Dusty Baker has now lost 10 consecutive close out games as a manager

Thread: Dusty Baker has now lost 10 consecutive close out games as a manager

Default Dusty Baker has now lost 10 consecutive close out games as a manager

Incredible.

Anyone interested in putting in the work to figure out what the betting odds of him losing all 10 of those games were? I wasn't big into gambling back in 2003, but I imagine Cubs were healthy favorites in games 6 and 7 in 2003.

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Default Re: Dusty Baker has now lost 10 consecutive close out games as a manager

I believe they were -200 game 6 and -180 game 7.

Does anyone remember the poster at the Rx who had the Marlins +165000 to win the WS that year? Kid got paid also.

Default Re: Dusty Baker has now lost 10 consecutive close out games as a manager

Amazing stuff. However, I think last night, could have been the last time. Baker does not have a contract for next year, and he looked fried after that loss.

Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    I believe they were -200 game 6 and -180 game 7.

Does anyone remember the poster at the Rx who had the Marlins +165000 to win the WS that year? Kid got paid also.
    So even assuming the other 8 games were around 50/50, we're talking about something like... winning the lottery odds to lose all 10 of these games.

Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    Incredible.

Anyone interested in putting in the work to figure out what the betting odds of him losing all 10 of those games were? I wasn't big into gambling back in 2003, but I imagine Cubs were healthy favorites in games 6 and 7 in 2003.
    Game 6 in 2003 was the Bartman game. Cubs were a big (minus 260) favorite at home with Prior going. After the events late in the game of game 6, it's hard to believe but the Cubs were minus 220 with Wood going up against Mark Redman.

But Dusty's close out game futility goes back before that. In 2002, his Giants lost game 7 to the Angels. Starting pitcher for the Angels that day? None other than John Lackey.

Prices were from covers.com