we remember the tough ones
    but never mention the ones that go our way

gamblers love to punish themselves

Default Re: Name your worst ATS loss in OT all time

Quote Originally Posted by Willy Loman View Post
    Cowher should have made the tackle.
    Ha

Western Kentucky, I kept thinking I was still going to win that bet right till the end.

I had a Sun Belt game under about ten years ago when defenses in that league were ahead of offenses. It was like 32 points after regulation with a 46 or so total. The game went 4 or 5 OTs with nary a TD scored. It was drip, drip, drip, drip. Both teams would hit a field goal and then both would miss a game-winning FG. Finally, one team hit a FG and the game went over. A guy named UCLA Bruin criticized me for betting a shitty game. Yes it was and I lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy Loman View Post
    Cowher should have made the tackle.
    Feels like a movie title or the name of a play.

I didn't have money on this game but my buddy did and took a brutal beat when we were watching in Vegas. March Madness 2 years ago-first round of tourney. I forgot the two teams involved but I want to say one of the was George Washington. Underdog team (GW)? was up 4 with only seconds left in the game. Opposing team takes a 3 makes the shot and gets fouled to complete a 4 point play to tie it up and force OT. Of course the dog ends up blowing the game and cover. One of the worst coaching jobs you'll see at March Madness because there was absolutely no reason for his defenders to be anywhere near a player. He only needed to plant all 5 players in the lane and they win the game.

Anyone remember the two teams involved?

Sounds like Stephen F. Austin-Virginia Commonwealth in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Sounds like Stephen F. Austin-Virginia Commonwealth in 2014.
    Thanks JK-Great call- I might have mistaken VCU for GWU because of the similar uniform colors. Or I might have been on my 25th beer by that point.

I was big on Pacific in the 2006 NCAA tourney. I forget the exact line I got, but I know I had some +9 and this was back when a fair number of books would let you buy 3 points for 10 cents, so I had a fair bit of Pacific +11.5 -170. They lost by 12 in OT. I was in Vegas with some friends and I remember a few of us put our losing Pacific tickets on the toilet paper roll in my hotel room.

The biggest CBB dog I could find failing to cover in OT was Illinois Chicago on Jan 22 2016, they closed +12.5 flat on Pinny and lost by 13. I found some bigger OT losses but didn't find any that affected the spread. The biggest NBA one I found was OKC +9 failing to cover vs CHI on 1/10/2009, losing by 11 in OT.

Not necessarily an epic beat but I recall ark ole miss game was 17-17 end of regulation ended up 58-56 final in 8 OT's