Marlins finally sold

Thread: Marlins finally sold

Default Marlins finally sold

Billionaire Bruce Sherman purchased the Marlins for 1.2 billion. Derek Jeter will be a minority owner along with Michael Jordan. This should make Kane happy.

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Default Re: Marlins finally sold

I know 31 other owners who are happy.
    Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
    -

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Billionaire Bruce Sherman purchased the Marlins for 1.2 billion. Derek Jeter will be a minority owner along with Michael Jordan. This should make Kane happy.
    Was going to post about this, but I figured no one here gives a shit about the Marlins. Anyway, yes the fact that Loria will soon be the ex owner of the club is great news, and from I've been able to gather it appears as though Jeter will be running the baseball operations. I've heard this Sherman guy is a big Marlins fan, so I'm hoping he'll have deep enough pockets to build a good franchise. If I'm him, I purge the entire front office, get rid of 'em all and start from scratch. The Marlins farm system is one of, if not the worst in baseball, terrible drafting, terrible FA signings, just a disaster. They do have some solid core guys to build around in Stanton, Yelich, Ozuna, and Realmuto, but their pitching is laughably bad. At some point in the next year or two I fully expect them to move Stanton, the package of prospects + young players they'll get back should help replenish their farm system, and hopefully get them on the right track. Jeter can't just be a figure head, he really needs to immerse himself in this operation if the Marlins are to ever be successful, time will tell, but saying Adios to Loria is a great start
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Kane - We always (I at least) want the local view.

They are looking at dumping that Home Run statue.
    Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
    -

EOG Addicted

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Was going to post about this, but I figured no one here gives a shit about the Marlins. Anyway, yes the fact that Loria will soon be the ex owner of the club is great news, and from I've been able to gather it appears as though Jeter will be running the baseball operations. I've heard this Sherman guy is a big Marlins fan, so I'm hoping he'll have deep enough pockets to build a good franchise. If I'm him, I purge the entire front office, get rid of 'em all and start from scratch. The Marlins farm system is one of, if not the worst in baseball, terrible drafting, terrible FA signings, just a disaster. They do have some solid core guys to build around in Stanton, Yelich, Ozuna, and Realmuto, but their pitching is laughably bad. At some point in the next year or two I fully expect them to move Stanton, the package of prospects + young players they'll get back should help replenish their farm system, and hopefully get them on the right track. Jeter can't just be a figure head, he really needs to immerse himself in this operation if the Marlins are to ever be successful, time will tell, but saying Adios to Loria is a great start
    lots to hate about loria and Sampson, but he made a score with this sale.........

EOG Dedicated

Looks like the same ole same ole http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...171093362.html The Marlins new owners are preparing to slash payroll, bye bye Stanton
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Looks like the same ole same ole http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...171093362.html The Marlins new owners are preparing to slash payroll, bye bye Stanton
    Because he's a terrible use of their funds. He gets hurt and is useless around 40% of the time. They probably want to rebuild the right way. This is good news for Marlins fans.

Why do these owners think they need minority celebrity minority partners. They are an eye sore more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    Why do these owners think they need minority celebrity minority partners. They are an eye sore more than anything.
    Derek Jeter could get more pussy in one night at the club if he wanted than you'll get in your entire lifetime, and it won't even be close.

Hated the old owners down there