Jeter Likes to Fire People

Thread: Jeter Likes to Fire People

Default Jeter Likes to Fire People

Guy got rid of ex-Marlins: Conine and Wilson. Now fired thirteen-year tv announcer: Rich Waltz

EOG Dedicated

Default Re: Jeter Likes to Fire People

Jeter also fired Andre Dawson and Tony Perez, the firing of Rich Waltz makes no sense, he was here a long time and did a great job, and Conine is so popular down here his nickname is "Mr. Marlin". The first thing Jeter said at his press conference was they would slash payroll by 50M, the Marlins were a shit show organization under the previous ownership, and they'll be a shit show under the new ownership as well.
    It's not the kill, It's the thrill of the chase

TYVM Morgan William!!! winkyduck's Avatar

The saying: Be careful of what you wish for - you just might get it

Looks like it might apply here

Fans and MLB wanted Loria OUT! And for good reason. But little by little it looks like loria might end up being a BETTER owner that #2 Derek Jeter. Jeter
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

Have a feeling Jeter; despite his image can be difficult to deal with..acted like a bitch when Yanks signed A-Rod..

EOG Dedicated

jeter thought he was better than tulo his last 2 years......cashman said

EOG Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Jeter also fired Andre Dawson and Tony Perez, the firing of Rich Waltz makes no sense, he was here a long time and did a great job, and Conine is so popular down here his nickname is "Mr. Marlin". The first thing Jeter said at his press conference was they would slash payroll by 50M, the Marlins were a shit show organization under the previous ownership, and they'll be a shit show under the new ownership as well.
    if they moved the team to Syria I could careless...Stanton will be gone. the stadium deal they have is probably the best in mlb thanks to luria who made a huge score with the sale.

Traded Jack McKeon has planned on breaking Connie Mack's record this summer as the oldest manager. McKeon had planned on managing one game, but I suggested two out of three preferably against my Phillies. I guess Connie's record is safe because McKeon is gone too. Apparently Jeter won't be happy until he is the only employee left.

Longtime Marlin scout got his walking papers while in hospital recovering from Colon Cancer..Marty Scott received the news few day after surgery..Jeter transition has been anything but smooth..

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by pippy View Post
    Longtime Marlin scout got his walking papers while in hospital recovering from Colon Cancer..Marty Scott received the news few day after surgery..Jeter transition has been anything but smooth..
    Now Jeter is threatening Stanton, he told him if doesn't accept a trade to whoever Jeter strikes a deal with, Jeter will instead gut the rest of the team in order to cut payroll and Stanton will be playing with a stripped down roster. I have a feeling Stanton ends up in SF, he would prefer LA, but at this point just getting back to the West coast should satisfy him, plus I have to think he wants to leave the Marlins organization and play for a real franchise

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by Don Eagleston View Post
    Traded Jack McKeon has planned on breaking Connie Mack's record this summer as the oldest manager. McKeon had planned on managing one game, but I suggested two out of three preferably against my Phillies. I guess Connie's record is safe because McKeon is gone too. Apparently Jeter won't be happy until he is the only employee left.
    Like you say, McKeon had an agreement in place with Loria that he would manage the team for one game toward the end of the season, so he could break Connie Mack's record of being the oldest to ever manage a game, Jeter said no to that and fired him instead. Once a shit show, always a shit show, and the Marlins are one giant shit show of an organization, they're the laughing stock of the league. BTW, I heard McKeon interviewed about what went down, and even though he handled the situation with total class, you could tell how hurt and disappointed he was.

Derek Jeter ????
    Wasn’t he
    obama’s Pal and golf buddy ?
    👎👎
    🤮

EOG Dedicated

Jeter was at the Heat game last night, when they showed him on the jumbotron he got booed

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Jeter was at the Heat game last night, when they showed him on the jumbotron he got booed

priceless.... jeter will see hitting is easier than be an owner.

Kane LOVES handkerchiefs n' pizza JavyBaez9's Avatar

Marlins didn't even try for Ohtani. Pretty sad.

First salary dump by Derek Jeter.....Dee Gordon to Mariners who will switch him to CF.