NCAA/CFB player discipline...

Thread: NCAA/CFB player discipline...

Default NCAA/CFB player discipline...

What was the difference between what Joe Mixon did & what De`andre Johnson did?
    Both incidents look very similar.
    One player was kicked off the team..the other scored 2 TDs in a Sugar Bowl.

I understand Mixon took a season suspension,but at the end of the day he stayed on/with the team.
    Why were both incidents treated differently?

Default Re: NCAA/CFB player discipline...

I am asking because in the Uk...CFB is not popular at all,the NFL is massive..lads asking me cause Johnson was on last chance U & obviously very talented..Mixon getting a lot of love in the fantasy talk.
    They often ask me about rookies and various CFB questions,but for this I dont know the answer except perhaps the schools have different approaches.

You wouldn't believe me if I told you. Johnson was the first video therefore he softened the blow for Mixon (sick right) and in all seriousness they had signed 2 other 4* qbs.. had no choice. However Mixon cost Stoops his job in the end. He couldn't get past the constant questioning and criticism. His recruiting assistant was struggling to engage parents. He wanted to leave the program in a better position than when he took over...
    Wink wink

Quote Originally Posted by Drnkyourmlkshk View Post
    You wouldn't believe me if I told you. Johnson was the first video therefore he softened the blow for Mixon (sick right) and in all seriousness they had signed 2 other 4* qbs.. had no choice. However Mixon cost Stoops his job in the end. He couldn't get past the constant questioning and criticism. His recruiting assistant was struggling to engage parents. He wanted to leave the program in a better position than when he took over...
    Wink wink
    Appreciate it Drink,but if Fisher had no choice,why did big game Bob...the whole comparison makes no sense.Both incidents virtually identical and altho Mixon has turned out to be a fantastic player,nothing to say Johnson doesnt,he obviously looks to have talent.
    So,if I understand right...Fisher had equal/or better recruits at the position but Stoops didnt,so preferred to keep the obvious highly talented player.
    Honestly,the amount of shit these kids get in disgusts me.

Anybody else here watch the Last Chance U series with Deandre Johnson? It's excellent viewing. The head coach is a total ass

I watched it. I also think he took money from FAU. He has 3 personal life coaches around him at all times. He's a talent for sure. Also has great legs which he didn't use at emmcu because he didn't want to take hits.
    He turned down offers from Georgia, miss st., Colorado state, Arkansas, Baylor and Nebraska to play at FAU.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Anybody else here watch the Last Chance U series with Deandre Johnson? It's excellent viewing. The head coach is a total ass
    I watched it. I also think he took money from FAU. He has 3 personal life coaches around him at all times. He's a talent for sure. Also has great legs which he didn't use at emmcu because he didn't want to take hits.
    He turned down offers from Georgia, miss st., Colorado state, Arkansas, Baylor and Nebraska to play at FAU.
    yeah I was going to eventually get to this.
    Its iffy as fuck

Drink-one thing I've wondered watching both seasons now is where does their program get all their money from.? The school is in as dirt poor an area as possible and their facilities are top notch. They have a different set of uni's for every game. I'd imagine Netflix pumps in some cash but all of that stuff seemed to be in place before the series started.

They have a shoe deal and I'm sure with all the NFL talent they've produced they have set up quite the booster program.
    They are a AAU program for football. There is a another school in Garden City, KS that is similar. Johnson is the 1st kid I can remember that turned down a SEC school to go non power 5.

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Ill have to watch Last Chance U.
    Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
    -

Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    Ill have to watch Last Chance U.
    I think you'll really enjoy it. Season one is very good but I liked season 2 even more. The talent the team has for season 2 is pretty staggering.

I enjoyed season 1 much more.A lot of likeable players who you actually pulled for,this season no players really grabbed your affection..Isaiah Wright is as thick as pigshit,no shock he ended up where he did.
    Shame a great woman like Brittany Wagner was wasted by the college..and if Buddy Stephens is a great coach,we can all be great coaches.
    He has superior talent to work with.The bloke is a cock.

Quote Originally Posted by ManchesterUk View Post
    I enjoyed season 1 much more.A lot of likeable players who you actually pulled for,this season no players really grabbed your affection..Isaiah Wright is as thick as pigshit,no shock he ended up where he did.
    Shame a great woman like Brittany Wagner was wasted by the college..and if Buddy Stephens is a great coach,we can all be great coaches.
    He has superior talent to work with.The bloke is a cock.
    I agree with you that there were more likable players season 1. I read up on Brittany Wagners departure and apparently she has started her own company that provides consultant work for colleges. Stephens is garbage, he has no idea that Miss Wagner did far more valuable coaching with those players than Stephens ever will.

Yes,I actually looked to see Nicholls States scores to see how Ollie was doing,think he snagged a pick 6 in a game,was funny hearing the amateur announcers saying "the big guy is rumbling into the endzone",may have been towards if he came up short,cant really remember.
    That Miss Wagner is an inspiration.I dont know if they didnt show any cause of time constraints,but in 2 series Ive not seen Stephens coach anybody,just yelling and shouting.I am sure even BigBill could coach that team given the talent mismatches with other juco they play.
    A very very cool series,I really enjoyed it.