The greatest day in basketball history
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 35 of 37

Thread: The greatest day in basketball history

  1. #1

    Default The greatest day in basketball history


  2. #2
    GO Bucks!!! Almost Allright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 20, 2006
    Location
    Urban Meyer's garage
    Posts
    16,638
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Birdie, you are one odd fucker. What’s the motivation here?

  3. #3

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Get the fuck out of this country cancer boy. Those scumbags had to cheat to win. Did you see a 21y/o Doug Collins swish those two free throws after he got hammered to the ground? That's having ice water in your veins. Those were the winning free throws for the USA. Now, like I said, get the fuck out of here you racist pedophile.

  4. #4
    EOG 500 Champion Dec. 2013 Paleface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12, 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,440

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    What the hell is that?
    Money lost gambling is twice as bad as money lost on something else..

  5. #5

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Quote Originally Posted by Almost Allright View Post
    What’s the motivation here?
    Trolling. Nothing else.

  6. #6
    Drink loves pizza and handkerchiefs JavyBaez9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 24, 2014
    Posts
    18,131

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    I love America but it'd be pretty funny to see the pussy NBA stars of today representing USA take it in the ass in an Olympics.

  7. #7

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
    Get the fuck out of this country cancer boy. Those scumbags had to cheat to win. Did you see a 21y/o Doug Collins swish those two free throws after he got hammered to the ground? That's having ice water in your veins. Those were the winning free throws for the USA. Now, like I said, get the fuck out of here you racist pedophile.
    Doug choked, no cheating, usa were poor sport scum. I never have and never will root for American basketball.

  8. #8
    All I do is trytrytry trytrytry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 21, 2005
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    33,710

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    greatest day i hoops ever Rail you mean this One Im sure. Feel free to comment, thanks


    http://www.history.com/this-day-in-h...in-ncaa-finals

  9. #9

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Greatest day was 5 black guys beating Kentucky for the NCAA Championship and sticking it to Adolph Rupp....easy cheddar....
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

  10. #10
    All I do is trytrytry trytrytry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 21, 2005
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    33,710

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    We buried Rail. hes obviously done now with this trolling thread.

  11. #11

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    NCAA Tournament First Round

    McHale Center, Tucson Arizona

    UNLV vs. San Francisco

    March 12th, 1977

    NBC TV

    Jim Simpson on the call

    Tommy Hawkins with the color commentary

    UNLV 121-USF 95

    The day SHOWTIME was born.

    This game has FINALLY been uploaded to You Tube

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr-0KLMzYbo

  12. #12

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Female version of attention whore railbird-

    http://pantiesseller.com/images/2017...-panties_2.jpg

  13. #13
    EOG Dedicated Heim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30, 2006
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    17,096

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Quote Originally Posted by O'Royken View Post
    NCAA Tournament First Round

    McHale Center, Tucson Arizona

    UNLV vs. San Francisco

    March 12th, 1977

    NBC TV

    Jim Simpson on the call

    Tommy Hawkins with the color commentary

    UNLV 121-USF 95

    The day SHOWTIME was born.

    This game has FINALLY been uploaded to You Tube

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr-0KLMzYbo
    I can't believe USF couldn't make it to the Final Four with that team. The recruiting class of Cox, Boynes, Hardy and Cartwright still one of the best gets in history.

  14. #14
    TYVM Morgan William!!! winkyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 22, 2005
    Location
    Playboy Mansion
    Posts
    26,994

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Quote Originally Posted by Heim View Post
    I can't believe USF couldn't make it to the Final Four with that team. The recruiting class of Cox, Boynes, Hardy and Cartwright still one of the best gets in history.
    The next year they lost to my Cal State Fullerton Titans
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

  15. #15
    EOG Dedicated Heim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30, 2006
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    17,096

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Quote Originally Posted by winkyduck View Post
    The next year they lost to my Cal State Fullerton Titans
    Yup. The Wizard of Nutwood Bobby Dye was a great coach.

  16. #16
    Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 24, 2008
    Location
    Bridgman, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    12,453

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    I liked the Loyola Marymount team who ran Michigan off the court in the NCAA tourney.
    Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
    -

  17. #17

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Quote Originally Posted by O'Royken View Post
    NCAA Tournament First Round

    McHale Center, Tucson Arizona

    UNLV vs. San Francisco

    March 12th, 1977

    NBC TV

    Jim Simpson on the call

    Tommy Hawkins with the color commentary

    UNLV 121-USF 95

    The day SHOWTIME was born.

    This game has FINALLY been uploaded to You Tube

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr-0KLMzYbo

    Thanks for the link, O'Royken.

    UNLV hit 100 points with more than seven minutes left in the game.

    Of course, there was no three-point line in the late 1970's.

    It was good to see Reggie Theus and the late Glen Gondrezick on the court.

    The Runnin' Rebels averaged 108 points per game in the 1977-78 season.

  18. #18

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Bo Kimble's free throw honoring his teammate and best friend

  19. #19

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Quote Originally Posted by raininthrees View Post
    Bo Kimble's free throw honoring his teammate and best friend
    A left-handed free throw that found the bottom of the net.

  20. #20

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Quote Originally Posted by Almost Allright View Post
    Birdie, you are one odd fucker. What’s the motivation here?
    Railbird being Railbird.

    But like Birdie, I also appreciate international basketball over our country's version of basketball.

    FIBA tournaments feature beautiful teamwork, passing, shooting, gamesmanship, etc.

    I'm tired of watching NBA basketball and all the one-on-one play, a style that high school and college players try to emulate.

    How many times have you seen the best player on an NBA team dribble down the clock for the final shot of the game and come up short?

    It happens practically every night.

    I'd prefer the fourth or fifth-best player on the team take a high-percentage shot rather than the superstar take a contested, off-balance prayer.

  21. #21

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    final minute back and fourth with

    steven adams V bojan bogdonovic would be compelling tv

  22. #22
    GO Bucks!!! Almost Allright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 20, 2006
    Location
    Urban Meyer's garage
    Posts
    16,638
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Railbird being Railbird.

    But like Birdie, I also appreciate international basketball over our country's version of basketball.

    FIBA tournaments feature beautiful teamwork, passing, shooting, gamesmanship, etc.

    I'm tired of watching NBA basketball and all the one-on-one play, a style that high school and college players try to emulate.

    How many times have you seen the best player on an NBA team dribble down the clock for the final shot of the game and come up short?

    It happens practically every night.

    I'd prefer the fourth or fifth-best player on the team take a high-percentage shot rather than the superstar take a contested, off-balance prayer.
    I’m of the opinion seven letters ruined the American game. ESPN and AAU. The former for providing the platform for individual feats to be the highlight and the latter for providing a stage for young players to play as individuals.


    I don’t watch much NBA . I find it unbearable and the college game is getting there. Aside from Ohio State’s victory last night over the school up north. That was a thing of beauty.

  23. #23
    Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 24, 2008
    Location
    Bridgman, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    12,453

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    I do watch some NBA, analytics have ruined it. You basically drive to the hoop or jack up a three. If you have a competent big man, maybe some pick and roll. The three point line needs to be eliminated.

  24. #24

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    I do watch some NBA, analytics have ruined it. You basically drive to the hoop or jack up a three. If you have a competent big man, maybe some pick and roll. The three point line needs to be eliminated.
    Back in the early 2000's, WMU had a basketball player named Mike Williams who had, very simply put, the best midrange game of any college player I've ever seen. Shot something like 64% from 12-18 feet away his last two years.

    They won one MAC title with him, and lost to Vanderbilt in the first round of the NCAA's.

    Just 10-15 years later, he wouldn't have a prayer at any level.

    Sad.

  25. #25
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Nov 26, 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    22,292

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcloud View Post
    Female version of attention whore railbird-

    http://pantiesseller.com/images/2017...-panties_2.jpg

    might've been what railbird was doing 20 years ago
    this space intentionally left blank.

  26. #26

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Quote Originally Posted by Almost Allright View Post
    I’m of the opinion seven letters ruined the American game. ESPN and AAU. The former for providing the platform for individual feats to be the highlight and the latter for providing a stage for young players to play as individuals.


    I don’t watch much NBA . I find it unbearable and the college game is getting there. Aside from Ohio State’s victory last night over the school up north. That was a thing of beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    I do watch some NBA, analytics have ruined it. You basically drive to the hoop or jack up a three. If you have a competent big man, maybe some pick and roll. The three point line needs to be eliminated.
    Quote Originally Posted by ejd_5277 View Post
    Back in the early 2000's, WMU had a basketball player named Mike Williams who had, very simply put, the best midrange game of any college player I've ever seen. Shot something like 64% from 12-18 feet away his last two years.

    They won one MAC title with him, and lost to Vanderbilt in the first round of the NCAA's.

    Just 10-15 years later, he wouldn't have a prayer at any level.

    Sad.
    And here I thought I had an insightful contribution.

    Great work, men.

  27. #27
    Drink loves pizza and handkerchiefs JavyBaez9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 24, 2014
    Posts
    18,131

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Lebron ruined the NBA

    I haven't watched a full game in 2 years

  28. #28

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    Lebron ruined the NBA

    I haven't watched a full game in 2 years

    I respectfully disagree, Javy.

    I love LeBron.

    My favorite part of his game: passing.

    He snaps those long chest passes from 20 to 40 feet unlike any player in the league.

    And defensively, he's had some signature plays when racing from behind and chasing down players on supposed breakaways.

    His greatest offensive moment was when he went hard to the hole against Golden State and got fouled by Draymond Green in the final stages of Game 7 in the 2016 NBA Finals.

  29. #29

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    You won’t see that in 2018....Russia just got booted from the Olympics....sorry Rail.....
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

  30. #30
    Drink loves pizza and handkerchiefs JavyBaez9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 24, 2014
    Posts
    18,131

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    I respectfully disagree, Javy.

    I love LeBron.

    My favorite part of his game: passing.

    He snaps those long chest passes from 20 to 40 feet unlike any player in the league.

    And defensively, he's had some signature plays when racing from behind and chasing down players on supposed breakaways.

    His greatest offensive moment was when he went hard to the hole against Golden State and got fouled by Draymond Green in the final stages of Game 7 in the 2016 NBA Finals.
    Durant wouldn't be a Warrior right now if Lebron doesn't do what he did with Miami. There's no intrigue... 1 more year of Golden State vs Cleveland in the finals and others will stop caring as well. Interest is down.

  31. #31

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Adam Silver is a pretty smart guy....The NBA is in good hands....

    definite upgrade from David Stern....
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

  32. #32
    Drink loves pizza and handkerchiefs JavyBaez9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 24, 2014
    Posts
    18,131

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Quote Originally Posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
    Adam Silver is a pretty smart guy....The NBA is in good hands....

    definite upgrade from David Stern....
    It's a soap opera for dumb people IMO. I guess that's fine, since there are plenty of dumb people. Minorities eat the NBA up, but it's losing white America I'd say slowly but surely.

  33. #33

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    It's a soap opera for dumb people IMO. I guess that's fine, since there are plenty of dumb people. Minorities eat the NBA up, but it's losing white America I'd say slowly but surely.
    Who do you think buys all those courtside seats and boxes?

    Sure isn’t minorities...try corporate rich, white folks...
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

  34. #34
    Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 24, 2008
    Location
    Bridgman, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    12,453

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Quote Originally Posted by ejd_5277 View Post
    Back in the early 2000's, WMU had a basketball player named Mike Williams who had, very simply put, the best midrange game of any college player I've ever seen. Shot something like 64% from 12-18 feet away his last two years.

    They won one MAC title with him, and lost to Vanderbilt in the first round of the NCAA's.

    Just 10-15 years later, he wouldn't have a prayer at any level.

    Sad.
    i remember him well.
    Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
    -

  35. #35
    Drink loves pizza and handkerchiefs JavyBaez9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 24, 2014
    Posts
    18,131

    Default Re: The greatest day in basketball history

    Quote Originally Posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
    Who do you think buys all those courtside seats and boxes?

    Sure isn’t minorities...try corporate rich, white folks...
    It's something to do inside during the winter in Chicago, I'll give you that. Impress a client, take a girl you want to fuck, it's a fun experience. But as far as being a real fan of the league, not as many.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •