Things I DON'T like about the NFL
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Things I DON'T like about the NFL

  1. #1
    EOG Addicted Johnny Knuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 31, 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    917

    Default Things I DON'T like about the NFL

    Two things seem to annoy me about the NFL. One, its this idiotic call timeout at the very last second just before the snap on a crucial FG attempt to "ice the kicker". Enough with that baloney. Makes the league look so Mickey Mouse. And I'm not bringing this up cause I had no vested interest in the Chargers last night. It's just a dumb dumb rule, that to me, makes the league look stupid. Let the kicker come out and make his kick, and if the timeout isnt called at least 10 seconds before the snap, then its not allowable.

    The other thing, its the anti climax that regularly happens at the end of an NFL game. While with most leagues, it comes down to an overtime or a buzzer beating game winning shot, I hate how in the NFL, the 40 second clock kills any drama, and I wish somehow they would adjust with the times and change it. Again, I had no vested interest in the Browns Sunday, but the Steelers can take a really close game and just kill the last 2 minutes, by sitting and kneeling. I dont like it. I also wish the 40 second clock was reduced to 25 seconds, and there was more action, and less standing around. You're trying to sell your game, and no better way than adding drama at the end.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Things I DONT like about the NFL

    I agree completely about the time-out calls. They do it all the time in both college and NFL. At the very least there should be a rule that you can't call back to back time-outs. Not only can one team not call back to back TO's, but both teams. Way too many time outs in all sports. I also wish they wouldn't allow the coaches to call timeouts to avoid delay of game calls.

  3. #3
    Eventus stultorum magister NowshesmyRuca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 15, 2008
    Location
    Aspen, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    9,206

    Default Re: Things I DONT like about the NFL

    Just FYI calling a timeout to ice the kicker isn't a rule let alone a dumb one.
    Clowns make me laugh! :+textinb3

  4. #4
    TYVM Morgan William!!! winkyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 22, 2005
    Location
    Playboy Mansion
    Posts
    26,707

    Default Re: Things I DONT like about the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by TEXED View Post
    I agree completely about the time-out calls. They do it all the time in both college and NFL. At the very least there should be a rule that you can't call back to back time-outs. Not only can one team not call back to back TO's, but both teams. Way too many time outs in all sports. I also wish they wouldn't allow the coaches to call timeouts to avoid delay of game calls.
    The NFL has a rule. Call B2B TO and the 2nd one will cost you 15 yards
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

  5. #5

    Default Re: Things I DON'T like about the NFL

    I have a question for the board . Last night the Chargers were assessed a personal foul penalty after a touchdown . Since the PAT was moved back to the 15 yard line do teams no longer have the option of assessing the penalty on the extra point which would make it a 47 yard kick?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Things I DONT like about the NFL

    Winky...Thanks. I didn't know that. Does College still allow back to back.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Things I DON'T like about the NFL

    Pass Interference is not called with uniformity is my top complaint. I think it's broken and unless blatant, I NEVER know. This decides a lot of close games.

  8. #8
    EOG Dedicated Sleepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 21, 2011
    Location
    Albert Lea, MN
    Posts
    9,491

    Default Re: Things I DON'T like about the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Knuckles View Post
    Two things seem to annoy me about the NFL. One, its this idiotic call timeout at the very last second just before the snap on a crucial FG attempt to "ice the kicker".
    since it worked you can count on seeing a lot more of it
    The real women sport expert

  9. #9
    EOG Dedicated Sleepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 21, 2011
    Location
    Albert Lea, MN
    Posts
    9,491

    Default Re: Things I DON'T like about the NFL

    Here's the shit I don't like...

    Get rid of challenges (do we really need to stop the game 10 times to review every close play?
    hurt players need to hobble of the field. game is already stopped enough
    no ice the kicker rule
    to many safety first rules. bullshit calls always seem to come on big plays
    no sliding allowed for the QB. its not flag football
    no two minute warning. just another unnecessary stoppage for more commercials
    kickoff unnecessary, just give the fukkin team the ball at the 25
    just play two halfs instead of 4 quarters. end of quarter is just another dumb excuse to stop the game and show us more commercials
    The real women sport expert

  10. #10

    Default Re: Things I DON'T like about the NFL

    I saw two instances last night where I thought the clock should have run after the ball was put in play. Once after a defensive holding penalty was declined because of a completed pass where the player was tackled in bounds. Offensive team gained more yards on the completed pass so the penalty was declined. Do the referee's get the clock management right on these type of penalties?
    "its time to start killing journalist" Mr. Merlin. 07-02-17

  11. #11

    Default Re: Things I DON'T like about the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
    Here's the shit I don't like...

    Get rid of challenges (do we really need to stop the game 10 times to review every close play?
    hurt players need to hobble of the field. game is already stopped enough
    no ice the kicker rule
    to many safety first rules. bullshit calls always seem to come on big plays
    no sliding allowed for the QB. its not flag football
    no two minute warning. just another unnecessary stoppage for more commercials
    kickoff unnecessary, just give the fukkin team the ball at the 25
    just play two halfs instead of 4 quarters. end of quarter is just another dumb excuse to stop the game and show us more commercials
    The biggest BS excuse for more commercials is the 2 minute warning. The NFL is the ONLY level of football that uses it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •