Low man wins

Thread: Low man wins

Default Low man wins

Works in football, wrestling and basketball when you're driving hard to the hole.

Watched a YouTube basketball video on tips to improve your dribbling skills.

It said to pound the ball hard on the floor for better control.

My favorite shooting tip comes from Steve Nash who said, "Don't go to the gym and get up 500 shots. Instead, go to the gym and make 500 shots. Don't count the attempts, count the makes."

Default Re: Low man wins

You play organized ball JK or just pickup games at rec center?

Only pickup games.

Cut from the high school basketball team.

Earned my letter in wrestling where I experienced some good news and bad news.

The bad news: A teammate in practice once pinned me in seven seconds.

The good news: His name was Michael Foy who went on to star at the University of Minnesota and later served as a two-time Olympian in 1988 and 1992.

What was I doing in '88 and '92?

I was representing Thornwood High School by playing two-team NFL teasers at even-money here in Las Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Only pickup games.

Cut from the high school basketball team.

Earned my letter in wrestling where I experienced some good news and bad news.

The bad news: A teammate in practice once pinned me in seven seconds.

The good news: His name was Michael Foy who went on to star at the University of Minnesota and later serve as a two-time Olympian in 1988 and 1992.

What was I doing in '88 and '92?

I was representing Thornwood High School by playing two-team NFL teasers at even-money here in Las Vegas.
    Thornwood High School taught you well...good bets.

The wrestling coach wanted me to try out, saw those kids running, puking, and sitting in steam room to make weight and said no thanks. Foy probably did you a nice favor.

Foy was just hired to coach the wrestling team at Leo High School in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Works in football, wrestling and basketball when you're driving hard to the hole.

Watched a YouTube basketball video on tips to improve your dribbling skills.

It said to pound the ball hard on the floor for better control.

My favorite shooting tip comes from Steve Nash who said, "Don't go to the gym and get up 500 shots. Instead, go to the gym and make 500 shots. Don't count the attempts, count the makes."
    The most effective dribble in basketball is the retreat dribble. 7 minutes of every practice I run is dedicated to retreat dribbles. Trusting your ability to dribble out of trouble builds poise and confidence.

Oh, and the greatest piece of basketball advice I ever received was from my J.V. coach in high school ... "Brian, learn how to keep stats. That's your only future in basketball." He was right, even today my statistical analysis is better than my pull up jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by brians View Post
    The most effective dribble in basketball is the retreat dribble. 7 minutes of every practice I run is dedicated to retreat dribbles. Trusting your ability to dribble out of trouble builds poise and confidence.
    The retreat dribble, I like it.

I'm currently retreating in our Best Bet thread.

In the words of Dickey V, "Need a T.O., Baby."

Here's a good one-on-one tip from former DI player David Dineen:

If your opponent is wearing you down physically, rest on offense but show no let-up on defense.

Here's a good scoring trick: If you're a better long-range shooter than your opponent, then count every shot made inside the arc as one point and every shot made beyond the arc as two points, instead of the traditional 2's and 3's.

Low man is good for hockey.

Low man also works in (wait for it...) golf.