What it's like to live in a well-governed country
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 35 of 97

Thread: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

  1. #1

    Default What it's like to live in a well-governed country

    From Canada to Botswana, these six nations consistently rank highest for their progressive social policies, trust in government and effective justice system

    http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/2018...verned-country

  2. #2

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Thanks for sharing. Great read.

  3. #3

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Billy Sink.

    Gradually becoming one of my favorite posters here in Forumville.

  4. #4

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushay View Post
    Billy Sink.

    Gradually becoming one of my favorite posters here in Forumville.
    My 2 month foray into NHL starts after bye week.

  5. #5

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    From Canada to Botswana, these six nations consistently rank highest for their progressive social policies, trust in government and effective justice system

    http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/2018...verned-country
    Botswana is calling your name, enjoy!

  6. #6

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Quote Originally Posted by mr merlin View Post
    Botswana is calling your name, enjoy!
    No Mearl, you see I live in one of the top 6 countries.

    No need to go anywhere.

    Sounds like a safe place for anyone tired of their third world existence though. Better standard of living than the entire Southern US

  7. #7

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    No Mearl, you see I live in one of the top 6 countries.

    No need to go anywhere.

    Sounds like a safe place for anyone tired of their third world existence though. Better standard of living than the entire Southern US
    Oh really, I look forward to your data that shows botswana has a higher standard of living than florida/tx/nc/ga. etc, start digging.

  8. #8

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Botswana LOL

    A man can expect to see 61 year of age on average unemployment is only 18% odds of being undernourished are 1 in 4 and there is a 21% chance you may die of AIDS, but nice governing.

  9. #9

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    From Canada to Botswana, these six nations consistently rank highest for their progressive social policies, trust in government and effective justice system

    http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/2018...verned-country
    Japan is a place I would love to live if I had money if only for a while at least. Botswana

    I have been to Canada twice and its alright, the weather is hideous. I would rather live in Florida or California or Texas or Arizona and have less progressive social policies,etc than live in canada and freezing my balls off

  10. #10

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Canada, where you wait 12 weeks for an MRI, and 4 weeks for cancer treatment, and 41.2 weeks for a specialist.

    Sounds like a third world shithole to me.

  11. #11

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    America is a third world country.

    Great read!!

    https://www.ineteconomics.org/perspe...or-most-people

  12. #12

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    And yet, if someone is diagnosed in America with cancer today and needs chemo today, they get chemo today.

    In Canada, if they suspect they have cancer they wait upwards of 41 weeks for a specialist and the another 4 weeks if they're diagnosed to get a slot to begin treatment.

    So who is the third world country? Canada is better because after 45 weeks of sitting around with cancer, at least it was free treatment that they never received because the cancer spread to their entire body? Coooooool.

  13. #13

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    And yet, if someone is diagnosed in America with cancer today and needs chemo today, they get chemo today.

    In Canada, if they suspect they have cancer they wait upwards of 41 weeks for a specialist and the another 4 weeks if they're diagnosed to get a slot to begin treatment.

    So who is the third world country? Canada is better because after 45 weeks of sitting around with cancer, at least it was free treatment that they never received because the cancer spread to their entire body? Coooooool.
    Canada has a lower incidence of cancer and a lower mortality rate. You could have researched that.

  14. #14

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Botswana has a GDP of approx $6900 per person, Misissippi(our poorest state) is about $35000 per person. Canada, has a gdp of $42000 per person - which means your average canadian is a little better off than people in mississipii. The US has a GDP of $57000 per person.

  15. #15

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Canada has a lower incidence of cancer and a lower mortality rate. You could have researched that.
    That doesn't even remotely address the fact that if you get cancer in Canada you sit around and wait.

  16. #16

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Quote Originally Posted by mr merlin View Post
    Botswana has a GDP of approx $6900 per person, Misissippi(our poorest state) is about $35000 per person. Canada, has a gdp of $42000 per person - which means your average canadian is a little better off than people in mississipii. The US has a GDP of $57000 per person.

    lolololololol

    Canada been over 50 k since 2014.

    We invest in infrastructure, social programming, education and crime prevention.

    You line rich folks pockets.


    There are more violent crimes per year in Kansas City than the entire country of Canada

  17. #17

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country



    For anyone who might be tricked into believing Canada is a real country.

    This is their political discussion... 'Nonsense, nonsense, nonsense, that's what I believe Canadians deserve"

  18. #18

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Riddled with debt
    Third World Infrastructure
    Highest Rate of gun violence in any developed nation
    Bankrupt Federal Emergency Management
    Increasing Racial Tension
    Extreme Socio Economic imbalance
    Divided by Political Hatred

    Sounds like Uganda.

  19. #19
    Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 24, 2008
    Location
    Bridgman, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    14,577

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Riddled with debt
    Third World Infrastructure
    Highest Rate of gun violence in any developed nation
    Bankrupt Federal Emergency Management
    Increasing Racial Tension
    Extreme Socio Economic imbalance
    Divided by Political Hatred

    Sounds like Uganda.
    Not as high as the US/person but the Canadian national debt is $17 mil/person. Pretty substantial in a highly taxed national.

    Canadians are probably more racist than Americans. They channel their racism toward the Inuits and other First Nation tribes. A lot has been written about it in the last year.

  20. #20

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Botswana. JFC. The article loses all credence with that one.
    Maybe it's the best IN AFRICA. That's like saying you're the best dressed man in Albania...
    All those countries have pluses & minuses.
    I've heard good things about Chile.
    New Zealand too.

    Note that all those countries are pretty ethnically homogenous. That helps a LOT.
    Also note that (ignore the token Botswana entry), all have a very low % of blacks and Muslims. It's politically incorrect to point that out, but it's the 800 lb elephant in the room. The dynamics change drastically in many of the positively mentioned categories when the ethnicity mirrors Alabama or Afghanistan.
    Sweden was very much like Denmark. Then they opened their doors to Muslims. Look it up: That's been an unmitigated disaster. They are desperately trying to reverse that. There's a huge lesson there, that many Americans have been brainwashed to ignore.

  21. #21

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    You know what's funny? Canada is only like 3% black, yet they make up 10% of the population in prison/jail.

    In fact, one study showed that despite making up only 3% of the population, they're subject to 27% of Canada's police carding.

    One thing is clear, if Canada was 13% black like the United States, they'd be utterly incapable of handling it.

    I wish someone told hispanics that Canada was as good as billysink thinks it is. Maybe they'd stop coming here and Canada would have to either be "bigot" like the United States or stop millions and millions of hispanics from stealing from them and ruining their infrastructure. What a choice!

  22. #22

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    Not as high as the US/person but the Canadian national debt is $17 mil/person. Pretty substantial in a highly taxed national.

    Canadians are probably more racist than Americans. They channel their racism toward the Inuits and other First Nation tribes. A lot has been written about it in the last year.
    our debt goes back to the country in infrastructure and social programming, crime prevention

    yours goes to finance unnecessary wars and line rich peoples pockets

  23. #23

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Riddled with debt
    Third World Infrastructure
    Highest Rate of gun violence in any developed nation
    Bankrupt Federal Emergency Management
    Increasing Racial Tension
    Extreme Socio Economic imbalance
    Divided by Political Hatred

    Sounds like Uganda.
    Yet so many famous Canadians who can afford it will move to America

    I think gretzky lies in California or Arizona, his daughter and Dustin Johnson live in florida, all those celebrities move. The weather just sucks in canada, I would rather go down with the ship in America than slogging it out every day in some icebox

  24. #24

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    You know what's funny? Canada is only like 3% black, yet they make up 10% of the population in prison/jail.

    In fact, one study showed that despite making up only 3% of the population, they're subject to 27% of Canada's police carding.

    One thing is clear, if Canada was 13% black like the United States, they'd be utterly incapable of handling it.

    I wish someone told hispanics that Canada was as good as billysink thinks it is. Maybe they'd stop coming here and Canada would have to either be "bigot" like the United States or stop millions and millions of hispanics from stealing from them and ruining their infrastructure. What a choice!
    Hispanics wrecked our infrastructure.




    Ain't that a fukkin shame

  25. #25

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Quote Originally Posted by brockboogienigh View Post
    Yet so many famous Canadians who can afford it will move to America

    I think gretzky lies in California or Arizona, his daughter and Dustin Johnson live in florida, all those celebrities move. The weather just sucks in canada, I would rather go down with the ship in America than slogging it out every day in some icebox
    the rich and famous

    the 1%


    they are much better off in the US.

  26. #26

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

    All people with ambition are better off in America, lil billy

  27. #27

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

    96,000 Mexicans in Canada

    Hard workers, mostly in the agriculture segment.

  28. #28

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

    Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    All people with ambition are better off in America, lil billy
    lil

    when I was 11

  29. #29

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

    Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    lil

    when I was 11
    I know two things about you that's always been little.

  30. #30

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

    Ive been there, its beautiful. Personally for me I cant live in that kind of weather, Id be miserable.

    A warm 74 degrees down here in middle of January.....

    Just what this old man needs.

    If you happy where you live thats all that matters.

  31. #31

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

    Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    I know two things about you that's always been little.
    You don't know me.

    You would run, not walk away.

    I rather doubt you have the sack to be anywhere near me. Way, way outta your league

  32. #32

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

    whatever you say old man

    enjoy your 3rd world shithole of a country, but make sure you spend all of your time chatting about American politics regardless

  33. #33

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McIrish View Post
    Ive been there, its beautiful. Personally for me I cant live in that kind of weather, Id be miserable.

    A warm 74 degrees down here in middle of January.....

    Just what this old man needs.

    If you happy where you live thats all that matters.



    Can't argue about that.

    Fukkin cold here.

  34. #34

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    the rich and famous

    the 1%


    they are much better off in the US.
    Not all of them . Alot of Canadians retire and move to Florida,Arizona,California etc

  35. #35

    Default Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

    Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    whatever you say old man

    enjoy your 3rd world shithole of a country, but make sure you spend all of your time chatting about American politics regardless

    smart kid

    back up without tripping, must do it a lot

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •