Twenty softball thoughts about college football - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twenty softball thoughts about college football

Default Re: Twenty softball thoughts about college football

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcwest/pos...coaching-roots

linday infante was his key mentor, made tightend key to the offense like infante. Stanford had 3 tightends go top 40 in same draft.

It's amazing even top college football coaches...let me back that up because many of these NFL hires who are supposed to be professional cant manage a clock.

Jimmy Harbaugh doesnt have a fucking clue. But he still could be succesful if he can recruit.

Jimbo Fisher is a lot smarter than Harbaugh but Jimbo has no fucking clue in close games or why not to punt on 4th and 1 either. But Jimbo can run a top program and recruit...if jimmy dipshit can somehow than he could be successful.

Urban Meyer does a great job in game and in being aggressive on 4th down. He is a very intelligent coach.

I really don't think Jimmy Harbaugh could beat Beavis or Butthead on a Wonderlic

Will stick my nose in w/ one side should at least be worth a look. 197 South Carolina (+6).

Gamecocks return 10 Offensive starters. And I like the site. Neutral-site that might look like it benefits NCSt, b/c of North Carolina soil. Actually, shorter trip for Gamecocks. Very ez drive across state line.

NC State is type of team that figures to get some attention, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyG View Post
    Will stick my nose in w/ one side should at least be worth a look. 197 South Carolina (+6).

Gamecocks return 10 Offensive starters. And I like the site. Neutral-site that might look like it benefits NCSt, b/c of North Carolina soil. Actually, shorter trip for Gamecocks. Very ez drive across state line.

NC State is type of team that figures to get some attention, too.
    I bet NC st -4.5 but my heart wasn't in it and a tiny one. My thinking is everything SC wants to do offensively will be matched by the great NC st D. I also cannot ever see myself thinking of a Muschamp team as capable of scoring against a good team. If they trail early I don't care who they have as QB etc he will be sure to pound 3 and outs to get that D on the field. He is just the pits. I think you'll find a hook or 7 if you hold out. His camp has been a rough one. He has to be the only HC who continually gets kids hurt every year before the season.

I can do another 20 if you guys want.
    There are some fun storylines this season more so than most. If totals get posted I might be a day or two out of posting but it's no problem.

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Would like to see more of your thoughts Drink.
    Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
    -

I wouldnt mind hearing more stuff about FAU.
    Forget Kiffin(s)
    Kendall Briles is there also.

Briles was the OC at Baylor,he coached the QBs.
    He has nurtured some TOP NFL talent,now hes fucking about at a program like FAU.
    IDK,Im 4,000 miles away..something doesnt add up.

Effective 2nd Year Head Coaches?

Here is a list of 2nd Year Head Coaches. Usually 2nd Year coaches will do better.
    Question: Which Coaches will be more effective which will not?

School 2nd Year COACH
    Ball State Mike Neu
    Bowling Green Mike Jinks
    Brigham Young Kalani Sitake
    Central Florida Scott Frost
    East Carolina Scottie Montgomery
    Georgia Kirby Smart
    Georgia Southern Tyson Summers
    Hawaii Nick Rolovich
    Iowa State Matt Campbell
    Illinois Bill Cubit
    Louisiana Monroe Matt Viator
    Maryland DJ Durkin
    Memphis Mike Norvell
    Missouri Barry Odom
    North Texas Seth Littrell
    Miami (Fl.) Mark Richt
    Rutgers Chris Ash
    South Carolina Will Muschamp
    Southern California Clay Helton
    Southern Miss Jay Hobson
    Syracuse Dino Babers
    Texas-San Antonio Frank Wilson
    Texas State Everett Withers
    Toledo Jason Candle
    Tulane Willie Fritz
    Virginia Bronco Mendenhall
    Virginia Tech Justin Fuente

Like Richt's D a lot , added depth on back end , anybody have a read on QB sitiuation ?

Salud, Drink. Have a big season.

Quote Originally Posted by svbettor View Post
    Effective 2nd Year Head Coaches?

Here is a list of 2nd Year Head Coaches. Usually 2nd Year coaches will do better.
    Question: Which Coaches will be more effective which will not?

School 2nd Year COACH
    Ball State Mike Neu - Still no defense won 4 last yr I see maybe 5 this yr.
    Bowling Green Mike Jinks Not a good coach but easier schedule. 4 last yr 5 this year.
    Brigham Young Kalani Sitake hard to top last yr but easy schedule changes offense to fit personnel. 13 games 10 should be favorites
    Central Florida Scott Frost- Eye on Nebraska job. Trades defense for offense 6 or 7 wins.
    East Carolina Scottie Montgomery- clueless
    Georgia Kirby Smart- better team hardest schedule in the nation 1 win more than last season.
    Georgia Southern Tyson Summers- clueless
    Hawaii Nick Rolovich- great coach from what I can tell. Loves the shootout. Back to back bowls for the bows.
    Iowa State Matt Campbell- great coach very improved team but impossible schedule. Flirts with 6 wins
    Illinois Bill Cubit- not their HC. Lovie- clueless
    Louisiana Monroe Matt Viator- good coach but lacks talent and resources. 2 years away
    Maryland DJ Durkin- great coach with the #5 recruiting class in 17. No qb and murderers row schedule. Should be a force in 18 and 19. Not so much in 17.
    Memphis Mike Norvell- hard to top last yr has the offense to do so. Texas tech of the AAC.
    Missouri Barry Odom- very improved team but lost star DE for season today to arrest. Will need to win shootouts in the SEC, tall task.
    North Texas Seth Littrell- great coach makes a bowl.. very bold prediction.
    Miami (Fl.) Mark Richt- easy schedule other than 2 games. No qb in place still wins 8 or 9.
    Rutgers Chris Ash- No talent, resources and forced to take on knucklehead transfers.
    South Carolina Will Muschamp- should hire someone to run a fast paced offense refuses to get out of his own way. 6 wins again even with all that talent on offense.
    Southern California Clay Helton- hard to top last yr. Easy schedule and Heisman qb will mask any ineptitude.
    Southern Miss Jay Hobson- bad coach lost star qb I look for regression
    Syracuse Dino Babers- Building a serious contender for 18 and 19. Tough schedule 5 wins this yr and 8 next
    Texas-San Antonio Frank Wilson- Best hire of 17 doubled his rsw in yr 1. No talent on O but won't be surprised if he keeps winning
    Texas State Everett Withers- good hire but wrong program. Lack of resources, belong in fcs. Can't sign many jucos lack of scholarships.
    Toledo Jason Candle- great hire 10 wins. Last yr at Toledo he will be on the move
    Tulane Willie Fritz- great hire. Still lacks a OL and is running a option. Plays very slow and is a master at run D. Hard guy and team not to like but must play from ahead.
    Virginia Bronco Mendenhall- good hire, bad program. Still might win 5 which is a ton for the talent he has.
    Virginia Tech Justin Fuente- among best coaches in CFB. Lost his QB to the NFL where he couldn't get drafted sucks for everyone involved. Bud Foster will be the most important man on the sidelines this year.
    My dog had a stroke yesterday and I'm sitting in the waiting room to visit her all afternoon.
    Don't really feel like writing 20 questions. I will answer any though.

Any Special Teams angles you'll be using this year?

One Special Teams u love? One u hate?

Not asking u to disclose any of this information. Just asking if you'll be implementing it in your repertoire. My theory is that good Special Teams = hidden yardage, and therefore hidden line-value.

* Very hard to replace an Elite kicker.
    * Another angle I like. Take Big Dog team w/ a top-end Punter. He'll punt often, and u gain Net 5yards on each punt exchange.

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drnkyourmlkshk View Post
    My dog had a stroke yesterday and I'm sitting in the waiting room to visit her all afternoon.
    Don't really feel like writing 20 questions. I will answer any though.
    GL with the dog, hope it pulls thru.

Always interested in ST angles. Used to fade 1st road game for teams with a new QB and HC. Haven't had a chance to play it the last couple of years so I'm not sure how it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyG View Post
    Any Special Teams angles you'll be using this year?

One Special Teams u love? One u hate?

Not asking u to disclose any of this information. Just asking if you'll be implementing it in your repertoire. My theory is that good Special Teams = hidden yardage, and therefore hidden line-value.

* Very hard to replace an Elite kicker.
    * Another angle I like. Take Big Dog team w/ a top-end Punter. He'll punt often, and u gain Net 5yards on each punt exchange.
    Utah, Memphis, Hawaii, Colorado all have very good special teams. Ohio state has bad special teams which is opposite for Meyer and most seasons.
    More bad than good special teams.

I don't like teams expected to win with no know assets so that'd be Michigan in p5 play and Boise in non power 5. That doesn't mean I am playing against them every week or don't have a gracious number for them just not a team I'm looking to bet on week in, week out. I think temple is in bad shape Rhule left a lot to be desired with this class.

I do like OK st more than most in p5 and I think Akron covers a few games more than most assume. A lot of talent on offense in a yr where the Mac is lacking firepower on offense outside of Toledo. Also think USF can run the table if they play injury free. Too early for super bold stuff but c-usa is improving quickly and the MWC other than the top 3 teams might be the worst I've ever seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    GL with the dog, hope it pulls thru.

Always interested in ST angles. Used to fade 1st road game for teams with a new QB and HC. Haven't had a chance to play it the last couple of years so I'm not sure how it is now.
    I don't believe in angles much but Houston comes to mind week 1. Ty for the well wish.

Sorry to hear about your dog. Hope she's ok.

Yeah, salud to the Dog. Well wishes to her.

And ignore my South Carolina opinion. Just throwing out a basic idea that the travel in that game is really no big deal. Cocks should get plenty of crowd support in that gm.

Eventus stultorum magister NowshesmyRuca's Avatar

BOISE STATE vs SAN DIEGO STATE NCAAF - 2017 GAMES OF THE YEAR . . SAN DIEGO STATE -5 -120

The week of this game SDST will be a double digit fav.
    Clowns make me laugh! :+textinb3

Quote Originally Posted by NowshesmyRuca View Post
    BOISE STATE vs SAN DIEGO STATE NCAAF - 2017 GAMES OF THE YEAR . . SAN DIEGO STATE -5 -120

The week of this game SDST will be a double digit fav.
    Lol I sure would like that but I think 6 is right. Sdsu is starting over at LB and CB lost serious NFL talent in the back 7. Rypien might not have a RB but he has some Wr's and a OL.

Lol I sure would like that but I think 6 is right. Sdsu is starting over at LB and CB lost serious NFL talent in the back 7. Rypien might not have a RB but he has some Wr's and a OL.
    Just goes to show you how 2 people can get a totally different read on the same situation.

If it wasn't for how talented they already were at CB Kameron Kelly would have been playing CB all along. They may have some holes in the DL but the secondary is going to be just fine.

Boise St on the other hand is headed in the wrong direction. Yeah they're returning their #2 WR but the rest of them coming back combined for only 26 receptions. They lost 3 starters on the offensive line. Not impressed at all with Harsin either.

I also took a future Wyoming +7.5 against Boise St. Teams headed in opposite directions. The Cowboys could win that game outright.

A little closer to home I really like the Rams over the Buffs too. Biggest jump in execution for a team is between the 1st and 2nd game. The Rams gets a warm up game against Oregon St while Buffs have to wait to open up against them. Advantage State.

Just goes to show you how 2 people can get a totally different read on the same situation.

If it wasn't for how talented they already were at CB Kameron Kelly would have been playing CB all along. They may have some holes in the DL but the secondary is going to be just fine.

Boise St on the other hand is headed in the wrong direction. Yeah they're returning their #2 WR but the rest of them coming back combined for only 26 receptions. They lost 3 starters on the offensive line. Not impressed at all with Harsin either.

I also took a future Wyoming +7.5 against Boise St. Teams headed in opposite directions. The Cowboys could win that game outright.
    I like your wyoming play a little. Tough out for Boise. I think Harsin is terrible too. I like Boises ability to stretch the field if they can find time. Also look at the talent of those inexp. Wrs those are p12 recruits and size. It's not a complicated offense but they are really down in the run game.
    I have Sdsu defense as great LBs and 1 good safety and 1 CB and no pass rush. You differ with this? TIA. I made a base total that might be too high I'm now going to have to look again.

A little closer to home I really like the Rams over the Buffs too. Biggest jump in execution for a team is between the 1st and 2nd game. The Rams gets a warm up game against Oregon St while Buffs have to wait to open up against them. Advantage State.
    I don't mind that thought process I personally just think CSU has a almost equal team.

I have Sdsu defense as great LBs and 1 good safety and 1 CB and no pass rush. You differ with this? TIA. I made a base total that might be too high I'm now going to have to look again.
    The only question mark in the secondary is Trenton Thompson the other 4 have all played and played well. I can see why it looks a little muddy with Kelly moving from S to CB and Thompson playing LB in highschool and now starting at S but that secondary is going to be just fine.