Cubs/Nats Game 5 predictions/plays
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cubs/Nats Game 5 predictions/plays

Default Cubs/Nats Game 5 predictions/plays

There's already been significant swings in the #'s for tonight's game. The Cubs opened at -115 and now they are at -105 or lower at some books. The total opened at 8 and now it's down to 7.5

I think the early money is on the right sides. The NATS are benefiting from there not being a day off for travel. The momentum from yesterday should probably carry a bit more weight for them. The NATS played into Hendricks' hand in game one by being overly patient with their approach. He was able to nibble and get ahead in the count in too many key AB's. Dusty spoke of this and I believe a more aggressive approach will help them out a bit tonight.

Elimination games of course always favor the under with both teams having all hands on deck for pitching out of the pen. Gio has improved on his prior years command issues and I see him having a solid outing but I wouldn't sleep on Roark having a solid outing if they go to him early if Gio isn't sharp. As of now the wind shows blowing in at 11mph so don't count on any cheapie dongs. I agree with Javy on his Hendricks opinion. The guy is one of if not the most underrated starter in MLB. He probably doesn't get his due because his stuff lacks the wow factor.

NATS ml -105
    Under 7.5 -105

Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you on analysis/angles/opinions and plays

Default Re: Cubs/Nats Game 5 predictions/plays

Cubs for me.

As much as I hate them and would gladly trade a few hunny to see them out, cannot bet on a Dusty Baker team in this spotlight.

I agree with the under and think we'll see a super long drawn out game of chess tonight.

Cubs 3 Nats 2

I agree on the under. If one wanted to bet Washington, there was plus money last night. Too late now. I'm not sure they are the right side. The Cubs proved twice last year they can handle the win or go home pressure. Washington has never proven it can handle it.

Maddon has doubled down on his mistake of using Lester in a trailing situation, saying he will utilize Quintana in a similar role tonight. But at least its a win or go home situation, unlike yesterday. So if the Cubs do win, they are quite possibly looking at Lackey and Montgomery for NCLS games 1 and 2. And if Gio and Roark both pitch today, who starts game 1 in NLCS if they win? The real winner is the Dodgers.

EOG Dedicated

i agree a team has to swing against hendrix.....

hendrix cannot k guys.in big #'s.. he is more of a location guy & keeps it in park along with the cubs defense which is top tier.

If one does look at hitter/pitcher matchups, www.dailybaseballdata.com has superior data that includes data from playoff games as well regular season, as opposed to a site like espn.com, which only has regular season data.

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    If one does look at hitter/pitcher matchups, www.dailybaseballdata.com has superior data that includes data from playoff games as well regular season, as opposed to a site like espn.com, which only has regular season data.

i wish it was bigger on betting info without fantasy bs

I'm on the Nats. I think you get a combo of Gio and then Scherzer tonight

I trust Roark more than Gio in a big game. Gio walks too many and is prone to crooked #s in 1st innings. The Orange County Greg Maddux doppleganger is a winner. I would go johnny wholestaff if I were dusty, and not pitch gio more than 3 innings. Get to sherzer with a late lead

Eventus stultorum magister NowshesmyRuca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    I trust Roark more than Gio in a big game. Gio walks too many and is prone to crooked #s in 1st innings. The Orange County Greg Maddux doppleganger is a winner. I would go johnny wholestaff if I were dusty, and not pitch gio more than 3 innings. Get to sherzer with a late lead
    I agree with this If you could go Roark about 3 innings Gio 3 Sherzer 2 Doolittle to close
    Clowns make me laugh! :+textinb3

Hendricks was drafted out of Capo Valley but turned that down to walk on at Dartmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by NowshesmyRuca View Post
    I agree with this If you could go Roark about 3 innings Gio 3 Sherzer 2 Doolittle to close
    sherzer to close.

if your dodgers you want cubs to win imo.

Two horrible managers....especially after 6 innings.....one of them has to win....
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

take cubs first 5 and nats for whole game. 2-0 way more likely than 0-2. 1-0-1 is good also. I think cubs know they would lose to dodgers so will lose here subconsciously.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
    Two horrible managers....especially after 6 innings.....one of them has to win....
    Girardi and Roberts suck more. Astros only well coached team left.

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post

i agree here.....gio walks batter 4 sure but does not give up HR overall lifetime a low .0.76....cubs did give him fits last time...but cubs swing for hr. I would give swarber an AB early if men get on.......then pull him before he runs out to the field.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTop View Post
    i agree here.....gio walks batter 4 sure but does not give up HR overall lifetime a low .0.76....cubs did give him fits last time...but cubs swing for hr. I would give swarber an AB early if men get on.......then pull him before he runs out to the field.
    If Gio is starting, Schwarber won't be in starting lineup.

If they do save Schwarbers bat for pinch hitting or replacement I'm not sure even Dusty is dumb enough to put him in against a lefty.

EOG Dedicated

I'm waiting to see who the Cubswhisperer is on
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Lackey -1000 ML live in a 3-1 game on the road

EOG Dedicated

If Gio is starting, Schwarber won't be in starting lineup.

but if gio gets in trouble with walks.......they go to a righty pitcher...then switch to swarber down in lineup for the kill..... he does have an eye and power

swarber does not have to start

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Waiting for the line up cards but as of right now leaning sCrubs.

fuck

Cubs 50/50 shot to win just dropped to 20/80.

Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    Cubs 50/50 shot to win just dropped to 20/80.
    What you don't think I can go 6-0 everyday?

EOG Dedicated

i would use swarber early to hit only if gio walks 2-3...they go to a righty.... give me swarber with men on to pinch hit

take a shot to go up 3-0

cubs got a lot of power on bench in right spot

but if gio gets in trouble with walks.......they go to a righty pitcher...then switch to swarber down in lineup for the kill..... he does have an eye and power

swarber does not have to start
    Yes, they could utilize him as a PH in a high leverage situation. But you don't want his defense in LF late in the game. I would be surprised if he gets more than one plate appearance tonight.

EOG Dedicated

Yes, they could utilize him as a PH in a high leverage situation. But you don't want his defense in LF late in the game. I would be surprised if he gets more than one plate appearance tonight.

yes ... hide his mitt b4 he goes to OF

if cubs get right spot to pinch hit with men on.... they have to take a shot to KO wash with swarber then happ.... to hit 3 run hr

EOG Dedicated

i would pinch hit 1st inning and anywhere in the right spot.

EOG Dedicated

Dusty will find a way to fuck it up, he'll leave a pitcher in too long, or take him out too soon, somehow someway Dusty will do something stupid to cost his team
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

Quote Originally Posted by NowshesmyRuca View Post
    What you don't think I can go 6-0 everyday?
    I know you can go 4-15 in 19 plays, including a -1000 ML loser.

I saw it live.

played Cubs FF and FF un 4

Crew Chief Jerry Layne was behind the plate when

Hendricks threw against Phillies on 8-26 , 7 IP, 6 H, 2 ER , 0 BB, 8 K's (Cubs won 17-2)
    Gonzalez threw against Braves on 9-12 , 5 IP, 7H, 5 ER, 1 BB, 8 K's (Braves won 8-0)

Only person I trust in Cubs pen is Davis, and even that is shaky since blown save and eventual 'L' against Milw next to last weekend of season. I don't want to see Quintana out of pen, and don't want to see Edwards Jr. Cubs have to hope Hendricks goes deep, otherwise they are in trouble IMO

What a surprise...great contributions and predictions in this thread and Javy comes in full attack and troll mode.

Javy, you in?

Gonzalez named the starter

i would pinch hit 1st inning and anywhere in the right spot.
    Savvy move would be for Maddon to put Arrieta in LF hitting 5th when he turns his lineup card in.