Jay Cutler signs a 1-year deal with Miami - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Jay Cutler signs a 1-year deal with Miami

Default Re: Jay Cutler signs a 1-year deal with Miami

Good thing this wasn't Tommy Brady. 48 game suspension for the offender.

64 game suspension if this was tommy brady

Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    Post a pic of Cutler standing on the sideline with a super bowl appearance on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Post a pic of Cutler standing on the sideline with a super bowl appearance on the line.
    Again, you don't know the NFL very well. That's okay, but it's not really debatable with the things you're saying. Cutler asked to play and Lovie said no because the offensive line was collapsing every play so they started rolling Caleb Hanie out of the pocket every single snap.

Did you even watch that game? I was there, freezing my feet off, and Lovie decided playing a QB with a ligament tear that couldn't move from the pocket didn't give them the better chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Westgate had the Dolphins opener against Tampa at a pick, they're now using Tampa -2.5, strange movement seeing as how Cutler is better than Tannehill
    This surprises me. One can get TB at P right now at 5 Dimes. If TB ever goes to 3, Miami would become a bet for me in a game I had no opinion on previously. Seems like an overreaction line movement. Tannehill's not a stud, Cutler, nor Moore are scrubs. Losing Landry and/or Ajayi for game 1 would be more impactful, IMO.

Again, you don't know the NFL very well. That's okay, but it's not really debatable with the things you're saying. Cutler asked to play and Lovie said no because the offensive line was collapsing every play so they started rolling Caleb Hanie out of the pocket every single snap.

Did you even watch that game? I was there, freezing my feet off, and Lovie decided playing a QB with a ligament tear that couldn't move from the pocket didn't give them the better chance to win.
    Your constant defending of Cutler (a perpetual loser) proves how little you know the NFL

Your constant defending of Cutler (a perpetual loser) proves how little you know the NFL
    Pace knows more than you. He reached out to Cutler first thing.

Just Drawn This Way Squarepants's Avatar

Miami Sound Machine, meet the Cutler Turnover Machine:

http://www.nfl.com/player/jaycutler/2495824/profile

(and don't forget to include the lost fumble turnovers from the last column)
    Never confuse price with value, consensus with wisdom, or conformity with courage.

SportsOptions/Line up with the pros

That sums it up quite nicely. One playoff appearance in an extended career and with a SB berth riding on the game gets replaced by Caleb Hanie.

SportsOptions/Line up with the pros

And just to clear things up, Cutler didn't "ask to play", he was already playing. What he asked for was to sit this one out after he got hit a few times.

Despite repeated checks for an excuse after he chose to sit out the end result he had a sore ankle, that was the excuse given for his cowardice.

From your seat maybe you couldn't see him peddling furiously on the stationary bike as Hanie tried to get the Bears to a SB appearance.

They even showed him sprinting for the clubhouse after the game. He wasn't hurt. I'd love to see a coach try and take a decent QB out of this game.....

Doesn't happen. Nobody with heart quits on his team because he's got a sore ankle.

Either Bears thought Hanie gave them best chance or Cutler's a coward. I'd say both played a big part in it.

Biggest game in his long career and he sits in favor of Caleb Hanie.

I think any time a player gets replaced for not being tough enough in favor of a kid called Caleb he needs his ass kicked on principle alone.

There's a reason Urlacher the great spoke for the team publicly in favor of Kyle Orton!!!???

For GOD's sake, you play so bad Hanie replaces you in the NFC title game and your own team speaks to the press in their support of Kyle hears a Who Orton??

Cutler had any heart he'd have done a lot with that Bears defense, minimum of 3/4 SB appearances.

We move on.....

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McIrish View Post
    And just to clear things up, Cutler didn't "ask to play", he was already playing. What he asked for was to sit this one out after he got hit a few times.

Despite repeated checks for an excuse after he chose to sit out the end result he had a sore ankle, that was the excuse given for his cowardice.

From your seat maybe you couldn't see him peddling furiously on the stationary bike as Hanie tried to get the Bears to a SB appearance.

They even showed him sprinting for the clubhouse after the game. He wasn't hurt. I'd love to see a coach try and take a decent QB out of this game.....

Doesn't happen. Nobody with heart quits on his team because he's got a sore ankle.

Either Bears thought Hanie gave them best chance or Cutler's a coward. I'd say both played a big part in it.

Biggest game in his long career and he sits in favor of Caleb Hanie.

I think any time a player gets replaced for not being tough enough in favor of a kid called Caleb he needs his ass kicked on principle alone.

There's a reason Urlacher the great spoke for the team publicly in favor of Kyle Orton!!!???

For GOD's sake, you play so bad Hanie replaces you in the NFC title game and your own team speaks to the press in their support of Kyle hears a Who Orton??

Cutler had any heart he'd have done a lot with that Bears defense, minimum of 3/4 SB appearances.

We move on.....
    A sore ankle? Lol he had a grade 2 tear in his MCL.

You're just trying to be dumb, there's no other explanation.

And lol that Bears defense sucked dick compared to the one Grossman couldn't win with. You're nuts.

Kane, where did Tampa Bay Bucs -3 go???

Since you took that overreaction by one book to mean Cutler was conclusively worse, surely you must take the entire market keeping the line about the same despite the fact it's going to be a shortened camp for Cutler to mean that Cutler is as good as if not better, especially when you factor in the Dolphins have had 2 other harmful injuries since the line opened..

EOG Dedicated

https://www.sportsinsights.com/blog/...ending-injury/ The Dolphins SB odds are much higher now than before Tannehill's injury, and their win total is the same, but there's now more juice to the under
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

But where did the Bucs -3 go, Kane? You made a huge deal about that existing, where did it go?

EOG Dedicated

But where did the Bucs -3 go, Kane? You made a huge deal about that existing, where did it go?
    Show me where I posted Bucs -3

Show me where I posted Bucs -3
    Did you post -2.5? who cares, where did that line change go? Market must have decided it shouldn't have happened huh

EOG Dedicated

Right after the injury news broke I played Miami under 7.5 (-05), they re-opened it at 7.5 (-35)

Right after the injury news broke I played Miami under 7.5 (-05), they re-opened it at 7.5 (-35)
    wow, 30 cent movement same number going from their franchise QB that they built the entire roster around to a guy they called in from the booth

That guy must have a shit ton of talent huh

market decided that

EOG Dedicated

Did you post -2.5? who cares, where did that line change go? Market must have decided it shouldn't have happened huh
    I posted the Westgate re-opened the game TB -2.5, most books have it off the board, let's see what the line is closer to the game, Miami's SB odds are higher, and the Juice on under their win total has increased. And FTR, I don't think Tannehill is anything more than an average QB, but I think he's slightly better than Cutler, not a big difference between the two

EOG Dedicated

wow, 30 cent movement same number going from their franchise QB that they built the entire roster around to a guy they called in from the booth

That guy must have a shit ton of talent huh

market decided that
    LMAO, if that guy had a shit ton of talent he would have been playing for someone rather than sitting in a broadcast booth. And LOL at calling Tannehill a franchise QB, there are only a handful of those guys currently playing, and Tanny ain't one of them

LMAO, if that guy had a shit ton of talent he would have been playing for someone rather than sitting in a broadcast booth. And LOL at calling Tannehill a franchise QB, there are only a handful of those guys currently playing, and Tanny ain't one of them
    he's treated and paid like one by Miami so

And Cutler only would have come back for starter money for a team that at least had a prayer to go somewhere

And Cutler only would have come back for starter money for a team that at least had a prayer to go somewhere
    A few 2017 QB salaries to put things in perspective:

Sam Bradford 18 mil
    Alex Smith 17 mil
    Brock Osweiler 16 mil
    Andy Dalton 15.7 mil
    Mike Glennon 14 mil
    Cutler 10 mil

EOG Dedicated

You can't judge someone based on their salary, otherwise Jason Heyward is getting paid like a franchise player, but we both know he's not. The fact is there's such a dearth of good QB's in the league, that when you find a guy who's decent like Tanny, you overpay to keep him, there isn't a lot of choices when it comes to the QB position

EOG Dedicated

A few 2017 QB salaries to put things in perspective:

Sam Bradford 18 mil
    Alex Smith 17 mil
    Brock Osweiler 16 mil
    Andy Dalton 15.7 mil
    Mike Glennon 14 mil
    Cutler 10 mil
    Right on Heisey, like I just posted, there are so few good QB's that teams have no choice but to overpay for them. Osweiler at 16M, oh my god

I think this was about Gase far more than it was about the money for Cutler.

Cutler has dealt with dog shit coordinators in Chicago for most of his career and liked Gase and then Gase got a promotion out of town and Cutler was back to inept offensive game planning.

HE was given another year with Gase and decided he wanted to play. Really not that complicated.

exhibit A... Martz and the king of the 7 step drop while the Bears had one of the worst offensive lines in football. Not to mention got rid of Greg Olsen, who Cutler had chemistry with.

oh how little people forget the ineptitude Jay Cutler dealt with

Lovie Smith can't play .250 in the worst part of the Big 10 and that's what he started with

then he gets Martz and a system that only worked 20 years ago because Kurt Warner had the best offensive line in the league and was never under pressure, and turf probably didn't hurt

Then the Bears call in the Canadian coach that does terrible in both Chicago and Baltimore and is laughed back to Canada

The one year of competence he had was Gase and he put up good numbers throwing to wide receivers pumping gas somewhere now.

This isn't revisionist history, this is what happened. As a Bears fan, it's disgusting.

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Martz was absolutely brutal in Chicago. Did little in Detroit also.
    Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
    -

Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    Martz was absolutely brutal in Chicago. Did little in Detroit also.
    Bears should have fired John Fox and hired Gase rather than let him leverage himself to Miami. Period. Cutler probably retired earlier than he wanted to based on that decision.

Eventus stultorum magister NowshesmyRuca's Avatar

Bears should have fired John Fox and hired Gase rather than let him leverage himself to Miami. Period. Cutler probably retired earlier than he wanted to based on that decision.
    Clowns make me laugh! :+textinb3

Eventus stultorum magister NowshesmyRuca's Avatar

Wait in another thread you said they should have kept Fox and Gase together?

I guess just keep throwing things at the wall somethings got to stick.

No one can be this bad at predictions.
    Clowns make me laugh! :+textinb3

Dear Lord Jesus! Can't make it up! The resident EOG moron has repeatedly chimed in on his donkey bullshit!