NIT 2018 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NIT 2018

Default Re: NIT 2018

This is going to be a great watch to see how books set these totals for this tourney. Longer 3 point shot will be off set with a two shot bonus at five fouls. Teams that have foul problems vs good FT shooting guards is going to be an interesting watch.

Marquette would be perfect for this tourney. Their top 3 FT shoots are all over 86% and have 3 guys that the extra distance on the three point shot would mean nothing.

I would really like to see all these changes enter the game next year.

Dislike the shot clock rule

first bookie i recall putting up totals on all games, including 2nd halfs, was spiro at olympic/thegreek.

eliminate the shot clock and the three point line and i may start watching college basketball again.

20 seconds after offensive rebounds, joke rule change.

Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    Yet all of thr problems are with the players who have no intention of staying. If they don’t want to be there,let them go pro. How is a year of college going to help LeBrons kid when he reaches that age?
    Agree 100%

If baseball and hockey players can get drafted and play in the minors right out of HS, if tennis players can go pro at young ages, why can't basketball players? Yes, most benefit from staying a few years in college, but who is anyone to say nobody CAN'T pursue a pro career if they want? Its people like Adam Silver believing they know what's best for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    Agree 100%

If baseball and hockey players can get drafted and play in the minors right out of HS, if tennis players can go pro at young ages, why can't basketball players? Yes, most benefit from staying a few years in college, but who is anyone to say nobody CAN'T pursue a pro career if they want? Its people like Adam Silver believing they know what's best for everyone.
    I remember when WR Williams from SC tried to go to NFL after 2 years and court ridiculously said no go. Ruined the kid's career. When a kid turns 18, he/she should be able to turn pro. After all, 18 year olds can vote, get killed in war, and purchase AK-15. There is no constitutional protection against being stupid!

EOG Dedicated

Lot of the sites I look at have not adjusted, Covers in a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Love seeing the possible 2-for-1 strategy in college hoops.

It's one of my favorite areas to watch in the NBA.
    well watch that in the nba, why ruin college basketball, gonna lose way more fans then going to gain

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    Agree 100%

they can, nobody is stopping them.

Quote Originally Posted by howid View Post
    eliminate the shot clock and the three point line and i may start watching college basketball again.

20 seconds after offensive rebounds, joke rule change.
    agree

4 quarters is like nails on a chalk board

I was so confused quickly checking Vermont score thought was min to go end of "1st" when saw 1:15 and like 30 total pts scored