Did not read the story but I know guys here worship him (Billy Walters)

Thread: Did not read the story but I know guys here worship him (Billy Walters)

Default Did not read the story but I know guys here worship him (Billy Walters)

Default Re: didnt read it but I know guys here worship him....

I don't

Default Re: didnt read it but I know guys here worship him....

Interesting

Default Re: Did not read the story but I know guys here worship him (Billy Walters)

I was aware of BW's five golf courses but I had no idea he owned 23 car dealerships.

Default Re: Did not read the story but I know guys here worship him (Billy Walters)

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    I was aware of BW's five golf courses but I had no idea he owned 23 car dealerships.
    corruption pays.

They way he got everything he wanted in Vegas you would think he had dirt on everyone. but he must not have since he never used any of it to get out of this mess. But he is so egotistical he probably never thought he would be convicted. I also think he thinks he is going win an appeal. if he doesnt then we might see some dirt fly.

How ironic if he had every dirty detail on all the sports teams going there and all the shit that Vegas did to get them and how much stolen(hidden) money was passed around.

Conjecture obviously but no way the NFL (was) desperate enough to put a team there. NOW after all the shit thats happened this season MAYBE but no way was there a 'need' for them to go to Vegas. So you know some shady shit went on.

As I have said on this board for the 12 or so years I have posted here Billy Walters never made an honest penny in his life and his best skill was staying out of prison as long as he has. But mostly because they never looked at him for the right crimes.

Again Ironic that the 'biggest' gambler in the world always beat the rap due to (usually) lack of evidence. yet in a crime where transactions are traced much less than sports betting actually he was convicted. Thats why I say 90% of the BW stories involving sports betting are complete fairy tales. because if he did evan a half a dozen of the hundred (probably thousands) of things he was supposed to have done they would have buried him a long time ago.

It’s clear he has some serious disorders and did anything possible to accumulate his fortune even if it was illegal or sleazy. Not uncommon for people of his nature but he really has demons to conquer, maybe prison will do him some good.

An old old man shouldn’t worry about looking like a winner.

If Walters never did the 60 minutes piece where he thumbed his nose at the Feds I doubt this trouble ever would've happened. Insider trading is so many times a made up charge that they can pretty much nail anybody they want with.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If Walters never did the 60 minutes piece where he thumbed his nose at the Feds I doubt this trouble ever would've happened. Insider trading is so many times a made up charge that they can pretty much nail anybody they want with.
    In that piece he never once mentioned off shore books or anything pertaining to them....
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
    In that piece he never once mentioned off shore books or anything pertaining to them....
    Correct, but he bragged on national TV about constantly beating the Feds in court

SportsOptions/Line up with the pros

Wasn't that Cohen (WSEX) and his undoing as well?

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
    In the piece, a close-up of his betting screen was shown with lines from "CRIS", "Greek", "Pinacle" , "Grande", et al, but I'm sure the feds had no idea what that screen meant. ... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Correct, but he bragged on national TV about constantly beating the Feds in court
    Four indictments, all dropped. However, what he said about the crooks on Wall Street near the end of the segment is more likely what pissed off the feds.

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    The 60 minutes segment mentioned the car dealerships. Did you view it?

He started as a used car salesman in kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    He started as a used car salesman in kentucky
    And slept in them many nights...

How greedy can you get.How much money do you need at his age, he is 71 and was getting all his insider info from thomas davis about deans foods up to 2014.

You need a few more million to spend your 70s in even more comfort, you already worth a fortune . Going to prison over securities fraud when he was already stinking rich

My question is what about Phil Mickelson and Carl Icahn. Strange how mickelson always seems to get away from the same type of insider trading without a scratch.

Walters is writing a book, and Mickelson is going to be buried in it.
    "David is aware of this thread and he's disappointed about the developments."

Quote Originally Posted by 2W2P2S View Post
    Walters is writing a book, and Mickelson is going to be buried in it.
    Hope he includes Lefty stiffing a couple offshore books...

Quote Originally Posted by ComptrBob View Post
    In the piece, a close-up of his betting screen was shown with lines from "CRIS", "Greek", "Pinacle" , "Grande", et al, but I'm sure the feds had no idea what that screen meant. ... LOL

Four indictments, all dropped. However, what he said about the crooks on Wall Street near the end of the segment is more likely what pissed off the feds.
    Good point on the Wall Street quote-I forgot about that one