in Florida by the end of the week.
    Coinbase, which set out its decision on Bitcoin Cash in a July 27 blog post, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Quote Originally Posted by focker View Post
    the question is....where did all the BCC go that should have went to those people who had BTC in Coinbase??? Coinbase kept? rejected? disappeared?

What is the explanation? Yea I had BTC in Coinbase.

Upon the creation of the new chain, the breakaway faction chose to award Bitcoin Cash on a one-for-one ratio to every owner of bitcoin. So if a person owns five bitcoins, they are entitled to five units of Bitcoin Cash.
    This scheme has been complicated, however, by the decision of the world's biggest bitcoin exchange, Coinbase, not to support Bitcoin Cash. For practical purposes, this means the millions of people who maintain a wallet on Coinbase did not receive the new "Cash" and, as of now, there is no way for them to do so.
    Coinbase has clearly stated the company is not taking customers' Bitcoin Cash for themselves, but its decision to withhold the new currency has led one prominent legal scholar to suggest the company will be sued.
    And, indeed, that now looks likely to transpire. An activist group, which claims Coinbase's decision is akin to a brokerage withholding new shares from its investors, warns it will commence a class action suit after August 15 if the company doesn't release the Bitcoin Cash.
    Meanwhile, an attorney named Priyanka Ghosh-Murthy told Fortune she intends to file a complaint—invoking negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, and unjust enrichment—in Florida by the end of the week.
    Coinbase, which set out its decision on Bitcoin Cash in a July 27 blog post, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
    Coinbase kept the money.

What percentage of people do you think left their bitcoin in nitrogensports and let them benefit from it?

Who knows outside of Nitro but a lot of coins

Feel confidence in saying coinbase did not leave BCC on the table for no one. They benefited

well they can see what you are buying .... remember the cox bust? they have some guidelines

overstock.com lets you use bitcoin..... amazon does 3rd party...... you can have it....depends on many things.........Look at the bottom of the bitpay debit card it says visa
    Yeah, I've got to be really stupid... They say anonymous.... Now even though the bitpay debit card says: "visa"; how do you get the card?..I'm assuming mailed or fedexed to your address.

to get bitpay DC they want everything from you even SS#

Sammy cleaned house.

I posted about it a few days ago. Added Bittrex in future posts

Do NOT have BTC in Coinbase. When the fork occurs you will get two coins, BTC and BCH. If you use Coinbase, then you will not get the free BCH. BCH is worth $387.00 right now.
    https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-cash/

Keep BTC in Kraken or Bitfinex. They will automatically give you both coins after the split. You can also keep coins in Trezor or Electrum as they are setting up Bitcoin Cash wallets. If your coins are in blockchain.info you will have two coins but you will have to extract the private key.

If you are using blockchain.info, go to settings, security, back up and write down the 12 words.
    http://forums.eog.com/showthread.php...26#post4912226

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Coinbase kept the money.

how much money we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Sammy cleaned house.
    I sold too early. Sold my 6 BCC at $450 or so. Missed the $700ish peak

But honestly can't really complain about $2700 free.

how much money we talking about?
    I don't see how this is going to work out for coinbase... they are under US law... USA doesn't like people getting rich

The only down side beforehand was... how much would btc fall (if any) before & after the fork.

The only down side beforehand was... how much would btc fall (if any) before & after the fork.
    Seems crazy to me BTC stayed the same while this bounced between 300-700... Seems to defy logic.

EOG Dedicated

Yeah, I've got to be really stupid... They say anonymous.... Now even though the bitpay debit card says: "visa"; how do you get the card?..I'm assuming mailed or fedexed to your address.

yes I got it in the mail....no PO box blah blah blah...... same as a credit card .... a hard cardboard feel..but it has a chip..........they still need like I was saying have to get better software, which is on the way later this year , reported by bloomberg

bloomber and reuters gives you all the info you need ..... bloomberg terminal is 24k a year for the best info.

yes I got it in the mail....no PO box blah blah blah...... same as a credit card .... a hard cardboard feel..but it has a chip..........they still need like I was saying have to get better software, which is on the way later this year , reported by bloomberg

bloomber and reuters gives you all the info you need ..... bloomberg terminal is 24k a year for the best info.
    I don't think my card has a chip. I've had it for a year and a half now though before chips were the new fad.