2017-18 MLB Hot Stove League chatter - Page 4
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 MLB Hot Stove League chatter

Default Re: 2017-18 MLB Hot Stove League chatter

Rangers signing starters for serious money while depending on Barnett as a 7th inning guy and erratic Bush to close is as silly as giving Fister 6 million... oh wait

Cubs might just sign Cobb and Morrow and call it a day. Not thrilled about it, but saves a lot of money to maybe be in on Harper and they can always move a big name like Baez or Schwarber for a front line starter if things are needed.

Hosmer and Boras seeking 10 yr/200m that's just asinine. Leaves Washington, Boston, St. Louis (seriously doubt it) yankees and san Fran (what do you do with Posey) is there anyone Im missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Drnkyourmlkshk View Post
    Hosmer and Boras seeking 10 yr/200m that's just asinine. Leaves Washington, Boston, St. Louis (seriously doubt it) yankees and san Fran (what do you do with Posey) is there anyone Im missing?
    Agreed-That is a ridiculous request. It never ceases to amaze how many stupid GM's are out there that agree to insane deals so I won't be shocked if a team comes close to paying it. I rarely agree with giving 1B's huge contracts unless they're a transcendent power guy or someone like Goldy who brings value on the bases as well. Hosmers best quality might be his durability-guy almost never misses a game.

As far as your last question I think Colorado would be an intriguing fit. Having the righty/lefty combo in the order with him and Arrenado would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Agreed-That is a ridiculous request. It never ceases to amaze how many stupid GM's are out there that agree to insane deals so I won't be shocked if a team comes close to paying it. I rarely agree with giving 1B's huge contracts unless they're a transcendent power guy or someone like Goldy who brings value on the bases as well. Hosmers best quality might be his durability-guy almost never misses a game.

As far as your last question I think Colorado would be an intriguing fit. Having the righty/lefty combo in the order with him and Arrenado would be fun.
    Where does Desmond play then? He was your 1b to be that I forgot about because he was hurt. Parra is healthy and he signed a big contract. You have Dahl as the future/blackmon/parra you unload cargo and the mega contract. Not a bad spot to be in. They have a helluva lineup and no closer/middle relief. 2nd hf over might be alive and well again at coors. Frontline starters are good but take a hit w chatwood gone. I think Moreland is a good coors field type of option reminds me of Helton a little if they actually attempt to spend that kind of money.

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Dee Gordon traded to Seattle, will move to CF.
    Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
    -

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    Dee Gordon traded to Seattle, will move to CF.
    The Marlins latest payroll purge has begun
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

Where does Desmond play then? He was your 1b to be that I forgot about because he was hurt. Parra is healthy and he signed a big contract. You have Dahl as the future/blackmon/parra you unload cargo and the mega contract. Not a bad spot to be in. They have a helluva lineup and no closer/middle relief. 2nd hf over might be alive and well again at coors. Frontline starters are good but take a hit w chatwood gone. I think Moreland is a good coors field type of option reminds me of Helton a little if they actually attempt to spend that kind of money.
    In my opinion signing Desmond to play 1B was an absurd idea to begin with-They'd be well served to dump him off if they can. If not he's not bad as a utility option with his infield/outfield versatility but he's declined quite a bit overall. I like your Moreland idea for a cheaper option. Who knows, maybe they don't sign a 1B and they give Ryan McMahon the job and he runs with it. If I were GM I'd see if a team might bite on Story if they can get a young arm back in return. Brendan Rogers is only a year away and likely their SS for next ten years or more.

I do like the Rockies future-great young talent and excellent bats still down in their farm system. They just need to find some decent SP's (don't need great ones) who can consistently give them 6 innings to give their bully more rest than they usually get.

There are already murmers that they wont keep Arenado and Blackmon which is understandable but sad this is a got to win now kind of year for them. If they waste the money from Cargo on Arrietta Ill be pretty dissapointed as someone who goes to a lot of games. Their lack of run production down the stretch/coupled with Holland running out of gas really hurt them. Then again dodgers same division hard to imagine they can win the west.

Stanton says he will only accept a trade to the Cubs, Yankees, Dodgers, or Astros...

Everyone wants to be in Chicago... not on the south side...

Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    Stanton says he will only accept a trade to the Cubs, Yankees, Dodgers, or Astros...

Everyone wants to be in Chicago... not on the south side...
    You hoping for Stanton to Cubs?

Am I the only one who didnt notice Ryon Healy going to Seattle?! They might have the most improved lineup in the AL in '18.
    Gordon gives legit speed and OPS and Healy coupled with Cruz, Seager and Zunino that's a ton of power. They have no starting pitching.
    How is anyone a A's fan? Serious question its got to be the hardest team to be a fan of ever.

Angels land Otani.........

Quote Originally Posted by bomzee View Post
    Angels land Otani.........
    They landed Ohtani.

Am I the only one who didnt notice Ryon Healy going to Seattle?! They might have the most improved lineup in the AL in '18.
    Gordon gives legit speed and OPS and Healy coupled with Cruz, Seager and Zunino that's a ton of power. They have no starting pitching.
    How is anyone a A's fan? Serious question its got to be the hardest team to be a fan of ever.
    Healy posted a .754 OPS, including a .676 OPS away from O.co... not sure anyone should be impressed by that.

Hell, Schwarber had the 'worst year ever' with a .782 OPS, with the first 2 months dragging him down .140 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by bomzee View Post
    They landed Ohtani.
    yeah, not a smart pick by him in all honesty, it's very likely the kid underachieves but there's no risk so it's a good signing for Angels

yeah, not a smart pick by him in all honesty, it's very likely the kid underachieves but there's no risk so it's a good signing for Angels
    Ohtani is under a severely reduced contract so signing with a market like LA greatly enhances his endorsement and earning potential

I thought for sure the Padres. Nomo is in their organization....manager played in Japan plus many more Japanese ties. But yeah LA/Orange County a huge Japanese market probably swung it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heim View Post
    I thought for sure the Padres. Nomo is in their organization....manager played in Japan plus many more Japanese ties. But yeah LA/Orange County a huge Japanese market probably swung it.
    The one thing that may have happened is he took the Padres and maybe Mariners meetings out of respect. Respect very different in Japan obviously, he probably would have felt it was rude to not have them as finalists because of the people involved in both organizations, even if he didn't want to go.

Honestly, when you think about it, LAA makes perfect sense. The kid didn't want to be on a huge stage because he's a bit scared, and he also wanted to be in LA because shit he's Japanese, where else would he be able to acclimate the easiest. So picking the Angels is a good middle ground, people won't be on his case too much if he fails because not many people care about the Angels unless they're good.

Stanton rejects trade to Cardinals and Giants officially

The one thing that may have happened is he took the Padres and maybe Mariners meetings out of respect. Respect very different in Japan obviously, he probably would have felt it was rude to not have them as finalists because of the people involved in both organizations, even if he didn't want to go.

Honestly, when you think about it, LAA makes perfect sense. The kid didn't want to be on a huge stage because he's a bit scared, and he also wanted to be in LA because shit he's Japanese, where else would he be able to acclimate the easiest. So picking the Angels is a good middle ground, people won't be on his case too much if he fails because not many people care about the Angels unless they're good.
    If he was scared he would have stayed in Japan.

EOG Dedicated

If he was scared he would have stayed in Japan.
    Had he signed with the Cubs, Javy would have him winning the C.Y. next year

I already gave my take on Ohtani, who I was following 3 years ago

kane, instead of be a little bitch with a chip on your shoulder, how about you positively contribute to the forum for ONCE. Just once.

EOG Dedicated

I contribute plenty here sweetie, you're a delusional homer who thinks the entire baseball world revolves around the Cubs, and I stand by my statement, had Ohtani signed with the Cubs you'd be doing cartwheels, he signs elsewhere, well then he's just scared

EOG Dedicated

BTW, you'll do the same thing with Stanton, you have two different thoughts ready to post, one if he goes to the Cubs, another if he ends up elsewhere

Your comment completely contradicts reality, since I made my comments about Ohtani long before his decision.

You're a useless sack of shit and frankly it's hilarious to know you're sitting there crippled because you're so uncoordinated you couldn't walk down the stairs. My grandmother is 94 and still makes it up and down stairs. What age did you cripple yourself? Have a nice weekend with the trannies, sweetie

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    BTW, you'll do the same thing with Stanton, you have two different thoughts ready to post, one if he goes to the Cubs, another if he ends up elsewhere
    I've made my thoughts on Stanton clear as well sweetie, sorry, nice try, enjoy your trannies this weekend!

EOG Dedicated

Your comment completely contradicts reality, since I made my comments about Ohtani long before his decision.

You're a useless sack of shit and frankly it's hilarious to know you're sitting there crippled because you're so uncoordinated you couldn't walk down the stairs. My grandmother is 94 and still makes it up and down stairs. What age did you cripple yourself? Have a nice weekend with the trannies, sweetie
    Sorry sweetie, but you're the one with the tranny girlfriend not me

EOG Dedicated

I've made my thoughts on Stanton clear as well sweetie, sorry, nice try, enjoy your trannies this weekend!
    The only thing you make clear is you're a delusional homer who thinks the entire baseball world revolves around Wrigley field, enjoy your tranny sweetie

EOG Dedicated

Your baseball knowledge consists entirely of being a cubbies fanboy

EOG Dedicated

JavyBaez9

Timely is my bitchJoin DateAug 24, 2014Posts16,800

Re: Jason Heyward v. Yoenis Cespedes

Originally Posted by Ronaldo
    I don't disagree. But I do think most reasonable Cub fans would agree Theo's track record with big FA contracts is questionable. His other areas of franchise development have been very good.

A contract should be measured at the time of the deal. You could sign a good deal that becomes a bad one due to no fault of your own.

The Heyward deal was a good one. Not many educated baseball opinions would disagree.

Wrong again sweetie, only a delusional Cubs homer would think the Heyward deal was a good one

^ full blown mental breakdown in action

38 million to Chatwood....

Cubbies reaching...
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
    38 million to Chatwood....

Cubbies reaching...
    lol

EOG Dedicated

Alex Cobb to Cubs seems likely... I'll take a rotation of Lester, Hendricks, Ohtani, Quintana, Cobb
    I'm sure you would love to have Ohtani in the Cubs rotation, but since he signed with a team not named the Cubs, that makes him scared, LMAO