EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (RAININTHREES is our March contestant)
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (RAININTHREES is our March contestant)

Default EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (RAININTHREES is our March contestant)

Rules:

• Contestant will post 30 plays in 30 days (one play per day) starting the first of the month.
    • Games must be played within a 30-day time frame.
    • Major North American team sports only: NFL, NCAAF, NHL, NBA, NCAAB, MLB, MLS, CFL and WNBA.
    • Full-game sides and totals -110 or LOWER.
    • Contestants are graded against Pinnacle numbers at the time of post.
    • Must hit 60% or better to be declared a winner of the $1,000 prize.
    • Cannot play both sides of the same game.

Default Re: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (RAININTHREES is our March contestant)

Best of luck to RAININTHREES.

Default Re: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (RAININTHREES is our March contestant)

In EOG's Best Bet thread, RAININTHREES is showing a profit of 3.73 units after 305 plays.

Head. Above. Water.

Good Luck!
    If you ain't shopping you ain't trying

EOG Dedicated

BOL Rainin, take this fucker down!
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

And so it begins, as I will try to add context for each selection as we go forward. I am on the road
    traveling today, so it must be brief. I use what I call, my 12 commandments of wagering.
    9 commandments involved straight numbers based on analytics with 3 commandments involving
    historical trends that "I" find relevant. 7 of 12 form a lean with more forming a multiple unit play.

Play(s)

1) Rotation #566 Missouri State Bears -3 +107

I need Bears to hold +10 rebounds and make Valpo have 20+ 3-point attempts.

Final score: Missouri State 83 Valpo 79.

RAININTHREES opens the event with a winner.

A record of 1-0 on his way to 18-12 or better.

Good start 3's. Best of luck.

Play(s)

Rotation#

1) 3/1 #566 Missouri State Bears -3 +107 WIN
    2) 3/2 #835 Western Michigan Broncos +1.5 -106

I believe the wrong team here is favored here. We all know how tricky it is before these conference tourneys starts. Broncos should defend Central and their outside shooting attack well, while having the luxury of a roster with 6 players with the ability to be double digit scorers.

Few teams in this league have the road resume Western Michigan has accrued this season, and those teams (Buffalo or Toledo) should be a #13 seed in a couple of weeks in the big dance, unless my Eastern Michigan squad upsets the apple cart. peace

GL, raininthrees (great name btw)

Game postponed due to a campus shooting at Central Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    just heard, sign of the times

ppd's for weather, travel issues, and now shootings

be back later with another game before this evening

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Play(s)

Rotation#

2) 3/2 #803 Charlotte Hornets +3.5 -110

The east coast is absolutely getting it's brains smashed in right now. My lights have gone out 6 times this
    afternoon already, as the storm intensifies. Gotta go until tomorrow, everybody enjoy a safe friday night.

Final score: Philadelphia 110 Charlotte 99.

1-1

Stay safe during the horrible weather.....and good luck for the rest of your selections....

This contest is not easy...
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
    Stay safe during the horrible weather.....and good luck for the rest of your selections....

This contest is not easy...
    thanks for the kind thoughts
    lights flickering on and off all night long
    send bread, water, lanterns, and 3-5 team round robins...

Play(s)

Rotation#

2) 3/2 #803 Charlotte Hornets +3.5 -110 LOSS
    3) 3/3 #529 Kentucky-Florida Over 143 -110

Some Thoughts:

Both teams enter playing improved ball while on winning streaks. Full motivation to perform
    at a high march madness type game level, as a win here will result in a double bye in
    the SEC tournament next week. Cal has been tweeking the lineup for weeks to find a right and
    just formula, as Kentucky has clearly been getting better with each and every game, and the
    results show as they have improved their points per game by north of 5 points in
    the last
    quarter of their season here,
    which is a wonderful barometer entering the silly season.

In the previous match-up which was held way back in January both teams were still looking
    on a milk carton for any sense of cohesive offenses, as they combined for percentages of
    36.6% FG's 21.7% 3-PT's 65% FT's with the Gators pulling out a 2 point win in Lexington.
    I expect a much improved march madness level type game with the high stakes on the line
    this afternoon, despite the number moving against me early.

peace...

Quote Originally Posted by raininthrees View Post
    thanks for the kind thoughts
    lights flickering on and off all night long
    send bread, water, lanterns, and 3-5 team round robins...

3's is a funny guy.

Good luck guy and thanks for the game notes!

Halftime score: Florida 48 Kentucky 33.

Nice hit on Florida/Kentucky over.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Final score: 80-67, Florida.

2-1

Play(s)

Rotation#

3) 3/3 #529 Kentucky-Florida Over 143 -110 WIN
    4) 3/4 #824 Houston Cougars -14 -106

Some Thoughts:

Here is something you don't hear everyday, as the Cougars have a massive talent edge over the Huskies.
    These things happen sometimes and that is the case right here. UConn has struggled all season long to find their identity but lack of talent, depth, size and with only one seasoned scorer, it just has not been enough.Houston has had a wonderful season and is on the cusp of a possible tourney bid heading into march with a squad that features a Top 20 scoring defense and Top 10 FG percentage defense nationally.

Cougars have attempted an average of 29 3-PT FG's in their last 3 games as they are not shy. UConn
    happens to be ranked 260th nationally in 3-PT defense. I hear shooters enjoy more favorable bounces in their home arena, as they need to show know mercy trying to get into the field of 64 or is it 68?

peace

Houston wins 81-71... -14 never had a chance

Two wins and two losses from four plays.

Tomorrow is an important selection if you believe early selections in this event affect a player's outlook.

Play(s)

Rotation#

4) 3/4 #824 Houston Cougars -14 -106 LOSS
    5) 3/5 #725 Wisc-Milw. Panthers +3.5 -109

Some Thoughts:

Believe Wright St. is the more talented team and has a really good emerging frosh in Louden Love, but if
    anybody out their has a job and works with fellow employees, we all know talent ain't everything. Wright. St has
    had a terrific season but the is the silly season and the #1 seed in this league has already been bounced in N.Kentucky.

Wisc.-Milw has had an average season just like last year where they ended up in the conference tourney finals losing to N.Kentucky. This year they will try to make the same run and they are the deeper squad returning 7 core players in this one. Wisc.-Milw. in their last 4 games has out scored their opponents by 7.5 points per game in the second half and as the deeper team here will be tonight's selections.

PS if anybody wants to watch a kick-ass game tonight E.Tenn.St and UNC-Greensboro has promise.

peace...

Good luck 3's. I also like the Panthers tonight. Played a little ML too.

Final score: 59-53, Bad Guys.

RAININTHREES stands at 2-3 after five selections.

His write-ups however are undefeated.

The man can turn a phrase.

Play(s)

Rotation#

5) 3/5 #725 Wisc-Milw. Panthers +3.5 -109 LOSS
    6) 3/6 #509 Denver-Dallas Over 216.5 -110

Some Thoughts:

Nuggets travel into Dallas this evening to get a win and maintain their playoff position, as they are
    currently holding down the 8th and final spot, over Utah and the LA Clip Joint. Mavericks are in a much
    different time in their basketball lives playing out the inferior string while the masses call them tanking,NO?
    As a delve into the numbers going into tonight's tilt, since Feb. 1st Denver has a road record of 4-1 averaging 119 points per game in that cluster, which is a tremendous output. That being said despite the gaudy 4-1 record they have allowed those home teams to average 117 points per game. This leads me to believe 1) that they are a cohesive scoring unit and 2) they left their defense in VAIL.

The Mavericks dumpster fire of a season rolls on as they play out the final 20 game swing. Since Feb. 1st this team has only played at home 5 times with a respectable 2-3 record while averaging 112 points per game, which happens to be a little more than 10+ points on average per game while playing in the friendly confines of home. This tells me at home they show their faces and play hard while playing to win. Other game notes, Mavs Devin Harris returns tonight while Mavs best on ball defender Wesley Matthews sits this one out via nagging injury.

peace...

thanks Brayden11
    hows the investing in sports been treating you?
    hope all is well, let's talk anytime

Current record: 3-3.

EOG Dedicated

BOL Rain

Quote Originally Posted by fifty cint View Post
    BOL Rain
    Ditto. Get over that 50% hump and run baby.

Thanks for adding thought process. Great stuff.

I hope you take this down.

thanks,

will never play just to play a game, as I always
    need numbers and trends to back theory

Play(s)

Rotation#

5) 3/5 #725 Wisc-Milw. Panthers +3.5 -109 LOSS
    6) 3/6 #509 Denver-Dallas Over 216.5 -110 WIN
    7) 3/7 #627 Iowa St. Cyclones +5 +103

Some Thoughts:

Down year for Iowa St. after some top players graduated. Coming into the BIG 12 tournament they have dropped 6 in a row, but I have seen that before with teams that only chance of getting in the field is the conference tournament. Teams thru-out basketball will leave everything on the court that last game. Donovan Jackson has recently returned with hopes of adding depth and scoring heading in this match-up.

As for Texas going into this game, it is believed Texas will be without there double/double machine Mo Bamba in this game.
    I am not an injury play guy 99% of the time, but usually we are not talking about a NBA lottery pick. Longhorns own some depressing BIG 12 conference stats as they are last in scoring offense,three point percentage and free throw percentage. I believe the Cyclones have a rebound edge in this game, even if Mamba were to play. I will take the points in a game between two teams that are more even matched than most think, hopefully.

peace...