Coaching carousel - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Coaching carousel

Default Re: Coaching carousel

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    Miss St and Oregon St jobs go to two offensive coordinators.

Both hires are having decent positive feedback
    The Morehead hire is a good one. Im not sold on a 38 yr old oc whos only experience saw regression from the year prior. That osu job is a pretty large rebuild they were pretty experienced this year. I feel for purdue if they lose Brohm to Tennessee. Hes special and that program was on the rise. I also don't see him as a SEC type of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drnkyourmlkshk View Post
    The Morehead hire is a good one. Im not sold on a 38 yr old oc whos only experience saw regression from the year prior. That osu job is a pretty large rebuild they were pretty experienced this year. I feel for purdue if they lose Brohm to Tennessee. Hes special and that program was on the rise. I also don't see him as a SEC type of guy.
    Agreed on Purdue-hoping they can retain Brohm for another year or two. If Brohm leaves I wonder if Sumlin would go to Purdue since it's his alma mater.

EOG Dedicated

herm edwards to zona st.................

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Agreed on Purdue-hoping they can retain Brohm for another year or two. If Brohm leaves I wonder if Sumlin would go to Purdue since it's his alma mater.
    They can't afford him. Hes not a budget kind of guy with the buy out he just got. He would be a fit at fsu initially. He recruits his tail off but not a emphasis on D would hurt him long term.

EOG Dedicated

Dave Doeren just turned down Tennessee, so funny they can't find anyone who wants the job
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Dave Doeren just turned down Tennessee, so funny they can't find anyone who wants the job
    2 unnamed assistants from the SEC both turned down the Vols job as well neither had HC experience reported by SI and Finebaum. Im positive one was Jeremy Pruitt who can name his school and price.
    Who would want that job? 5 star Fr QB who showed nothing, starting over on D and st's. A 6-7 win cieling and a fan base, booster club expectation of 10 with a history of firing you after 2 years and making you unhireable afterwards.
    And if Tennessee wasnt crazy enough look at Arkansas maybe even worst.

I would imagine another sticking point with Tennessee job might be the incoming coach has to be wondering who his new boss will be as AD Currie might very well get canned in 6 months or so after screwing up this hire.

Agree with all the above points Drink makes about the fan base. UT is under .500 for last 10 years but they still have unreal expectations.

On a different note ....Checking the accuracy of a Nebraska rumor. This would not be a scoop at this point, but it will be interesting to see how close the prevailing rumor for the past 2 weeks turns out to be. That is that Frost will receive $35 Million for a 7 year contract. Should find out Sunday or Monday if those #'s are right.

EOG Dedicated

Default Re: coaching carousel

FSU now becomes the best job available, I wonder who they go after
    It's official, Fisher is an Aggie, really curious who gets the Seminole job

Drink loves pizza and handkerchiefs JavyBaez9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I would imagine another sticking point with Tennessee job might be the incoming coach has to be wondering who his new boss will be as AD Currie might very well get canned in 6 months or so after screwing up this hire.

Agree with all the above points Drink makes about the fan base. UT is under .500 for last 10 years but they still have unreal expectations.
    Fulmer hand picking the next coach

Fisher's contract is definitely Jumbo....

Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    Fulmer hand picking the next coach
    By consolation it has to be Tee Martin.

EOG Dedicated

Chad Morris to Arkansas

Troy Dye @Tdye15dbTroy
    He lied straight to my dads face in my living room Thursday night. He didn't keep his word to me Monday. Lost all my respect. https://twitter.com/aaronjfentress/status/938449692131696640 …

Alabama D.C. Jeremy Pruitt to Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by boston massacre View Post
    Alabama D.C. Jeremy Pruitt to Tennessee.
    ....Pruitt plans to still coach Alabamas defense in the new year day playoff game vs Clemson.

EOG Dedicated

Mario Cristobal gets the Oregon job

Just a horrible hire.

Panic hire. They want a stable guy and one that will be able to keep the signees that they have and not lose this big name class they have lined up and went with the head recruiter and not a head coach.

Rice gets Blomgren OC from Stanford which was a good hire for them but a bad fit in C-Usa which is going with speedy offenses and the only quality alot of programs have is run D. His run 1st/ball control ideology only works if you have a good D. Rice hasn't had a D or athletes on that side of the ball in 3 years now which is what cost Bailiff.

Utep shocked me by going KSU OC Dana Dimel. I figured along with everyone who follows Utep they'd get a speed/spread type of guy after going 128th in O and points per possession in 17. They lose their All american OT to the NFL. Looks to be more of the same in my mind.
    How Niel Brown at Troy, Candle at Toledo, Littrell at North Texas or Satterfield at app st havent gotten better jobs yet is mind boggling.

Brent Pry DC at Penn st. Looks to have the ULL job locked up. That means PSU will lose their OC, DC. Heisman candidate RB. 3 yr starting qb, a NFL TE and WR along with 7 starters on D. Talk about turnover.

South alabama hires Steve Campbell from Central Arkansas. Makes sense as he has a offensive background and their HC Jones was lost this year in who to use as a qb and they couldn't score in trivial spots.

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

A lot of good nuggets in this thread.

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

The MAC was down this year. You can tell by the lack of promotions at the HC level.

Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    The MAC was down this year. You can tell by the lack of promotions at the HC level.
    Down is a understatement. You had Haynes stinking up the joint and Ball state was completely 100% uncompetetive from weeks 6 on. Bowling green has a future in that fr qb who played the last 3 weeks unfortunately they dont have a Head football coach.
    The worst 2 performances by a head coach for a program lied in the MAC.
    Martin and Miami Oh were the chalk to win the MAC preseason. Martin went 0-5 in one possession games.
    Not to be outdone Creighton at EMU went 1-6 in one possession games. His one win? Against Martin at Miami-Oh that would have given bowl eligibility to Miami.
    Solish is 72, bowden is 60 something and rarely even bothers wearing a headset. He is a spectator at times.
    Rod carey is punting from central michigans 26 on 4th and 2 (I think that game was fishy as hell honestly and ive never thought that before)
    And ordering oatmeal for dinner hes so conservative with no imagination.
    Bonamego is a tool.
    Buffalo has a bright future but got shunned by the bowl committee which is a travesty.
    Wmu HC did nothing to convince me he will good.
    It was as bad as it gets. If Umass stayed in the Mac they were the 3rd best team easily in my eyes.