Friday, September 15: Bournemouth v Brighton PL on NBCSN

Thread: Friday, September 15: Bournemouth v Brighton PL on NBCSN

TYVM Morgan William!!! winkyduck's Avatar

Default Friday, September 15: Bournemouth v Brighton PL on NBCSN

Friday at Noon (PDT) on NBCSN

Bournemouth +115 (You can find prices a tad higher (+120 or even a tad more) but this is around what the WA number is)

In a 3-way soccer line when the fave is barely “Plus Money” that tells you all you need to know about how big of a favorite they are. In this case it is 100% justified. Even when the big fave has yet to get any points from 4 games.

Bournemouth is 0-4 but 3 of the 4 are “not bad” losses: Opening Day at West Brom, Hosting Man City and at Arsenal. The Man City game was a heartbreaker – allowing a fluke goal in the 97th minute. Arsenal was a case of “Wrong Place/Wrong Time” playing the Gunners the first game after the 2-week break and after the Gunners got embarrassed 4-0 at Liverpool. The “Bad Loss” was at home to Watford but the way Watford is now playing that loss doesn’t look as bad now.

Brighton has 4 points from 4 games but that is misleading. Their first game was at home against Man City and they were never in it – they were tough for 45 minutes but then City’s quality came thru. Next at Leicester they were never in the game. They went to Watford and played to a scoreless draw but only because Watford had a player commit one of the all-time dumbest Red Cards ever – if not for that Watford easily wins. In their last game they caught West Brom at the perfect time and easily won at home 3-1. I picked Brighton to finish last in the PL and I think the chance of that happening is still very good.

This is Bournemouth’s 3rd season in the PL. In Year 1 they were universally picked to be relegated. They weren’t and in the 2 full seasons they have played in the PL they have really never been in any relegation trouble at all. They now sit in 19th Place – in the Relegation Zone (Tied with Palace but ahead on GD – big deal). The season is barely over 10% old but if Bournemouth loses here they will see themselves at least 3 points from safety and probably more – and then things will start to get dicey for them.

I have a HUGE “Man Crush” on Bournemouth Manager Eddie Howe. He is BRILLIANT! When he took over at Bournemouth they were in danger of almost becoming extinct. Now they are in the PL and doing well. I am very confident Howe will be able to get him player up for this game. Unlike most PL games this one will be played Friday Night meaning it is the only PL game being played and all of England, and the World, will be watching (Sorta like MNF in the NFL). Brighton is about 100 miles away – only Southampton is closer in terms of distance. This means Bournemouth will have no trouble getting up for the game against a (somewhat) local rival and one they figure to be battling with all season in the bottom part of the table. Looking at the Cherries’ schedule they better get 3 points here or else they will soon find themselves in real relegation trouble.

I look for a “Super Bowl” effort from Bournemouth and win this game and win it rather easily. Playing ON Bournemouth is never an easy thing to do. They never make things easy and you are forced to sweat the outcome for the 90+ minutes of the game. I think we might have to sweat for maybe 45 but I see Bournemouth pulling away late. I’ll make the final: Bournemouth 2-0.
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

EOG Dedicated

Default Re: Friday Sept 15 Bournemouth v. Brighton PL on NBCSN

thank you

Thanks for your insight, Winky.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Thanks for your insight, Winky.
    Insight does no good if it fails to get to the window. I feel pretty good about this game. Hopefully I will feel the same way around 2P on Friday
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

Default Re: Friday, September 15: Bournemouth v Brighton PL on NBCSN

Giddyup, Winky. Nice cash.

Good call.

Bournemouth made me sweat but got to the window and that is all that matters

Hopefully Palace and Watford +1.5 on Saturday also get to the window

EOG Dedicated

thank you Winky,you come up with these off the wall winning wagers,again,i honestly thank you

Quote Originally Posted by michael777 View Post
    thank you Winky,you come up with these off the wall winning wagers,again,i honestly thank you
    Hope I helped you cash a ticket. I can tell you I have a PL game big time circled for early 2018. I input it in my phone to make sure I remember it ad hopefully get the line I think I might