NFL Off-Season Signings and Draft Speculation - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NFL Off-Season Signings and Draft Speculation

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Default Re: NFL Off Season Signings and Draft Speculation

Minn not franchising Case Keenan.
    Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
    -

EOG Dedicated

Even though Miami tagged Jarvis Landry, there's growing speculation they're looking to trade him, the teams I've heard are Indy and SF
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

Trey Burton TE for Philly will garner some attention....he will get paid....
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
    He'll never have to pay for a meal in Philly for being part of that great trick play

Bears might be in on him

2nd most cap room in league behind Cleveland

EOG Dedicated

It's being reported the Dolphins and Bears are in trade discussions involving Jarvis Landry and Jordan Howard, not sure what else is involved, but it looks like this might happen

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    It's being reported the Dolphins and Bears are in trade discussions involving Jarvis Landry and Jordan Howard, not sure what else is involved, but it looks like this might happen
    This would not shock me. Howard's abilities in the passing game leave much to be desired and Nagy probably wouldn't mind a change. I think the Dolphins would have to give a bit more than Landry, but we'll see, NFL deals are weird sometimes.

My first thought on this was how the Bears trade up to get Saquon Barkley...

EOG Dedicated

Reports out of Chicago say Miami sends Landry, a 3rd round pick, and their first rounder (11th overall), and in return they get back Jordan Howard, and the Bears first round pick (8th overall). I've also been hearing Miami is looking to take a QB, so by them moving up 3 spots in the first round, they must feel the guy they're targeting might not be there at 11

Default Re: NFL Off-Season Signings and Draft Speculation

Not sure that's enough draft equity. Dolphins are 20 million over the cap and need to get a trade done.

EOG Dedicated

Ian Rappaport just tweeted his sources say the Bears have zero interest in trading Howard, crazy stuff. I still think Landry will be traded, maybe not to Chicago though, or maybe they'll figure out another deal not involving Howard

Lib's always do poorly on the Wonderlic test

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by michael777 View Post
    Lib's always do poorly on the Wonderlic test
    Solid contribution

It's the third of the month,go cash your welfare check

If any team has the opportunity to draft Saquon Barkley, and passes, they will regret it for the next decade. It starts with Cleveland. Kid may be the best RB to enter the NFL in the modern era. Can do everything exceedingly well. Elliot turned around a team, Fournette turned around a team. This guy will be way better, with no off the field, or head problems.

With the report that the Eagles are looking for a 1st and 4th rounder for Foles, it seems unlikely Foles is going anywhere. What team would give up a 1st for Foles, much less a 1st and a 4th?

I think if moving up 1 draft spot to get an untested QB is worth an almost similar 1st round pick postion, a 3rd round pick, a 4th round pick, and a 3rd round pick the following year.

you begin to understand the hysteria and desperation that GM's feel to get any flicker of hope for a franchise Q.

its essentially priceless for a GM to increase his shelf life for a franchise QB career if he thinks it is worth the risk

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_Dorothy View Post
    I think if moving up 1 draft spot to get an untested QB is worth an almost similar 1st round pick postion, a 3rd round pick, a 4th round pick, and a 3rd round pick the following year.

you begin to understand the hysteria and desperation that GM's feel to get any flicker of hope for a franchise Q.

its essentially priceless for a GM to increase his shelf life for a franchise QB career if he thinks it is worth the risk
    There have definitely been some overpays for QBs, but Foles isn't a high potential guy, so not sure how you can stomach that kind of cost. He was with a few teams and was bad before he caught on with a very good Eagles team and was capable enough to not cost them. He still played very bad at home against the Falcons and almost lost that first game though, so even if you do have an elite roster, it's still not a slam dunk.

Wonder if the Bears are still high on Ridley?
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Did he have a bad combine or something?

Allen Robinson expected to not be franchised. Bears should sign him ASAP.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BftUq1JA...ource=ig_embed

He says he's doing just fine in a Cubs jersey... is that a sign?

Eventus stultorum magister NowshesmyRuca's Avatar

Word on the street is Bears are kicking themselves for passing on Mahomes.
    Clowns make me laugh! :+textinb3

Quote Originally Posted by NowshesmyRuca View Post
    Really inaccurate.

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    There have definitely been some overpays for QBs, but Foles isn't a high potential guy, so not sure how you can stomach that kind of cost. He was with a few teams and was bad before he caught on with a very good Eagles team and was capable enough to not cost them. He still played very bad at home against the Falcons and almost lost that first game though, so even if you do have an elite roster, it's still not a slam dunk.
    I think a team would be nuts to pass on Foles, even if it were a 1st rounder. Where else are you going to get a cap-friendly starting qb next year?

Both teams got the guy they wanted. I do know for 100% fact the Chiefs would have been devastated if Mahomes was gone. He Was the unquestioned, unanimous #1 QB on their board. They would likely have traded up for Watson. Very doubtful they would have traded up for Trubisky. I think they'll all be top 10 guys at worst, and all will be better than any QB in the 2018 draft.

Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    I think a team would be nuts to pass on Foles, even if it were a 1st rounder. Where else are you going to get a cap-friendly starting qb next year?
    A #1 would be pushing it, and he'll likely sign a lucrative extension with any team trading for him. A #2+ will likely get it done if Wentz is healthy, but I don't blame the Eagles for saying it will take more than a #1.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuesser View Post
    Both teams got the guy they wanted. I do know for 100% fact the Chiefs would have been devastated if Mahomes was gone. He Was the unquestioned, unanimous #1 QB on their board. They would likely have traded up for Watson. Very doubtful they would have traded up for Trubisky. I think they'll all be top 10 guys at worst, and all will be better than any QB in the 2018 draft.
    I don't think the Chiefs would have been talking about trading up to 2 if Mahomes was their top guy. And they were. Doesn't make a lick of sense.

But as of now, we know Trubisky can be serviceable with the worst WR corps in the history of the modern NFL. Not to mention Howard is one of the worst pass catching RBs in the NFL and they had no real TE presence after Miller gruesomely broke his leg. We don't know much about Mahomes yet. Should find out more next year.

Yes, Howard is not a good receiver, but he is an absolute workhorse running the rock. You can't trade him for a possession receiver.

That would be the logical selection for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    Yes, Howard is not a good receiver, but he is an absolute workhorse running the rock. You can't trade him for a possession receiver.
    True. I was just highlighting how it's unfair to grade Trubisky on his raw numbers. The 5th WR came over from San Diego and immediately became our best WR by a wide margin. That's embarrassing. If the front office doesn't completely fix the WR situation and give Trubisky a chance they're just going to tank his career.

Eventus stultorum magister NowshesmyRuca's Avatar

It's 2018 and there are people still dumb enough think WR's make QB's. Except for some extreme cases it's the other way around.

Trust me as a Broncos fan I would have wished for nothing more than for the Chiefs to have drafted Trubisky would have set the franchise back a good 4 years. Oh well.
    Clowns make me laugh! :+textinb3

It's 2018 and there are people still dumb enough think WR's make QB's. Except for some extreme cases it's the other way around.

Trust me as a Broncos fan I would have wished for nothing more than for the Chiefs to have drafted Trubisky would have set the franchise back a good 4 years. Oh well.
    Yeah. Why didn't Jay Cutler turn Johnny Knox and Devin Hester into pro bowlers at the WR position? You realize you have to be able to run routes, catch, and be taller than the DBs covering you to be a good WR generally speaking, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    True. I was just highlighting how it's unfair to grade Trubisky on his raw numbers. The 5th WR came over from San Diego and immediately became our best WR by a wide margin. That's embarrassing. If the front office doesn't completely fix the WR situation and give Trubisky a chance they're just going to tank his career.
    No doubt their number one priority would be to upgrade the WR position, which probably was dead last in ability.

I don't think the Broncos should be poking fun at ANYBODY else's QB. My top season win bet last year was Denver under 8 1/2, and until they sign Cousins or seriously upgrade, they are going to be in trouble again in this year.

DeAndre Hopkins has been elite since 2014, so kudos to Ryan Fitpatrick, Ryan Mallet, Case Keenum, Brian Hoyer, TJ Jates, Brandon Weeden, Brock Osweiler, Tom Savage, and DeShaun Watson for making him that way.

Ruca

Why didn't Trubisky make the practice squad WRs no other NFL team would sign if they were cut pro bowl caliber WR? That scrub!