Bitcoin experts, please check in - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin experts, please check in

EOG Dedicated

Default Re: Bitcoin experts, please check in

I could see Raiders doing a gig on CNN doing bitcoin info. He would be great.

the best way to get into it now is to go togdax with acoinbase account link a bank account send them all your info (need to send a photo of the back and front of your license)nd you can send 7500 a week (that may vary for some people) into the exchange per week. I know becoause I just made an account formy wife at the end of june and it has 25000 worth of deposits in it already and teh last 5k is pending. dont do over 5K because then you need to do another step do 5000 and 2500 and it is easier. it does take about 4 dys or so depending on how fast your bank does the withdrawal.

she still has BoA and there is no issue now. Ihad a coule accts closed a few yeas ago buying coins direct butno issues with hers now..

also no fees. only tning is it takes little time but most 'safe' pllaces i see havevery small limis on how much you can spend buyingcryptos. funding gdax nd buying them off the exchange is the way to go. obviously youre at the whim of th price fluctuattions but they move so much that is a minor issue.

A bitcoin ATM that both sells and BUYS bitcoin was just installed in a smokeshop near my condo. I went there just now and sold $1,000 worth of bitcoin to the machine and it it INSTANTLY dispensed 10 crisp $100 bills.

Coolest thing ever and didn't realize these atms can also buy coins. Win a bet, withdraw and go to this ATM to get paid cash instantly. Unbelievable.

Where is that bitcoin atm located?

Quote Originally Posted by Drewphin0 View Post

Seems like an ad for Bitcoin or he would have said more....I could be wrong

Do we have any offshore books that do NOT take Bitcoin?

Quote Originally Posted by Drewphin0 View Post
    I told you. Near my condo.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees2017 View Post
    A bitcoin ATM that both sells and BUYS bitcoin was just installed in a smokeshop near my condo. I went there just now and sold $1,000 worth of bitcoin to the machine and it it INSTANTLY dispensed 10 crisp $100 bills.

Coolest thing ever and didn't realize these atms can also buy coins. Win a bet, withdraw and go to this ATM to get paid cash instantly. Unbelievable.
    Bitpay cards work at all ATMs. https://bitpay.com/card/

EOG Dedicated

Now 4100. Up up to the moon

If you have made money investing in it, great. But anything that goes parabolic is primed for destruction. Gartman references the chart of tulips during the first mania. Most of us remember the dot.com nonsense of 1999-2000. The Fast Money crew debates Bitcoin:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/14/denn...rstand-it.html

It will either die a slow death or we will see tv ads for it and/or brochures inside banks etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    If you have made money investing in it, great. But anything that goes parabolic is primed for destruction. Gartman references the chart of tulips during the first mania. Most of us remember the dot.com nonsense of 1999-2000. The Fast Money crew debates Bitcoin:

Bitcoin's been around since 2009. Books started taking bitcoins in 2011. People have been claiming bubble since it was worth 8 cents in 2010.

It will be turbulent until Novemeber. If bitcoin survives the SegWit2x war, there's no stopping it. The price won't be as volatile but will continue to rise after November.

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Bitcoin's been around since 2009. Books started taking bitcoins in 2011. People have been claiming bubble since it was worth 8 cents in 2010.
    The top two uses for Bitcoin are gambling and illegal drugs.. Without those markets, what happens to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Whoson1st View Post
    The top two uses for Bitcoin are gambling and illegal drugs.. Without those markets, what happens to it?
    Electronic currencies are here to stay with or without gambling. Two Australian Senators are pushing for Bitcoin to become an official currency. It already is in Japan. Putin backs ETH.

Putin Meets With Ethereum Founder To Create National Virtual Currency
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...rtual-currency

Just got to be careful and always keep in mind the main reason for the spike is Japan coincidentally the home of its founder.

Electronic currencies are here to stay with or without gambling. Two Australian Senators are pushing for Bitcoin to become an official currency. It already is in Japan. Putin backs ETH.
    That may well be in the sense that electronic currency is here to stay.... But, it will have regulation in the United States. Japan and Australia... ummm...okay. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by IWishIWasAPro View Post
    Just got to be careful and always keep in mind the main reason for the spike is Japan coincidentally the home of its founder.
    The spike isn't because of Japan. It's due to possible solutions to lower fees and get rid of delays.

That may well be in the sense that electronic currency is here to stay.... But, it will have regulation in the United States. Japan and Australia... ummm...okay. LOL
    The United States isn't the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post

Only thing we got out of the dot.com bubble was GOOGLE and AMAZON.........

good thread
    "White Folk's Greed Runs a World In Need..."

Like I said earlier, if you've made a nice score in it, great. But parabolic charts are very dangerous. Support levels become very weak. The problem with manias is they can last longer than anyone rationally expects. One also can make the argument the current stock market run over the past 8 years is nothing but a result of incredible amounts of quantitative easing, and when it finally wears off, look out below.

The crypto run is far from over. It's not unusual for coins to go up 100-500% in a week.

https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/

I'll bump in 2 years.

The crypto run is far from over. It's not unusual for coins to go up 100-500% in a week.

https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/
    This may interest you:

http://puntpod.podbean.com/e/episode-4-1502963242/

Haven't listened yet but I will check it out.
    Men are born for games. Nothing else... the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the pride of victory & the humiliation of defeat; which are themselves sufficient stake... But trial of chance or worth, all games aspire to the condition of war, for here, that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

don't forget extortion

the criminals always want to be paid in bitcoin
    The real women sport expert

there is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more money day trading certain currencies than there is buying them in infancy and hoding onto them until they explode. raiders does the same old song and dance looking for the next bitcoin to go nuclear. rather than playing the markets he wants to brag about how much they go up which generally means showig % increases that literally equate to pennies.

bitrex NEO great example. not sure f he is stillholding or not, if he is he is stupid. got a few for the remnants of funds I had left in Nitrgen since I sold my BTC awhile ago and only way to get Neo is to trade something else for it. I also sent a few eTH over since the ratio was slightly better at the time. I got a worse price than he did for sure I thik I paid in the 22s for them on a few transactions. But I am sure I made more than he did because I traded everyone I had when they peaked. I also then turned around and sold the BTC I traded them fr before they tanked. Some people who claim they got max out of the didnt because once they traded them whatever they traded them for cratered not long after.

In he end cash is still king and if you cant buy or sell somethig for cash then its at the whim of some market that is totally manipulated. You tarde neo for what you think is 60 bux per but the what you trade if for craters and loses 10-15% you got screwed.

If it isnt blockchained and you cant buy or sell it for cash its just another scam that you have to get lucky with and get out when the getting is good

Just Drawn This Way Squarepants's Avatar

Guy ties his general thoughts in with cryptocurrencies at the end.

Liked the line "edge without discipline is no edge at all."

http://www.priceactionlab.com/Blog/2...ading-is-hard/
    Never confuse price with value, consensus with wisdom, or conformity with courage.

Great article. In a nutshell,

Finally, many traders, especially the new crypto traders, think they are trading but in reality they are manipulated in a game where they are enticed to increase their stakes so that their loss will be maximum when the proper time comes and some market forces or political events can be blamed instead of those who have conceived the game.

cryptos are no brainer trades where even a monkey can make money if they have half a brain. problem is most people dont i guess. they also get scared buy wrong and sell at a loss instead of realizing its a cycle and a very short term one at that the low prices dont stay low for long and the high prices eventually crash the swings are so drastic you can miss the best prices by a lot and still make money.

the biggest advantage to them is theyre instant also you can get your money in and out quickly, even the guys claiming 6 hr delays thats incredibly fast compared to most monetary transactions.

there is also a tell tale sign of someone you claims to be an expert and someone whoist. its really simple if they have evdr paid a transaction or mining fee on an exchange they arent

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    there is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more money day trading certain currencies than there is buying them in infancy and hoding onto them until they explode. raiders does the same old song and dance looking for the next bitcoin to go nuclear. rather than playing the markets he wants to brag about how much they go up which generally means showig % increases that literally equate to pennies.

bitrex NEO great example. not sure f he is stillholding or not, if he is he is stupid. got a few for the remnants of funds I had left in Nitrgen since I sold my BTC awhile ago and only way to get Neo is to trade something else for it. I also sent a few eTH over since the ratio was slightly better at the time. I got a worse price than he did for sure I thik I paid in the 22s for them on a few transactions. But I am sure I made more than he did because I traded everyone I had when they peaked. I also then turned around and sold the BTC I traded them fr before they tanked. Some people who claim they got max out of the didnt because once they traded them whatever they traded them for cratered not long after.

In he end cash is still king and if you cant buy or sell somethig for cash then its at the whim of some market that is totally manipulated. You tarde neo for what you think is 60 bux per but the what you trade if for craters and loses 10-15% you got screwed.

If it isnt blockchained and you cant buy or sell it for cash its just another scam that you have to get lucky with and get out when the getting is good
    You Day Trade?
    Men are born for games. Nothing else... the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the pride of victory & the humiliation of defeat; which are themselves sufficient stake... But trial of chance or worth, all games aspire to the condition of war, for here, that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

what you contemplate you imitate scrimmage's Avatar

How will virtual crypto-currencies deal with physical realities?
    Exponential growth doesn't go on forever,what is maximum the energy available limit for mining and transacting Bitcoins.

Here’s the catch: computers use energy. Computers that mine Bitcoins use LOTS of energy. And the blockchain algorithm, by design, requires mounting quantities of computations to be performed for every new Bitcoin it emits.

Check out this website:
    https://digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption

The site estimates that every Bitcoin transaction that takes place currently represents 166 kWh of electricity, which is enough to run 5.62 U.S. households for one day. That’s only going to increase, because the algorithm works that way. A month ago, on July 26, Bitcoin miners expended about 14.63 terawatt-hours of energy. Yesterday they expended 16.15 TWh. That’s a 10% increase in one month and an amount equal to the total energy expenditure in the country of Tunisia.

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
    don't forget extortion

the criminals always want to be paid in bitcoin

wrong , criminals only want to be paid in US dollars....... anything else you have to convert......cannot pay IRS with bitcoin......no paper trail with US dollars