Can The Raptors Win The East?
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Can The Raptors Win The East?

  1. #1
    EOG Dedicated Heim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30, 2006
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    18,100

    Default Can The Raptors Win The East?

    Best record now means nothing however team seems to have a different feel this year. Jan 11 showdown with CLE might give more insight.
    The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can The Raptors Win The East?

    thomas will give the cavs a new look

  3. #3
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Dec 17, 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    9,891

    Default Re: Can The Raptors Win The East?

    Last I checked LBJ still plays in the East, so the answer is no
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

  4. #4
    EOG Dedicated Heim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30, 2006
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    18,100

    Default Re: Can The Raptors Win The East?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTop View Post
    thomas will give the cavs a new look
    It will be interesting to see if they can co-exist during crunch time.

  5. #5
    EOG Dedicated Heim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30, 2006
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    18,100

    Default Re: Can The Raptors Win The East?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heim View Post
    Best record now means nothing however team seems to have a different feel this year. Jan 11 showdown with CLE might give more insight.
    Raptors 133
    Cavs 99

  6. #6

    Default Re: Can The Raptors Win The East?

    last 3 games by cavs defense gave up 127, 127 & 133 = record 1-2

  7. #7
    Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 24, 2008
    Location
    Bridgman, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    14,674

    Default Re: Can The Raptors Win The East?

    It’ll take some time to work I Thomas into the rotation effectively. Toronto needs HCA, Cleveland doesn’t. They better Home that the lack of D is more from a lack of effort vs age catching up to LBJ.

  8. #8
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Dec 17, 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    9,891

    Default Re: Can The Raptors Win The East?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heim View Post
    Raptors 133
    Cavs 99
    C'mon Heim, you're smart enough to know these games are nothing more than glorified exhibitions for Cleveland, do you really think last night's game was any indication of what would happen in a playoff series? Now don't get me wrong, other than the Celtics, the Raptors look like the only team capable of competing with Cleveland in the playoffs, but until I see a team beat LBJ four times, I have a hard time thinking it could happen. The last time LeBron lost an EC playoff series was 2009, LOL
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

  9. #9
    Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 24, 2008
    Location
    Bridgman, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    14,674

    Default Re: Can The Raptors Win The East?

    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    C'mon Heim, you're smart enough to know these games are nothing more than glorified exhibitions for Cleveland, do you really think last night's game was any indication of what would happen in a playoff series? Now don't get me wrong, other than the Celtics, the Raptors look like the only team capable of competing with Cleveland in the playoffs, but until I see a team beat LBJ four times, I have a hard time thinking it could happen. The last time LeBron lost an EC playoff series was 2009, LOL
    pretty much. Bulls fans would get excited when they beat Cleveland during the regular season, only to get swatted in the playoffs.
    Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
    -

  10. #10

    Default Re: Can The Raptors Win The East?

    Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    pretty much. Bulls fans would get excited when they beat Cleveland during the regular season, only to get swatted in the playoffs.
    There isn't a player on the Cav's team that can play a lick of defense.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Can The Raptors Win The East?

    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    C'mon Heim, you're smart enough to know these games are nothing more than glorified exhibitions for Cleveland, do you really think last night's game was any indication of what would happen in a playoff series? Now don't get me wrong, other than the Celtics, the Raptors look like the only team capable of competing with Cleveland in the playoffs, but until I see a team beat LBJ four times, I have a hard time thinking it could happen. The last time LeBron lost an EC playoff series was 2009, LOL


    I thought it was 2010?

  12. #12
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Dec 17, 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    9,891

    Default Re: Can The Raptors Win The East?

    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Last I checked LBJ still plays in the East, so the answer is no
    Bump
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

  13. #13
    EOG Dedicated Heim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30, 2006
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    18,100

    Default Re: Can The Raptors Win The East?

    Phew!! Thankfully I posted it in the form of a question or 'Timely' would be on my nuts....
    The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

  14. #14

    Default Re: Can The Raptors Win The East?

    Keep doing what you're doing, Heim.

    Heim 332-259-9 +46.22 UNITS

    Good forecasting by KANE in this thread.

  15. #15
    EOG Dedicated Heim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30, 2006
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    18,100

    Default Re: Can The Raptors Win The East?

    Casey looks like he's gone. The extra 2 assists per 100 possessions for Demar did not materialize. Casey wanted to go more in the paint early in series. He took his star out of his element. He does have depression issues last time I checked.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Can The Raptors Win The East?

    heim the guy that called toronto was a fake


    nice work

  17. #17
    EOG Dedicated Heim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30, 2006
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    18,100

    Default Re: Can The Raptors Win The East?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTop View Post
    heim the guy that called toronto was a fake


    nice work
    Barkley loved the Raptors for the series which should have been a hint of what to expect.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Can The Raptors Win The East?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heim View Post
    Barkley loved the Raptors for the series which should have been a hint of what to expect.

    Barkley also loved the Bucks over the Celtics in the opening round of the 2018 NBA playoffs.

    He guaranteed victory for Milwaukee in Game 2 of the Bucks-Celtics series.

    After the Celtics won Game 2, Barkley made one more guarantee: "No more guarantees from me."

  19. #19

    Default Re: Can The Raptors Win The East?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heim View Post
    Barkley loved the Raptors for the series which should have been a hint of what to expect.


    heim giving away a gem.... go against barkley ATS



  20. #20
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Dec 17, 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    9,891

    Default Re: Can The Raptors Win The East?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heim View Post
    Casey looks like he's gone. The extra 2 assists per 100 possessions for Demar did not materialize. Casey wanted to go more in the paint early in series. He took his star out of his element. He does have depression issues last time I checked.
    He gone
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •