Who has blocked you on Twitter?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 35 of 48

Thread: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

  1. #1

    Default Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    You are blocked from following @franfraschilla and viewing @franfraschilla's Tweets

  2. #2

    Default Re: who has blocked you on twitter?

    You are blocked from following @CoCoVandey and viewing @CoCoVandey's Tweets

  3. #3

    Default Re: who has blocked you on twitter?

    I actually have a pretty large anonymous account on Twitter and post a lot of shit and the only two people who have ever blocked me to my knowledge are David Price and Lauren Duca.

  4. #4

    Default Re: who has blocked you on twitter?

    I didn’t say much to Price, he has the thinnest skin of any professional athlete. Explains completely his performance in big games. I probably deserved the Lauren Duca block.

  5. #5
    EOG Dedicated Sleepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 21, 2011
    Location
    Albert Lea, MN
    Posts
    9,863

    Default Re: who has blocked you on twitter?

    I can be a dick in the forums but I think that's pretty low to troll athletes on twitter. I almost trolled Pliskova for quitting but I don't think she can read so I didn't waste my time.
    The real women sport expert

  6. #6

    Default Re: who has blocked you on twitter?

    Matt Berry -ESPN fantasy guy. Its a joke that guy gets paid the money he does. His fantasy analysis is awful because he's lazy and doesn't do his homework.

  7. #7

    Default Re: who has blocked you on twitter?

    RJ Bell blocked me.

    I think when the Deadspin article came out. Wasn’t overly critical I don’t think- just an incredibly thin skinned tout.

  8. #8

    Default Re: who has blocked you on twitter?

    Joey galloway for not knowing the name of a qb he was insulting during a aac halftime game between memphis and uconn. Phil steele for being a dolt and not also having a sense of humor.

  9. #9
    TYVM Morgan William!!! winkyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 22, 2005
    Location
    Playboy Mansion
    Posts
    27,988

    Default Re: who has blocked you on twitter?

    I have too many to mention. That I know of. I'll post the list later but it is a long list. And for the most part - all are justified
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

  10. #10

    Default Re: who has blocked you on twitter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Matt Berry -ESPN fantasy guy. Its a joke that guy gets paid the money he does. His fantasy analysis is awful because he's lazy and doesn't do his homework.

    OMG thank you!!!

    I thought I was the only one. The guy is a fraud, not sure why anyone thinks he's a fantasy expert.

    Read this tweet his posted today, he doesn't even commit to opinions half the time
    Seeing lots of optimism on J Gordon. I get it. Great story & I do believe they will try to target him a lot. BUT in wk 13 unless you're desperate & need to swing for fences, he's wait & see for me. Should be rostered in every lg but tough matchup, haven't seen him-I'm risk averse

    9:53 AM - 3 Dec 2017





  11. #11

    Default Re: who has blocked you on twitter?

    I am always tempted to tweet to Berry. But I'd hate to be blocked because when I want to see a very square way of looking into fantasy I read his stuff. School boy mind.

  12. #12

    Default Re: who has blocked you on twitter?

    So you want to tweet to Berry and mock him plus call him a square but when that happens to you the whining about being picked on begins...ok gabe

  13. #13

    Default Re: who has blocked you on twitter?

    Morgan Pressel, told her stop raiding Granny’s wardrobe.
    Blocked, despite the good advice offered free of charge.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    I am easily blocked by over 1000 people, many of whom I've never even heard of. In some cases, they are probably the ghost accounts of touts I've criticized (a lot of touts run a bunch of different Twitter accounts selling picks to increase the chance that one of their personas goes "hot" at any time). I've had a ton of people block me simply because I've seen them interacting with a fraud tout and I've said "FYI that guy is a fraud, here are his records." You'd think they'd appreciate that I tried to save them money. I'm probably blocked by several hundred journalists and radio hosts for saying things like "RJ Bell is a fraud, here is the Deadspin article" or "Please don't quote Bovada odds, they are not market indicative and they deal dual lines so you often can't even bet those lines."

    I at least understand why touts and frauds block me, but it's incredibly annoying when journalists call me and others "trolls" simply for saying things like "Bovada is not a good source" when I'm not even being a dick about it, and politely explaining why that's the case. There are a lot of people out there who treat the block button on Twitter as a way to shield themselves from any negative content whatsoever, or even the most well intentioned corrections, because all they care about is self promotion and don't give a shit about improving the content they produce.

    The most amazing blocks are that I've probably had 15 or 20 people this year tweet at me that they are blocking me because "I am a tout." You would need amazingly bad reading comprehension to read my Twitter feed and think I am selling picks considering I don't even tweet picks myself or even really talk about games very much.

  15. #15

    Default Re: who has blocked you on twitter?

    [QUOTE=Gabe;4959458]OMG thank you!!!

    I thought I was the only one. The guy is a fraud, not sure why anyone thinks he's a fantasy expert.

    Read this tweet his posted today, he doesn't even commit to opinions half the time
    Seeing lots of optimism on J Gordon. I get it. Great story & I do believe they will try to target him a lot. BUT in wk 13 unless you're desperate & need to swing for fences, he's wait & see for me. Should be rostered in every lg but tough matchup, haven't seen him-I'm risk averse

    9:53 AM - 3 Dec 2017

    I first became annoyed with him when he went on the Howard Stern show a couple of years ago. When Howard asked him if there were other guys that do what he does for a living Berrys exact response was "Nobody worth mentioning". Even though he's the featured fantasy guy at ESPN there are 3 guys at ESPN alone who are much better than him:
    Eric Karabell
    Field Yates
    Mike Clay

    Next year I'm going to look into going oppo on his weekly Love/Hate list for prop bets

  16. #16

    Default Re: who has blocked you on twitter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    I am always tempted to tweet to Berry. But I'd hate to be blocked because when I want to see a very square way of looking into fantasy I read his stuff. School boy mind.
    In my opinion the best fantasy guy out there is Jamey Eisenberg on CBS sports.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    @JameyEisenberg

  18. #18

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    Quote Originally Posted by groovinmahoovin View Post
    I am easily blocked by over 1000 people, many of whom I've never even heard of. In some cases, they are probably the ghost accounts of touts I've criticized (a lot of touts run a bunch of different Twitter accounts selling picks to increase the chance that one of their personas goes "hot" at any time). I've had a ton of people block me simply because I've seen them interacting with a fraud tout and I've said "FYI that guy is a fraud, here are his records." You'd think they'd appreciate that I tried to save them money. I'm probably blocked by several hundred journalists and radio hosts for saying things like "RJ Bell is a fraud, here is the Deadspin article" or "Please don't quote Bovada odds, they are not market indicative and they deal dual lines so you often can't even bet those lines."

    I at least understand why touts and frauds block me, but it's incredibly annoying when journalists call me and others "trolls" simply for saying things like "Bovada is not a good source" when I'm not even being a dick about it, and politely explaining why that's the case. There are a lot of people out there who treat the block button on Twitter as a way to shield themselves from any negative content whatsoever, or even the most well intentioned corrections, because all they care about is self promotion and don't give a shit about improving the content they produce.

    The most amazing blocks are that I've probably had 15 or 20 people this year tweet at me that they are blocking me because "I am a tout." You would need amazingly bad reading comprehension to read my Twitter feed and think I am selling picks considering I don't even tweet picks myself or even really talk about games very much.

    It’s because of the fake account that posts as you. They post plays every day.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    I blocked Gabe.
    No offence, I block all touts.
    Looking past your highly dubious tout services, and your shenanigans with Bushay, I really think you’re a swell guy.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    I’m not a toutYou were clearly misinformed by the village idiot you’re easily influenced

  21. #21
    EOG Dedicated Heim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30, 2006
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    18,135

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    I’m not a toutYou were clearly misinformed by the village idiot you’re easily influenced
    Your site literally begs for money from any source that coincidentally has betting picks. How is that not touting?

  22. #22

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    If you believe I’m a tout then you read thread titles and use that as gospel. Nobody that I’d consider worth a shit would believe something based on a thread title.

    Not a tout and never was. Been approached and don’t want too. Have a good thing going already.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    Money isn't the only thing he's begging for

  24. #24

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    I’m only blocked by two people on Twitter to my knowledge. One of them is Oklahoma head coach Lincoln Riley. When he was OC at ecu I ripped him a new ahole with his late strategy in a game against UCF. UCF won that game on a Hail Mary . One of the worst end games I’ve ever seen.
    You got to lose to know how to win.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    Quote Originally Posted by alldaycapper View Post
    I’m only blocked by two people on Twitter to my knowledge. One of them is Oklahoma head coach Lincoln Riley. When he was OC at ecu I ripped him a new ahole with his late strategy in a game against UCF. UCF won that game on a Hail Mary . One of the worst end games I’ve ever seen.

    And the other person?

  26. #26

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    A guy who was on the reality show horseplayers. His name is Michael Beychok. He got so mad at me for thinking American pharaoh should have won SI athlete of the year over his hero Serena Williams. Yes he is very liberal, which I don’t have a problem with, except he’s the biggest pussy on Twitter.
    You got to lose to know how to win.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    The biggest pussy on Twitter?

    Deep field.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    It’s because of the fake account that posts as you. They post plays every day.
    It doesn't surprise me people are too clueless to tell the difference between groovinmahovin with one o and groovinmahoovin with two o's, but that doesn't make sense because if they somehow see the fake groovin and hit "block," that would block the fake groovin but not me. And if they were replying to fake groovin to say "I am blocking you," the reply would go to fake groovin and not me.

    The idiot mods on Peeps have been insisting for years I was a tout, long before Fezzik made that fake Groovin account, so I guess it's possible one dolt tells another dolt "Groovin is a tout!" and they just block me.

  29. #29

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    The biggest pussy on Twitter?

    Deep field.
    Exactly the reason I might be done with Twitter at years end. Funny that sports bettors and horse players, whom I wouldn’t trust with $2, think they’re experts on fiscal issues.

    I’ve been off and on twitter for 6-7 years now. When it started people posted plays and there was good conversation. Now it’s hypocrites arguing with each other all day. If being stupid were illegal, I’d have them all arrested tomorrow.
    You got to lose to know how to win.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    Quote Originally Posted by alldaycapper View Post
    Exactly the reason I might be done with Twitter at years end. Funny that sports bettors and horse players, whom I wouldn’t trust with $2, think they’re experts on fiscal issues.

    I’ve been off and on twitter for 6-7 years now. When it started people posted plays and there was good conversation. Now it’s hypocrites arguing with each other all day. If being stupid were illegal, I’d have them all arrested tomorrow.
    People on Twitter act like idiots, but I don't really think they are any worse than the nonsense I read on forums. I was just thinking about my early days learning about sports betting 20 years ago and the Usenet group rec.gambling.sports was a complete sewer; when a blackjack and poker AP Abdul Jalib showed up in the group, the resident morons mocked him for his modeling attempts. EOG had a head mod for a while that would post 60 times in a row melting down over some game he had bet, the Shrink routinely sent people to sportsbooks that would steal from them, etc.

    You are correct though to some extent that it's behavioral. Yesterday some guy who hosts a gambling podcast promoted a moron named Jason R McIntyre as "good at gambling." McIntyre has promoted RJ Bell, Kelly in Vegas et al as "gambling experts." The host mentioned he teased Bengals and the under in a tweet. I said "you are teasing NFL totals and you think you are qualified to dispense gambling advice and critique someone else's gambling acumen?" This idiot replied telling me to "mind my own business about what he bets with his own money" and one of his moron nuthuggers said "Yeah I just blocked that guy, it was creepy how he chimed in." On what planet is it "creepy" to tell a gambling host is he giving out demonstrably shitty advice in a public forum??? These two morons acted as if I was butting into a private conversation, when the host was giving public advice.

    I think a big part of the problem with Twitter is the interface. One is it's impossible to follow conversations because the threading sucks and since anyone that blocks you will just disappear from the conversation, the context will often disappear. Two is that it is basically set up so that people just pop on to Twitter at whatever time and see what's going on at that time but they don't read back to see what they missed. So it's routine that I tweet about something, then tweet about it again a few hours later, and people don't know what I'm talking about bc they missed the previous conversation. Whereas in a forum thread, it is much easier to just read the day of threads and the previous posts in a thread in which you are interested.

  31. #31

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    Adc

    It has trickled down to the forums what you described sounds just like here. Instead of sharing information and helping each other out , theyd rather put down their fellow forum person to make themselves feel better about themselves.

    Everybody wants to act like a big shot and a big bettor and wants to front and act like something they’re not.

    I don’t know when it began but people on the forums have turned really superficial

  32. #32

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Adc

    It has trickled down to the forums what you described sounds just like here. Instead of sharing information and helping each other out , theyd rather put down their fellow forum person to make themselves feel better about themselves.

    Everybody wants to act like a big shot and a big bettor and wants to front and act like something they’re not.

    I don’t know when it began but people on the forums have turned really superficial
    One word comes to mind delusional....big shot?...here's an easy one not that long ago you trying to mock W2W because he goes to Vegas once a year while you claimed 7...you whine and cry and guilty of the very things you cry about

  33. #33

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    if I lived in California I'd go to Vegas twice a month

    it's a bitch of a flight from Chicago though so I need a couple days extra on the weekend to make it worth it to me

  34. #34

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    I would go for 3 or 4 days...now its usually a week minimum I pop down to PHX for a few days to see friends

  35. #35

    Default Re: Who has blocked you on Twitter?

    I’d go to Vegas a lot more if they offered reduced juice , bonuses.

    Plus there is so much to do here LA and the weather is fantastic 350 out of 365 days a the year.

    Vegas is not what it used to be either , corporations have made it hard. Accountants counting every dime spent at these casinos.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •